Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re: What is Truth? 23 Dec 2013 16:29 #6204

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Well, let's think about the positive. While all those people have their eyes glued to their smartphones, maybe accidentally they'll find this website! :cheer:

We know the only human nature we can change is ours and by doing that with receiving more and more and even more Divine Love, the troubles of life and what's going on in this crazy mixed-up world has less of an effect on us.

With over 7.2 billion people living on earth now, it's my humble opinion that the vast majority of them are good and decent people and doing the best they can under the difficult circumstances we call life. I guess I base this on the hundreds of people who I know and have met over the years. While they all follow a different faith or none at all, at least they have been exposed to Divine Love just by being in my presence!

As I've posted before, next September there will be a whole lot of Divine Love very near our nation's capital. Maybe, just maybe, it's influence will be felt far and wide. Fingers crossed and praying for a miracle. :)

Love,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What is Truth? 24 Dec 2013 06:10 #6205

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes Joan, I like to think about the positive. You and I both know that all it takes is to plant a seed. That seed may lay dormant, buried deep in the back of one's mind; until suddenly something will click. Ah ha that's what they were talking about. Hopefully that will happen on this side of the mist and not on the other.

We ourselves know of what the future holds for us, trying to convince others of the truth can be very difficult as they are so brainwashed that they cannot reason or understand anything else.

Even my own family won't accept the truth as they are still holding on to the creeds of their religion. My sister is a devout Bible thumper and says any religion that denies the Bible is not a true religion. We know how much damage that book has caused.

Re: What is Truth? 30 Jan 2014 11:01 #6292

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
Quotes from the linked message below.

No founder of any race or sect has ever taught the New Birth, or the inflowing of the Divine Love in contradistinction to that of the natural love. And the teachings of Jesus are the only ones that reveal to man the existence of this Divine Love, and how to obtain it. So you see the importance of this Truth coming to man. I must say here, that without the possession of this Love no spirit can enter the Celestial Spheres.

The teachings of the other founders will show men the way to a life of happiness, and to what they may suppose, continuous existence. But the teachings of Jesus are the only ones that declare and lead men to a realization of the true Immortality of the soul.

The Mohammedan is a Mohammedan still, and so likewise the followers of Zoroaster, and also those of Buddha and of Confucius, and all of the various founders of religious sects.

Condition of spirits and their experiences and beliefs that are below the Celestial Heavens; how they congregate together

Re: What is Truth? 31 Jan 2014 09:06 #6296

• Ian
Not everyone who talks about Divine Love knows what it is, the millionaire cult leader guru Sri Chinmoy claimed to be an Avatar or a direct incarnation of God, he wanted obedience from all his devotees so he claimed that if they ever leave him their souls will punish them. He even claimed that the souls of those who go against him will leave those people, he taught celibacy but was himself a sexual pervert and quite a few ex-followers verify this.
It seems these gurus all have the same claim, that they are god-men on earth and as long as naive people fall into their trap, these gurus will be there for them and take their money and mess up their lives.

What is Truth? What happens when we die? 31 Aug 2016 15:00 #7785

• Ian
I was reading this message early on today and it just kept on coming back to me, I clicked on it three times to read it again.

Spirits' experience when entering the spirit world and their progress

The part that kept on repeating itself was this.

"No spirit, after it once gets into the place that is suited for it to live in, ever retrogrades, although it may stand still for a long number of years, and never make any progress. But this is a truth not known to a great many mortals, and spirits also, that the condition of the mortal at the time he becomes a spirit, fixes his condition and place of living when he first enters the spirit world; after he is put in such place by the law of attraction as I have said, and when once that place is found and occupied, the spirit never goes to a lower place; but either will stay in that place for a long time, or will progress - and ultimately will in all cases progress."

The same thing that Jesus told me years ago, the day we die is very important because the accumulation of what we have done here on earth, (our condition) decides where we begin in the spirit side of life. We do not decide this but the laws decide and place us exactly where we should be placed.
This may be a shock for those who believe they can just keep on sinning right up until they die and it won't have any effect on them, and an even greater shock afterwards when they find that their free will isn't so free any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

What is Truth? 07 Sep 2016 14:28 #7804

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Truth, keep it simple. The mind seeks tangents, often clouding the soul and it's inner perceptions. The problem is our material mind injecting ideas that distract us into thoughts of the past or future but never focuses on the Now. In the Now we are able to pray for God's Divine Love as the light that guides our way through the "mind fields". Keeping it simple keeps us in the Now in prayer for His Love and protects us from the imaginations of the material mind that distract and retard our spiritual conditions. Let's get out of our material mind and into our soul's. Truth, keep it simple.