Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

The truth and errors in the Bible; Closing of the Celestial Heavens 21 Aug 2016 08:11 #7727

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
Lets see what we can find, this is from Ann Rollins, again this is mentioned, that an image is nothing more than an image, I think this needs to be thoroughly understood or we will not understand why we were created, what we are, what the great gift is, what the new birth is or how God could close the celestial heavens preventing many from attaining to immortality and divinity, being at-one with the Father.

Quote.
Ann Rollins.
"Neither in his physical nor spiritual form was man created in the image of his Father, because the Father has no such forms; but, in the Soul Essence, the image was made alike.
Yet, man is of such a great degree in God's Creation that he can refuse to receive this Soul Essence, if he so wills. His soul is capable of receiving It, but is not compelled to do so. And while man has the image, yet, if he neglects to receive the Substance, he will never become at-one with the Father. That image will never be more than an image only.

God is so Good that He implanted what may be called the natural love in man's soul; and that love is sufficient to make him comparatively happy. And in the great day when sin and error shall be destroyed, man's natural love will be able to cause this happiness.

But man will not be at-one with the Father in the larger sense, and will not take on the Divine Nature of his God. So, you see the necessity of seeking this wonderful union with the Father."
End quote. Ann Rollins Continues a Discussion of Jesus' Discourse on the Father's Being and Nature.

I think we need to look at it from the immortals souls perspective and not from an image soul perspective, or it will be like looking out from inside a box and thinking that this is everything, instead of looking at it from outside and seeing the box for what it is.

Could it be that when God "in the great day when sin and error shall be destroyed" simply removes the gift of free will?
Then mankind cannot seek at-onement with God because the free will is needed to do that, and neither can he break God's laws any more because he needs free will for that too. Then what is left? man free of sin by becoming the perfect natural creation as he was in the beginning, but this time, without free will.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The truth and errors in the Bible; Closing of the Celestial Heavens 21 Aug 2016 14:00 #7728

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Could it be that when God "in the great day when sin and error shall be destroyed" simply removes the gift of free will?
Then mankind cannot seek at-onement with God because the free will is needed to do that, and neither can he break God's laws any more because he needs free will for that too. Then what is left? man free of sin by becoming the perfect natural creation as he was in the beginning, but this time, without free will.

This is a good question Ian and perhaps this is the way it will come to pass. It also opens the question from this message;

"And as the first parents had all the qualities that these restored men will have, yet fell, then why may it not be that these latter will also fall, and that there may come some change in the individualized spirit that will destroy that individuality and dissolve it into its elements of pre-creation?"

How can a perfected soul fall again and lose their perfection if not for free will? This part of the message is intriguing to me and makes me wonder if God will step in and destroy sin and therefore restore man to the perfection of his creation.

God "in the great day when sin and error shall be destroyed"

The messages through Padgett say however that God will not destroy sin arbitrarily but that man must take personal responsibility and be the destroyer. I tend to agree with this but the rate of progression at which man is doing this will take millions of years to accomplish. If this is true, then how can we be in the last days? Something inside me says that God is going to hasten this change/condition in man and bring about the eventual harmony of man and therefore close the kingdom or not and simply close it because of man's apathy and separate the wheat and tares..... forever. Either way, I feel like God is going to do something big, very soon.

The truth and errors in the Bible; Closing of the Celestial Heavens 21 Aug 2016 14:35 #7729

• Ian
Which message was that Dan?
I know it doesn't say anywhere that God will remove free will, but as you said the first created fell and before they fell they had no sin, so if God destroys sin and mankind retains the free will then won't it be just a repetition of what went on before.
I'm only speculating here by the way.

The truth and errors in the Bible; Closing of the Celestial Heavens 21 Aug 2016 14:52 #7730

• Ian
Ok, I found this, it might not be the message.you were referring to but it will do.
I'll put the first part in so we know what he is talking about.

Jesus.
"The preacher's sermon was an advance upon the beliefs of the orthodox in many particulars, but in the most important particular, and in the one that will affect mortals most vitally in their progress in the spirit life, he was wrong, very wrong. I refer to his declaration, that he saw or knew of no statement in the Bible that would justify him in asserting that there would be an opportunity for the spirits of mortals, to receive pardon or to progress from the condition of hell to that of light and heaven in the spirit world, when they had not started on that journey in the mortal life."

"Many poor souls have come into the spirit world with this belief firmly fixed in their minds and conscience, and the difficulties have been great and the years long before they could awaken from this belief and realize, that the Love of the Father is waiting for them in spirit life just as in the earth life, and that probation is never closed for men or spirits, and never will be until the time of the withdrawal of the great opportunity for men to become inhabitants of the Celestial Heavens, and even then, the opportunity to purify their natural love will not cease, and never will, until all who have the opportunity shall become perfect men in their natural loves."
All who refuse to seek the Way to the Celestial Heavens, will eventually find their way to the kingdom where the perfect natural man exists.

This sounds like a long drawn out affair for those who do not get into the celestial heavens, so sad.

The truth and errors in the Bible; Closing of the Celestial Heavens 21 Aug 2016 15:27 #7731

• Ian
Jesus also says this.

Until the time comes when the Father shall withdraw from man and spirit the privilege of obtaining this Divine Love and Essence, which time will bring the second death, these spirits and all spirits and mortals will have the opportunity of seeking for and finding the way to the Celestial Spheres and Immortality. But after that time, this privilege will no longer exist. Then, those spirits and mortals who have not found and followed the Way of that privilege will be, and become, only the perfect beings, as were their first parents. They will have no assurance of immortality, or even continuous life, and that dissatisfaction and longing for something unknown will be theirs.

They will remain only the created beings in spirit body, soul, and mind. And as the first parents had all the qualities that these restored men will have, yet fell, then why may it not be that these latter will also fall, and that there may come some change in the individualized spirit that will destroy that individuality and dissolve it into its elements of pre-creation?

No spirit knows that such a change will take place - that the perfect spirit will not always retain the same individuality, or that the happiness of such spirit will not always exist. And neither does any spirit know that these things will continue to be.
The Destiny of the Man Who Does Not Have the Divine Love in His Soul, and Who Dies with Only the Natural Love and a Belief in the Creeds and Dogmas of

It seems to me that they don't really know what will happen to those who do not become at-one with The Father.

The truth and errors in the Bible; Closing of the Celestial Heavens 21 Aug 2016 19:30 #7732

• Jan
  • Thank you received: 35
Ian,
I concur with you that no one seems to know what will happen with those who don't receive Divine Love.

I am really appreciative of this forum! I love the deep discussions that are going on. There have been some discussions that I have been reading and I can remember reading in the messages information on that particular subject but don't know right off hand where to find it in which volume. That's why this forum is encouraging me to study the messages more in depth so as to know where what I have read is at.
Thanks everyone!
Jan
If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian