Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 23 Feb 2011 00:18 #4053

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Militarism, is viewed as patriotic and to oppose is unpariotic. This assumes that fighting for one's country and supporting those who do is the highest way we can show our patriotism. In other words, to fight and kill and be killed is the ultimate sacrifice for others and country.

It is believed that there is no greater honor than to die for country. And many believe there is no greater honor than to die for another so that they may live. However Jesus said; let the dead bury the dead, as we live in an upside down world that says that death is our greatest sacrifice to man and God. Death, though momentous to many, is nothing more than an everyday event and is fundamentally common. This assumes death to be the enemy when in fact it is a friend to many. People are held in fear that death should be avoided at all costs as if some will escape it's clutches. Death is nothing more than a transition to another life. And because we don't change through the transition of death and essentially find ourselves on the other side with the same thoughts and beliefs; death then, is not the great leveler.

What then is the greatest sacrifice to man and God if it isn't death? Could it be to love one's enemy and to refuse to engage in battle with non-violent resistance. Perhaps taking a stand on truth is the ultimate sacrifice even when others call you a coward for refusing to kill an alien from another land that your country has called an enemy. Some will pray that God favors their county in battle and claim protection. Justification for the maiming, injury and death of others in the name of militarism and God and country is barbaric and unhumanistic. Public opinion must over ride these false beliefs that war can only be fought with greater horror as a deterrent. this is false logic and is rooted in the belief that we must defend ourselves against and kill our adversaries. Wow, this is a sad commentary on man. Has anyone thought that there just might be another way?

Your brother in Christ,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 23 Feb 2011 21:52 #4058

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
Well Dan, in this country we don't have all the propaganda you do over there about being patriotic, and we are not being told that it is an honor dying for your country and we don't sing God bless Norway.
This sounds like propaganda from ww2.
I think most of the people I have met, not just in this country but others too would find this kind of media propaganda very strange, as nobody I have met wants to see war, and I believe those that do join and become soldiers and go to fight in these wars will one day regret it.

As I said in Joan's thread about the truth and errors in the bible, what needs to be sacrificed are our false beliefs, and we can achieve this by seeking the truth God wants us to know.
When people want peace they will get it, if they want war, they will get that too.
Many people do not look inside themselves and see that there are conflicts raging inside them, the fight between good and bad it has been labeled.
Maybe some do see this, maybe some know that this inner personal conflict effects those around them, maybe they don't know that this inner personal conflict effects people they don't know a long way away.

Has anyone thought that there just might be another way?

GOD!

Love and Blessings, Ian

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 24 Feb 2011 13:33 #4064

• Ian
From Paul.
There are some things which are contained in the Bible which, if properly understood, would reveal to man that no resurrection of the body was intended as the thing which Jesus came to earth to declare and teach.

When he said, "I am the Resurrection and the Life," he did not say or mean, "Wait until I die and then I will demonstrate the Resurrection," or, "When you see me ascend to heaven, then will I become the Resurrection and you will know it." Rather, not only in the first instance mentioned but also at all times, his declarations were that he was the Resurrection while living! And these declarations did not refer to the man, Jesus, or to any disposition that he might make of his body, either physical or spiritual; or to any apparent ascension of his physical body (which never took place) or to any ascension of his spiritual body (which did occur). In these particulars, he was essentially no more than, or different from, other men who had died or would die.

Truly, Jesus was the Resurrection and the Life; and I, Paul, who am the recipient of this Resurrection and know whereof I speak, and have knowledge of the fact that those inhabitants of the spirit world who have never received this Resurrection are still in a condition of death, insofar as obtaining the Divine Love of the Father and the consciousness of Immortality are concerned, declare unto you that what I have attempted to describe as the Resurrection from the dead, is the True Resurrection.
The True Resurrection That Jesus Taught

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 24 Feb 2011 14:00 #4065

• Ian
(Question by Padgett concerning Matthew 24)
Concerning the End of the World.
Jesus:
Well, so far as that prophecy is concerned, it referred to the fall of Jerusalem. At that time, I mean just prior to and at the time of the destruction of Jerusalem, the whole world was in that condition that the prophecy speaks of. I did not know anything about the present condition of the earth and could not have referred to these times or to what may now happen among men.

The end of the age, as it should be written, referred to the ending of the Jewish dispensation and not to the end of the physical world. That was not to be destroyed at the time the prophecy was to be fulfilled, and no man or spirit now knows when the earth will cease to exist. Only God knows that and He has never revealed it.

But this I do know, that such an event will never take place until He has worked out His plan for the ending of the world, and I believe it would be many centuries yet before such an ending to the earth and the visible world would take place. And I do not know that it will ever have an ending, and much less can a human foretell the same. So you need not bother about these things.
The Truth Concerning The End of The World

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 24 Feb 2011 14:05 #4066

• Ian
Jesus:
I desire tonight to write to you in reference to the way in which, as the preacher advises, "Christ may be in you." I know that it is almost universal among preachers of the orthodox church to teach their hearers that the way to salvation is to get Christ in them, and thereby they will be enabled to come into unity with the Father, and will cease to remain subject to the effects of sin and evil. Well, this teaching is the true foundation of salvation for the Celestial Heavens, provided it be understood by the preachers and the people what the true meaning of "Christ in you" is. Unless this meaning is comprehended, the fact that preacher or people may believe that they have Christ in them will not work the results that they may suppose or desire.

Many, and I may say the most of these professing Christians have ideas of what this expression means, in activated terms, that are not in accord with the true meaning of this condition of the soul. They believe that all that is necessary is to believe on Jesus as their savior by his sacrifice and death, that in so believing they have Christ in them, and that nothing else is required. They have no conception of the distinction between Jesus the man, and Christ the Spirit of Truth, or more correctly, the Spirit that manifests the existence of the Divine Love in the soul.
Christ May Be in You - What it Means

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 24 Feb 2011 20:25 #4068

• Ian
Jesus:
So that, when we pray to the Father to increase our faith it is a prayer for the increase of Love. Faith is based on the possession of this Love, and without it there can be no faith, because it is impossible for the soul to exercise its function when Love is absent from it.

Sometime, as you progress in these writings, you will be in soul condition to understand just what faith is, but until that time your faith will be limited by your possession of this Love.

Well, in my healing of the sick, and the blind and the others of earth, who needed a cure, when I said: "as your faith so be it unto you," I meant that they must believe that the Father had power to bring about the cure; but I did not mean that if their minds merely had the belief that I might cure them, that then they would be cured. Belief was not sufficient of itself, but faith was required.

Faith is not a thing that can be obtained by a mere exercise of the mind, but has to be sought for with the soul perceptions, and when obtained will be enjoyed only by the soul perceptions.
The Truth Concerning Faith