Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:The Power of Divine Love 25 Feb 2011 17:46 #4080

• brotherdavek
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

i have experienced the relief of fear, doubt and worry on a spiritual or soul level, and an increase in belief and Faith as the result of Prayer for Divine Love, however, as the quote of the message says, prayer does not remove the cause to the material condtion. It does empower me to take action to remove the cause to the material level condition, in belief, thought and circumstance.
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The Power of Divine Love 25 Feb 2011 19:44 #4081

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dave, I agree that prayer does not remove the cause of worry and fear as that would infer that we are the cause of this change when we are not. God's Love is that which causes an expiation of our disharmonies.

With love,
Dan

Re:The Power of Divine Love 05 Mar 2011 23:43 #4115

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
In Helen Padgett's message to her husband, James, she writes that she can see the progress of his soul and that he would be surprised to know that when he passes over, he will go to a very high sphere. She explains when we receive a sufficient abundance of God's Divine Love, the Law of Regeneration blots out our sins and cleanses our soul.

"Well that may be so, but when you get this Great Love in your heart in sufficient abundance, and you have much of it now, your sins will be blotted out. This is the law of regeneration; otherwise, the man who continues without this Love, and the man who receives it, would be in the same condition, and the New Birth would mean nothing. So do not think that this Great Love is not sufficient to cleanse the soul of the results of the sins of earth life; and, best of all, it cleanses while you are a mortal.

I know that the spiritualists quote and proclaim the law of recompense or compensation, but there is a higher law that nullifies that law; and when Love, this Divine Love, comes into the soul of a mortal, the law of compensation is removed from the scope of its working, for Love is the fulfilling of the law. So do not let that stumbling block make you believe that this Great Love is not sufficient to remove all sin and error, and to purify your soul so that you may become fitted to live in the kingdom of the Father and become one with Him.

No, the Love is for the vilest sinner, and no man can by a mere act of restoration fit himself for the inflowing of this Divine Love. It is waiting for the sinner as well as for the saint; and even though your sins be as scarlet they will be made white as wool. I mean that you will not have to wait to make recompense to mortals before this great Love can do the cleansing work; else what is the use of having this Great Love provided for man? If he shall first make himself pure, what is the necessity for the work of the Holy Spirit?

Only pray for this Love and have faith, and you will get it. God is the judge of what a man shall do to render justice and restitution, and when He says that this Divine Love, with all its cleansing power, is for the sinner who seeks for it by true faith, who has the right to say that the sinner must first do what man may think is justice between himself and his fellow man?"

Law of Compensation.

Re:The Power of Divine Love 15 Mar 2011 20:30 #4163

• Joan
Jesus explains in this message how it is that our souls are transformed into the divine nature of our Heavenly Father by receiving His Divine Love and as it finds a lodgment in our soul, however small it may be, that part contains the very Essence of God. This is why it is so very important to continue praying for His Love all during our lifetimes, as the more we receive the closer we become to at-onement with our Father.

"When once the Divine Love finds a lodgment in the soul, it, to the extent that it receives the Love, becomes as it were, a changed substance, partaking of the essence of the Love. And as water may become colored by an ingredient foreign to itself and which changes not only its appearance but its qualities, so this Divine Love changes the appearance and qualities of the soul, and this change of qualities continues ever thereafter. The natural qualities of the soul and the Essence of the Love become One and united, and the soul is made altogether different in its constituency from what it was before the inflowing of the Love, but this only to the extent of the Love received.

As this Love increases in quantity, the change and transformation becomes correspondingly greater, until at last the transformation may and will become so great that the whole soul becomes a thing of this Divine Essence and partakes of its very nature and substance, a being of Divinity.

When once this Love enters and truly possesses the soul and works the change mentioned, it, the Love, never leaves nor disassociates itself from the soul. Its character of Divine Essence never changes to that of the mere natural love, and so far as it is present, sin and error have no existence because it is just as impossible for this Essence and sin and error, to occupy the same parts of the soul at the same time, as it is for two material objects to occupy the same space at the same time, as your philosophers say.

Divinity never gives place to that which is not of the Divine. Man is working towards the attainment of the Divine, when he pursues the way provided for obtaining the Divine nature. And as he advances and obtains a portion of this Divinity, no matter how small, he can never retrace his steps to the extent of ridding himself of this transforming Essence and again become without its presence."

How the Soul of a Mortal Receives the Divine Love, even though his Mind may indulge in False Beliefs, and the Truth concerning a Lost Soul

Re:A discourse on cleansing of the soul through receiving Divine Love. 18 Sep 2011 23:04 #5091

• Joan
To those who are just beginning the Divine Love journey, I want to say, be not afraid, as these things happen very quickly and a spiritual cleansing only occurs when our soul is so filled with God's Divine Love, there's no more room at the inn for any more! So God makes more room... it's a simple housekeeping procedure and as those of us who aren't fond of housekeeping know... it ain't no fun, but what happens when it's all clean and beautiful... we Love it! So, thereafter, God changes the sign at the inn to "vacancy"... and we get filled up again with even more of His fantastic and wonderful Love. :cheer:

When we have received a sufficient abundance of Divine Love, then God's Law of Love goes into effect. Jesus best explains what is happening below.

"This is what I came principally to teach mankind. When I said, as you sow, so shall you reap, I meant this to be the law of God as applied to the natural man as well as to everything else in nature; but that law is subject to be set aside so far as its operations on the souls of men are concerned, by the soul of man receiving in sufficient abundance, the Divine Love.

And when the Great Love of the Father is sought and received by the soul of man in sufficient abundance, the law of compensation is made non-effective and the Law of Love becomes supreme, and man is relieved from the penalties of his sins.
In My Father's House There Are Many Mansions

Becoming transformed by God's Divine Love doesn't happen overnight, but it is a process and as Al wrote above, it is the most wonderful blessing that we can ever receive from our loving Creator and Heavenly Father.

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:A discourse on cleansing of the soul through receiving Divine Love. 19 Sep 2011 08:05 #5097

• Kathryn
  • Thank you received: 0
Al this makes a lot of sense to me. In order for God’s Love to dwell harmoniously within us, it is beneficial to find an environment where it may flourish once it arrives… sometimes I have envisioned God’s Love coming into my soul as small seeds. Sometimes the seeds land on enriched top soil where they can grow and flourish easily and sometimes the seeds land on hard pan and in order for them to sprout and grow I have to do some weeding and provide nourishment. Providing nourishment may come in many forms. Perhaps forgiveness may be one of them?

God’s Love has provided me with the tools to face some of my toughest memories. Often I have looked closer at the person as to why they may have acted in that manner and the pain they may have caused me and often I see a person who is still struggling from their own pain and that they feel alone and lost. I truly try to put myself in their shoes and I have been amazed at how my anger towards them has turned to Love. I Love how Divine Love has aided me in this. I know it’s the Love of God that lets me truly see that person and their pain. By TRULY forgiving that person, sometimes I have to revisit the pain, which is uncomfortable but feels so wonderful to have let go.

I have also developed a somewhat deeper understanding of the compassion which we can have for ourselves as we experience remorse for our own dark feelings. As we seek Divine Love, our earnest desire for it helps us to face more honestly those painful feelings and experiences that have been hidden for so long. Our guardians understand that our past experiences made these encrustations almost inevitable--and our Father's Divine Love will strengthen us to face the dark feelings of anger, grief, or hatred, and it will lift them off of our souls bit by bit. We can be grateful when this happens because we can be assured that it is Love that is cleansing us and preparing us to be filled with our Father's Divine Love to enter the soul. Love and Blessings, Kathy
John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again”