Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:Reincarnation: Fact or Fable? 09 Nov 2013 21:53 #6060

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
One of our dear Divine Love friends, Geraldine, explains in her testimony, which is published on Ian's website as well as our book, Divine Love for the Soul, how her beliefs in Buddhism and reincarnation changed after she found Jesus' teachings. Here's an excerpt.

"At a very difficult time in my life, I was searching the Internet for information about the soul and stumbled upon a web site containing something that I never expected to find – messages from Jesus, no less, and from other Celestial Spirits.

In my earlier years, I became interested in, and practiced an Eastern Philosophy (Buddhism), for more than 16 years. Later on, I joined a Metaphysical Church and also did some research on “Huna”, a Polynesian religion. These “philosophies” seemed, then, to contain answers to many questions I had, but which the Christian religions did not satisfy. I believed, though, that Jesus was a great philosopher himself, but that his true teachings were misrepresented by the Churches. Though Buddhism taught us that there were “many gods” in the Universe, acting as protective forces, and not only one God, I had accepted this point of view with some reservations, as I sensed that there was only “GOD”.

But I found logic in the theory of reincarnation, taught by this doctrine, since it seemed to explain many aspects of life that I could not, otherwise, understand. Yet, for some reason, I continued to ask the “Universe” to reveal the Truth to me, and, to the best of my recollections, I yearned for this since my early teens.

Somehow, the messages from Jesus and the other Celestial Spirits caught my attention in such way that I was convinced that, in response to my soul’s searching for “Spiritual Truths”, I was prompted by these Angels to find and read their messages. I read them with amazement, every possible moment that I could find."

Read Geraldine's testimony here .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Reincarnation: Fact or Fable? 25 Nov 2013 07:05 #6126

• David
  • Thank you received: 1
When I began to have an interested in spirituality I started to read many books and websites about Near Death Experiences (NDE). As I read I often would see the topic of reincarnation come up. Since I never believed in it, as soon as I saw any affirmation of its as true I would become disheartened and would not want to continue reading more. However, some of these books, websites were so good with the other information that was presented I did continue to read but I did so with a skeptical eye. It bothered me a lot that so many new-age books and books on spirituality taught that reincarnation was true. One day I came across, more like I was led to a book that that explained why so many books on spiritualism teach reincarnation as truth. It explained that people who have NDE would often go to spiritualist to share their experiences. During their conversations the spiritualist would suggest the topic of reincarnation and would affirm to the person that it is real and true. After some time they would then accept it as truth and when sharing their experience with others would also include information about reincarnation that they had now begun to believe and think that it was part of the information that was delivered to them during their NDE experience. When I found the messages on DL on the internet I was ecstatic when I read that reincarnation is a false belief. This was one of the main reasons why I trusted the messages about DL which until then I had never heard of before. I felt I had been guided to the Holy Grail when I found the DL messages and stopped reading about peoples NDEs.

with love,
David

Re:Reincarnation: Fact or Fiction? 29 Nov 2013 23:39 #6151

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
Over the course of the last two years, I have read many books written by mediums from dictations passed through the veil. Most of these books have very similar stories about the spirit realms and progression up to the higher spheres. All have the common fact that there are multiple levels before reaching the Celestial Heavens. Interestingly these books range in 100 years of writings by several different mediums.

All of these books mention reincarnation in them. The hypothesis of the inhabitants in the spirit spheres is, some believe in reincarnation and they hang around the Earth plane waiting to be reincarnated, but no body has ever met any spirit that has ever been reincarnated, or have they ever met any spirit that knows anyone that has ever been reincarnated.

So the truth is you can wait an eternity but you will never be reincarnated. The laws of progression dictate that, you never go back to live over what you didn't get right the first time.

Like it has been stated in this thread before, when conception begins, the soul is attached to the physical body and protected by the spirit body. How then can a soul with it's spirit body have room to be planted in a physical body again?

Past lives are just that, past lives of other spirits that have attached themselves to the living. True what Holly said before.

I used to believe that I had been reincarnated because of an experience I had when I was a teenager. We were up in the mountains fishing and for a moment I saw myself standing on the river bank in buckskin clothing and no one was around me. Then in a blink of an eye, I was back standing in my regular clothing with my brothers and uncle near me. Strangest feeling I have ever had. In retrospect I think there must have been a spirit that was there trying to tell me something of his life as an early mountain man.

Re:Reincarnation: Fact or Fiction? 07 Aug 2016 19:46 #7677

• Joan
I'm bringing this thread up again as this false belief needs to be eradicated from this earth.

Re:Reincarnation: Fact or Fiction? 07 Aug 2016 20:54 #7680

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
Reincarnation is a Hindu belief, it fits in with their caste system and saves them from feeling guilt about those poor people who have nothing. It is an abomination and a lie.

Re:Reincarnation: Fact or Fiction? 07 Aug 2016 21:20 #7682

• Joan
Thank you for your explanation, Ian. I wondered who thought that one up.

Recently, I told somebody just remember this; "It's one and done."

One life and that's it. There's no coming back, except for visits.

Spiritual and soul progression continues in the spirit world.