Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Reincarnation: Fact or Fiction? 17 Feb 2011 05:27 #4007

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Perhaps, there is a very good reason why the doctrine of reincarnation is a fable, beyond the obvious fact that it goes against God's Laws and as further explained in Luke's message below, and that is our wonderful supreme Creator doesn't believe in reruns. We learn from God's Truths, that all of God's children possess brand new, never-been-incarnated souls. Thank you, Father. Fortunately for me and my soul, I never believed it in the first place, so this false belief is one that never needed to be released and let go.

I recall once discussing the subject of reincarnation with a friend and to my astonishment, she admitted that she was looking forward to returning to earth. "Why?" I asked her. Previous to this announcement, I had no idea what her religious affiliation was. She replied that she was looking forward to having the same type of life that she was already living. What! Needless to say, my feeble attempt at enlightening her to the utter uselessness of this belief fell on deaf ears.

This excerpt from Luke's message about the constituent parts of the soul also further illuminates the reasons why "there is no such thing as reincarnation":

"And we further understand, and such is the result of our observations, that when the soul - and keep in mind that I mean the two parts when I say soul - once becomes incarnated and assumes an individualized form, it never thereafter loses that individuality and, hence, never again returns to its condition of preexistence and can never again become reincarnated in the existence of any human being.

There is no such thing as reincarnation, and all the theories and speculations of men upon that question, which conclude that a soul once incarnated can again become incarnated, are wrong, for the incarnation of a soul is only one step in its destined progress - from an invisible formless existence to a glorious angel - or to a perfected spirit.

A soul in this progress never retraces its steps - it is always progress, though sometimes stagnation takes place - but continues as an individualized spirit until it reaches its goal in fulfillment of the Father's plan for the perfecting of His universe."

Mystery of the Birth of the Soul in the Human Being. There is no such thing as Reincarnation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Reincarnation: Don't Be Fooled by This Fable 18 Feb 2011 13:54 #4012

• Joan
I was discussing the afterlife with a co-worker several years ago and her belief was that our souls go to a big warehouse in the spirit world where they congregate until the time comes for one of them to reincarnate. I would have loved to ask her, well, where do you hang your spirit body?

As we know from Jesus' teachings, our soul is housed in our spirit body and this is connected to our physical body by a silver cord. In a near-death experience, the spirit body with the soul lifts out of the physical body and returns because the silver cord is still connected. At the time of our passing, however, the cord is severed thereby preventing the spirit body from re-entry into the physical body.

John explains it very well in this message:

"The question has often been asked: 'What does the spirit of man do when it leaves the physical body for eternity?'

Many spirits, I know, have written you about this matter and some of them have described their personal experiences, yet in all the information that you have received there are some facts that have not been referred to, and I will in a brief way describe them.

When the spirit leaves the body, there is a breaking of the silver cord, as it is called, and thereby all connection between the spirit and the body is severed for all eternity - never again can that spirit enter that body, and neither can any other spirit, although, I know, it is claimed by some spiritualists that another spirit may inhabit the cast-off body. But this is all wrong, for no spirit ever enters the body which has once been the home of another spirit, and, hence, claims made by some of the wise men of the East that such a thing can be, have no foundation in fact.

When the silver cord is once severed, no power that is known to the spirit world, or among spirits of the highest sphere, can again resuscitate that body and cause the manifestation of life, and, hence, in the miracles mentioned in the Bible, where it is said that the dead were brought to life, it must be understood that this tie between the spirit and the body was never broken."

What does the Spirit of Man do when it leaves the Physical Body for Eternity?

Re:Reincarnation: Don't Be Fooled by This Fable 19 Feb 2011 16:17 #4024

• Joan
An ancient spirit, Lamlestia, who wasn't an angel, but a very high spirit in the Sixth Sphere, shared his experience with James Padgett.

"I, also, was present because of that attraction, for when on earth I was a great believer in these doctrines, and especially those that teach reincarnation and karma, and I still believe in these things. Although I have been a spirit for many centuries, yet these earth beliefs cling to me and hold me to the binding force of their truths, as I conceive these truths to be...

And this I must say, that in all the centuries of my spirit existence, never have I known a spirit or the soul of a spirit to reincarnate, and in this my disappointment has been grievous. Many spirits of our association have become perfect through renunciation, and yet they have remained spirits and progressed to the highest heavens of our possibilities (the Sixth Sphere).

Yet, strange as it may seem in view of this experience, we still, to a more or less degree, cling to our old beliefs in reincarnation, thinking that there is something else, that we know not of, to be done in order for reincarnation to become the destiny of our souls.

Sometimes I think that my beliefs in this particular must be wrong, for in comparing the condition of mortals, the most advanced in their mind and soul development, I realize that they are not in a small degree the equal of us in development, and then I wonder and, wondering, cannot understand what good could be accomplished or what improvement made in our condition for progressing, should we again enter mortal bodies."

Lamlestia (an ancient spirit) Discusses Reincarnation and Theosophy

So as he wrote, "these earth beliefs" are his truths and they cling to him. We know from Jesus' teachings, and by reason of the fact that we are receiving God's Divine Love, that they are not God's truths. So if we are to live in truth and it is our desire to become Divine Angels and immortal, then we must pray for this Love as it "unclings" to us all false beliefs... especially the belief in reincarnation.

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:Reincarnation: Don't Be Fooled by This Fable 19 Feb 2011 22:34 #4027

• Holly
  • Thank you received: 0
I just wanted to add a few thoughts to the subject of reincarnation. What may be a stumbling block to those who believe in reincarnation is this "past-life regression". Because some experience this "past life regression" in an hypnotic state, they believe this is proof of their past lives. Well, I would like to explain another explanation for this experience. What they need to understand is they are channeling spirits who are presently around them, many of which are earth-bound spirits who need help.

Thankfully, I know this to be true because I've seen spirits clairvoyantly from different walks of life and yet I know they are not my past-lives. In fact, not too long ago, I saw rapid moving picture-scenes of various individuals from earth's past. Two of them stayed in my mind the most. One was an older lady from the 1800's wearing a long dress with her hair up in a bun. She was standing in her house surrounded by many old furnishings and nick-knacks. Her eyes looked as if they had cataracts so I don't think she could see very well.

The second life I saw was a young man standing near a castle wall. I could see the green grass behind him. This man was very angry as he was shouting towards those in the castle. His red face and dark hair were sweaty. I could see he was wearing a light-chained armor of clothing. I saw them both clearly and yet they are so different to each other. But yet I knew they were both spirits who were revealing their earth lives to me.

Anyway, I believe when one sees something similar to this, they could get easily confused and think this is their past lives but in actuality it is the spirits that are around them who may be earth-bound or just letting them know who they were when they lived on the earth.

But in the end, I believe people will continue to believe in reincarnation because they want to return to earth. They like it here and can't imagine a better place. That is why we need to share these wonderful messages of love and light. There is something greater for humanity beyond the earth-world experience and we need to move forward to find it, not backwards.

Much love, peace and a growing knowledge of the things of God be with us all,

Holly

Re:Reincarnation: Don't Be Fooled by This Fable 20 Feb 2011 00:54 #4028

• brotherdavek
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Holly, so good to see you here.
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:Reincarnation: Don't Be Fooled by This Fable 20 Feb 2011 19:48 #4034

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi Holly and welcome.

I too believe that spirits do come to some people and tell them about themselves and inform them about the times they lived in when on earth.
How these people interpret this has been through the ages, the subject of discussion, myth, speculation, belief and some people actually get it right and know the truth about it.

This concept of returning to the earth has been spread around the western world, mainly by the new age believers who take their concepts from the eastern religions that believe this, the fact is though that no-one has ever reincarnated. Just because someone can imagine, or receive a thought from a spirit about a certain time or a certain personality, is no reason to jump to conclusions that they must have been reincarnated.

There are also impostor spirits/lying spirits, these spirits will prey on those that are open to their suggestions, for example, if someone wants to be Jesus, or wonders if he could actually be Jesus but just didn't know it, they may/will attract those spirit/s who tell him he is Jesus, they will send him false evidence and do what ever they can to convince him, then they are both happy, the deceiving spirit/s are having a good laugh at this man's stupidity and the spreading of lies, and the wannabe Jesus is happy with his false belief. But in the end it will all fall apart, for the victim and the people that followed the victim.

A quote from Luke.
"There is no such thing as reincarnation, and all the theories and speculations of men upon that question, which conclude that a soul once incarnated can again become incarnated, are wrong, for the incarnation of a soul is only one step in its destined progress, from an invisible formless existence to a glorious angel or to a perfected spirit."
Mystery of the Birth of the Soul in the Human Being. There is no such thing as Reincarnation