Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Divine Love Comes Only in Response to the Soul's Longings 14 Feb 2011 06:01 #3997

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
This is a very good message from James Padgett's grandmother, Ann Rollins. She writes that unless our soul's longings are activated to receive God's Divine Love, then it's impossible to receive it. The awakening comes by our taking action and praying for this Love. And, further, receiving it on one occasion will not miraculously transform us into Divine Angels. Rather, it is a lifelong endeavor of prayer and reaching out to our Father and as our souls receive more and more Love, then the longings become easier and a formal prayer is not always needed.

"You are now in condition to receive our messages, and I wish to write for a while on the importance of knowing the Way to the Celestial Kingdom. We have written to you of this before, but I wish to add to what you have received. You have been told that the only Way to obtain that Kingdom is by the Divine Love coming into your soul, and changing it into a Divine thing which partakes of the very Essence of the Father, Himself. Well, this is a correct explanation of the operation of this Love on the soul; but in order to get this Love, there must be earnest supplication on the part of the seeker. A mere mental desire for the inflowing of the Love will not suffice.

This is a matter that pertains to the soul, alone; and the mind is not involved, except, as you might say, to start the soul's longings and prayer. When you think that you are longing for this Love, and have a mere mental desire for its inflowing, the Love will not come - because it never responds to the mere mind, but must always be sought for by the soul's longings.

Many men have the intellectual desire for the Love of God, and they rest upon that desire. They believe that they have the Love, and that there is nothing further for them to do; but they will find themselves mistaken. Instead of possessing this Love, they have only awakened the natural love and, in a way, started it towards its goal of the purified soul that the first parents enjoyed before their fall. But they will not experience the transformation that comes with the possession of the Divine Love.

It is no easy matter to have these longings possess the soul. And men should not remain satisfied with these mere mental desires, for they will not be benefited by such desires, except, as I may say, in the way of having their natural love purified. The longings of the soul come only from a realization that this Love is waiting to be bestowed, and that the soul must become active and earnest in its endeavor to have this Love come into it. Then the transformation takes place.

You will see from this how utterly impossible it is for mere devotees of the church to experience this Love. The longings of the soul are not aroused by the observance of the church's sacraments and the duties which they impose. They may be ever so zealous in their attendance upon the church services, and in their complying strictly with its prescribed requirements; however, it is all a mental process with them - the soul is not affected. They may think that their desires are from the soul and that a response will come, but they are mistaken in this; the soul remains unaffected. Only when the soul's longings are started into activity are prayers of the worshiper answered.

So you will see that a man may be apparently devout, and full of zeal for his church and the teachings of his creed; yet he will not be benefited insofar as the progress of the soul is concerned. Let not your desires originate from only the intellect, but try to bring the longings of the soul into being. And do not rest satisfied until a response shall come - as it will certainly come - and you will know that the Love is present and working Its transforming power upon the soul."

The Importance of Knowing the Way to the Celestial Kingdom. Divine Love Comes Only in Response to the Soul's Longings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Divine Love Comes Only in Response to the Soul's Longings 14 Feb 2011 21:31 #3998

• Joan
In this message, George Whitefield, a Celestial Angel, gives us a tip as to the easiest way for our soul longings to aspire for God's Divine Love with quiet meditations:

"It is a fact, and I know whereof I write, that the regeneration of the human soul is caused more by the quiet meditations of mortals of the truths of the Father and by the silent longings of the soul, than by the emotions that arise from the fervid and persuasive sermons of the preachers and evangelists. These latter may arouse the dead souls to a realization of their need of a reconciliation to God, but not so often do these emotions bring the soul into rapport or unison with the Father, as do the silent meditations of which I speak.

There must be the true soul longings and aspirations for this love of the Father, and in such cases these longings do not arise from the emotions produced, as I have mentioned, and especially where such emotions are the results of fear created by the picturing of an angry and revengeful God. No, in the silence of the home chamber, where the mortal is, as it were, alone with God, and lets his longings go to the Father for the bestowal of His Love, because of the love that the mortal may have for the Father does this Divine Love come in response and regenerating power.

Only the mortal and God need be alone.

Excitement or the magnetism which the preacher may give to the mortal does not create the true longings or aspirations, and for the preacher to suppose that the great world teacher must be a man with this great personal magnetism, or with a voice that can cause the feelings of the mortal to vibrate with emotion or excitement, is a mistake.

Jesus when on earth, I am told, never tried to create emotion or excitement in this manner, but his teachings were as the still small voice that enters the soul and draws it to a contemplation of the Father's Love in all the power of a soul's longings - hungry and craving."

The Great World Teacher Will be the Master Again Come to Earth in the Form of His Divine Revelations

Re:Divine Love Comes Only in Response to the Soul's Longings 15 Feb 2011 05:52 #3999

• Joan
So now we know that the easiest way to receive God's Divine Love is in quiet meditation and as our soul's longings go out to the Father, then He hears us and responds. Jesus explains how the process works in this message.

"The only way in which the soul may become an inhabitant of the Celestial Spheres is by its obtaining of the Divine Love and thereby become a partaker of the divine nature of the Father, and this can be accomplished only by the inflowing of the Divine Love by means of the operation of the Holy Spirit, which is the instrumentality used by God to carry this Love to the souls of men.

This Love never forces itself into the souls of men, and comes only when men seek for it in sincerity and with effort. It is waiting for all men to receive it, but never comes into the soul of its own initiative and without invitation.

So the important question is: 'How does it come into the soul and what must men do to induce its inflowing?'

There is only one way, and that is by the opening up of the soul in such a manner that this Love, when it comes in response to sincere seeking, may find an entrance and a condition of development that will cause it to find a lodgment and abiding place, harmonious and satisfactory to the qualities of its own existence.

Of course, man cannot of himself open up his soul to this inflowing, for while he has great power, yet the will is not sufficient, nor has he any other inherent qualities that will enable him to place his soul in such condition as to make possible the work of the Holy Spirit in causing the Love to flow into the soul.

The only means by which this can be accomplished are prayer and faith.

When a man in true earnestness and sincere aspirations prays to the Father for this Divine Love, such prayer not only brings Love, but causes those portions of the soul - which are capable of receiving this Love - to open up to its coming and to work in such a way as to attract the Love.

The Holy Spirit never performs this work of preparing the soul for the reception of this Love, but merely brings the Love and causes its inflowing, when the soul is in condition to receive it.

In answer to prayer, there are other instrumentalities of the Father working to prepare the soul condition that is required, and these instrumentalities are the bright spirits of the Celestial Heavens whose duties, among others, are to answer the prayers of the penitent in the way of infilling the soul with influences that turn the thoughts and aspirations to this Divine Love and its operations."

How the Divine Love enters the Soul of a Human Being

Re:Divine Love Comes Only in Response to the Soul's Longings 15 Apr 2011 21:29 #4380

• Joan
John explains further to James Padgett to pray and pray for the Divine Love and the soul's longings will respond. He further writes that "only soul can call to soul:"

"You are blessed in that you have the knowledge of the existence of this Love, and that it may be yours if you so will it to be, and pray with the true longings of your soul's desires. You cannot doubt the truth of what I write, for, as in the ordinary things of life, there is nothing so convincing as personal experience, and your experience is such that there has been no room for doubt.

So, if you would keep the consciousness of the presence of this Love continually alive, pray and pray whenever the opportunity presents itself, and by this I don't mean that you shall wait for a time when you are not engaged in your business affairs, but at moments when the mind may be free, even if only for a moment, from these business affairs. The longings, if exercised only for a moment, will bring their results; for God's ear is always open and ready to cause the responses to such longings.

One moment of true soul felt longings is more effective than hours of prayer where these longings are not present. The prayers of the lip or of habit arises no higher than the escaping breath, and does not cause the Love to respond and flow into the soul. Remember this, and then realize how futile are all the prayers of preachers and ostensible worshipers when the soul's longings and desires are not present.

Only soul can call to soul, and love responds only when such soul calls. The mere desires of the mind, if I may so express my meaning, do not in the least affect the soul, and as mind can operate only on mind, there cannot possibly be any activity of the soul's faculties, when only mind is in operation. Hence, you will see, that all the worship that comes merely from the mind will not effectuate the working of the Love or bring into operation the Spirit's work."

Divine Love is ever waiting to fill the soul, and will, when the soul longings become real for its possession.

Re:Divine Love Comes Only in Response to the Soul's Longings 16 Apr 2011 14:35 #4382

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
John wrote:

In answer to prayer, there are other instrumentalities of the Father working to prepare the soul condition that is required, and these instrumentalities are the bright spirits of the Celestial Heavens whose duties, among others, are to answer the prayers of the penitent in the way of infilling the soul with influences that turn the thoughts and aspirations to this Divine Love and its operations."

I realized Joan, that we too may fill the shoes of these angelic workers one day and assist others in the formation of their soul's longings when we become Divine angels. I'm wondering here, only because we're limited by time and space, if a Celestial Angel who assists someone like myself with influences to help form these soul's longings, if its done from where they live or if they need to be in our physical presence to accomplish this? I'm wondering if they can accomplish this task without having to return here to the earth plane? Inquiring soul's want to know. :P

Love,
Dan

Re:Divine Love Comes Only in Response to the Soul's Longings 21 Apr 2011 21:38 #4396

• Joan
Dan wrote:

I realized Joan, that we too may fill the shoes of these angelic workers one day and assist others in the formation of their soul's longings when we become Divine angels. I'm wondering here, only because we're limited by time and space, if a Celestial Angel who assists someone like myself with influences to help form these soul's longings, if its done from where they live or if they need to be in our physical presence to accomplish this? I'm wondering if they can accomplish this task without having to return here to the earth plane? Inquiring soul's want to know.

Good question, Dan. I only remember reading one of Jesus' messages where he wrote that he doesn't have to come here, but he does. But I'm not sure about any of the other Celestial Spirits. Guess we'll find this out when we get there. :lol:

I do want to add a little bit more to this thread about the soul longings and receiving God's Divine Love and that is people should know that this is a distinct and different type of Love and it is not the same love that we feel for our families, friends, or anyone else. As Ann Rollins' wrote, it is a soul Love and not a love coming from our minds. We know we are receiving it by a warm sensation that comes to our soul and this is near our heart.

Initially, it may take a little while to receive it, but once it starts flowing and our soul is open, then eventually, what happens is that our soul's faculties, or perceptions, take over and it does the longing for us even when we're not consciously thinking about it. When we are at this stage of our soul development, there is very little effort involved by way of reciting prayers.

And lastly, for those who might be hesitant about receiving it, maybe thinking it will cause you to be some kind of a religious fanatic, well, that could be further from the truth. This is a very private thing between you and God and unless you tell someone that you're receiving God's Divine Love, they wouldn't even know it. So my advice is to go for it and you'll be happy that you did, believe me, there is nothing in the world that gives us such a wonderful feeling as this Love.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

• Page: