Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 27 Jan 2011 14:33 #3914

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Very well said, Dan.

Because my soul is open and active, I can feel it expand in my chest throughout the day as it longs for and receives God's Divine Love. And what's interesting about this... most of the time I'm not even thinking about God, but my soul sure is. :)

Love and blessings,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 27 Jan 2011 19:41 #3915

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
What can I say Dan, you explained it just as I understand it and have felt it.

I'd just like to add this, God's Divine Love is the solution to every in-harmony we may bare, it will release you from every problem you may have, it will open up your vistas to what is real, not what our mind thinks is real, but to the reality that is beyond the minds concepts of what is real.
And this because God's Divine Love develops the soul, then there begins the development of the mind of the soul, and this mind of the soul will begin to see things as they really are, something the mind as we know it could never achieve.

So the saying, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you." may mean nothing to someone not seeking God, but for those that have and have received God's love, it means everything.

I'd like to quote Jesus here, as it is something we should set our sights upon.

"So I say, that no man can become a part of God's Divinity until he receives this Divine Love and realises that he and his Father are one in Love and purity.

I will now tell you what this Divine Love means to everyone who has received it.
He is in a condition of perfect peace, and his happiness is beyond all comparison, and he is not willing that anything or power shall lead him to those things that are not in accord with the Divine Love and God's laws of harmony.
He is not only happy, but is away beyond the lower spirits in intellectual development and knowledge of the spiritual things of the Father. I know that no man is able to obtain the great soul perceptions until he has the soul development, and is fitted to live in the Celestial Spheres, where only love and harmony exist.

Love & Blessings to all, Ian

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 13 Feb 2011 21:05 #3995

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Continuing on with John's message, here he writes about the gradual transformation of the soul and also that there may be times of stagnation. This is something we must be aware of so that the times of stagnation are few and far between, when eventually, there will be no more.

"The soul in this condition is altogether a different entity from the soul in the condition in which it was created, and no longer is subject to the dominion of either the mind or of the animal appetites and desires and, hence, the spirit possessing such a soul is, in essence, a part of the Father, or as Jesus said, is in the Father and the Father in it.

Now, do not understand that such a soul is the soul that man originally possessed with increased development of purity and goodness or freedom from sin, because such is not the case. Such soul by such transformation becomes a new thing, and never again can it relapse into the soul of man's origin. Because of the qualities that it then possesses, it becomes immortal, and such immortal nature can never be taken from it.

It is now a thing of love and purity, and consciousness of its true condition is always with the spirit that has such soul. This transformation is gradual, and men must not think that by the mere act of conversion from their state of death they at once become possessed of the nature of the Divine, for such is not the fact.

The transformation is gradual and comes according to the susceptibility of the the souls to receive this Love of which I speak. But when once the inflowing of the Love commences, it continues eternally.

Although there may be times of stagnation and apparent loss of this Divine Essence, yet always is the transformation taking place, and at certain stages in its progress, the possession of this Divine Love will be so great that the original soul, or its original qualities will entirely disappear and leave only the new qualities which the Divine Love has implanted in it. The leaven when once deposited never ceases to work until the whole shall become leavened."

The Condition of the Soul when and after the Divine Love flows into it.

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 14 Feb 2011 03:26 #3996

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Regarding the gradual transformation of the soul; Dave and I were talking recently and he said that in the beginning of his walk on the Divine Love Path about 35 years ago, that he was real happy at first and then he went through the dark night of the soul. I can also attest to this same experience as it took awhile for the Divine Love to go into a cleansing mode. When someone learns how to get God's Love and experience it for themselves they're on a high until the expiation kicks in and one comes face to face with their disharmony. Then the real work begins. I'm amused by the belief that Christians believe in a one time salvation experience called, "getting saved". For me, it will take many thousands of genuine and sincere prayers for God's Love to erase my past and make me a new creature (Divine Love Angel). Every time I pray for God's Love I'm getting saved again and again. Eventually, I'll get squeaky clean. :P

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 21 Feb 2011 14:00 #4038

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The Persistence of the Divine Love

One of the things that I’ve noticed as the result of praying for God’s Divine Love is the persistence of this Love once it enters our soul. Persistence as defined is; the continuance of an effect after the cause of it has stopped. Appropriately, the cause of the inflowing of God’s Love into our hearts is our desire or willing it to come to us as it were. Since an individual, at the beginning of their soul progression, is not in a constant state of prayer and longing the cause starts and stops and yet the effects continue. One of the effects that persists for me is the consistent knocking of God’s Love at the door to my heart. It feels like it is relentless in its desire to be with me and feels like a new lover who is totally consumed in our love.

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 23 Feb 2011 22:47 #4059

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
It's like learning to drive, in the beginning you are concentrating on not making mistakes as there are a lot of things you must do and mustn't do, but after a while the car becomes an extension of you, so to speak. It gets easier and eventually you can drive with one hand on the wheel, the other out the window whistling a tune, something you couldn't do in the beginning.

So for me it was difficult praying in the beginning, I would find a quiet place do the prayer ritual and pray, and looking back now I think I may have prayed too hard, which may have been due to doubt or just not knowing how to pray, and it was these times that I did not feel the love come in. But I kept on and learnt from my mistakes and found that this love was just as eager to come into my soul as I was to let it enter.
So now praying is a matter of opening up and remembering to do it often, I think eventually I will be in a constant state of prayer as I see that this is what I am moving towards, moving towards God.
There's more to come though, there always is, and this makes me happy.
Love, Ian