On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 27 Feb 2011 21:38 #4087

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ian wrote:

eventually I will be in a constant state of prayer as I see that this is what I am moving towards, moving towards God.

I like what you wrote Ian as we share a common goal here. This reminds me of what I was writing about recently on a paddle trip on the Mt. Fork River in Southeast Oklahoma. This was a wilderness adventure of camping, paddling, photography and spiritual reflection. I did some writing on the banks of the river as I had a question; what Jesus meant, when he said, “seek ye first the kingdom of God and all else will be added unto you”?

As I wrote about this it appeared that I wrote more about what qualifies one to receive this blessing than what the blessing meant in tangible terms. Here’s a selection.

January 20, 2011

All of us, despite our belief or non-belief in God benefit from His love for us as His children. He gives us all, the breath of life and provides for all our needs. His success in providing for us is determined by the harmony/disharmony of our thoughts, beliefs and actions. Those who entertain a victim mentality in life do not take responsibility for their thoughts, beliefs and actions and blame others and bad luck for their lot in life. We can therefore limit or broaden God’s blessings and providence for us through living in harmony with ourselves,God and others.

A sweet brother in the Divine Love shared with me something that factors into our blessings from God; as the gratitude goes up, the blessings come down. Thankfulness is key to one’s blessings and is fundamental to our material and spiritual condition and welfare. Thankfulness and gratitude though is not what Jesus is referring to here in his promise, if we seek first the kingdom. To me, The Kingdom that Jesus refers to is the Kingdom of God’s Love. This is God’s Divine Love; a fountain of endless love that we can grow towards in our soul’s seeking and possession through prayer for it’s inflowing. Those who seek this Love with all their heart and receive it, progress closer and closer to this fountainhead of Love and eventually become Celestial Angels and inhabitants of the Celestial Heavens, the Kingdom of God. So, now that we’ve established what the Kingdom is and how to seek it, what can we expect to receive as the result?

Jesus said that if we do this one thing, that all else will be added us. In other words we have been given the key to unlocking the kingdom and if we stay true to seeking first God’s Love that everything will be added to us by God. What does adding to us mean?

What has been added to my life is a faith that is more than belief, that God really loves me and wants to take care of me. Worry and the stress of worry are diminishing as my faith increases according to my prayers for God’s Love. This is helping me to find more inner peace and a stress free life. Many of my relationships, especially with my family are coming closer in loving one another. I feel like I’m getting another chance with my children to love and be loved by them. My father and I have reconciled beyond the grave and today share a wonderful love with one another. God provided me with a wonderful partner and friend in life to share and grow together in our love for one another and with God. My thankfulness and gratitude have really gone up this past year and consequently the blessing have come down, both materially and spiritually.

I believe in this one singular movement of our will to seeking first God’s Love as the greatest and highest thing we can do for ourselves and for God. God’s Love is the great qualifier here, not our own efforts as we come into harmony with God’s highest Law, the Love of Divine Love. As we come into harmony with this law we are enabled by God’s Love and laws of harmony that harmonize our life. God’s Love is the Great Harmony of our soul.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 28 Feb 2011 21:32 #4089

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Thank you Ian and Dan for your inspiring posts.

Sometimes God's Divine Love will flow into my soul in a steady stream of warmth and other times it comes with such intensity that it almost takes my breath away. This is what happened to me starting about an hour ago. I've been working on a project and not even praying when all of a sudden... whoosh here it comes. When this happens, I always close my eyes for a second and thank my Father for such an awesome blessing.

In one of the messages, there is a description of a snowball as to how Divine Love first enters our soul very small and over time as we receive more, it gets bigger and bigger. I can't wait until my soul contains as much as a snowman! :lol:

Speaking of blessings, I have a pretty big wooden sign on my fireplace mantle that really is the only evidence in my house that's religious. The other night a few guests were over and before they left, the father of a six year old boy who had recently learned reading, asked him to pronounce the sign. He covered up half of it and the boy spelled out and said "Bless" and then he added the rest of it "Blessings." It was very heartwarming to me that they acknowledged it as this family is a blessing to me as are all my family and dear friends.

Love and even more blessings,
Joan

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 01 Mar 2011 19:53 #4096

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I'll say one thing, it puts a smile on your face when your soul is all a glow with a love that comes from God, and as they say, it does passeth all understanding, there are no words for it, absolute soul bliss maybe, and there is so much more where that came from and this I am assured of.
This Divine Love surrounds us and seeks to enter but does not unless that person allows it in, and when prayed for it comes in an instant.

Pray everyone, it's simple, in fact it is probably the easiest thing anyone could ever do, God made it easy, not hard.
Love to all, Ian

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 23 Apr 2011 18:28 #4405

• Joan
Dan wrote:

One of the things that I’ve noticed as the result of praying for God’s Divine Love is the persistence of this Love once it enters our soul. Persistence as defined is; the continuance of an effect after the cause of it has stopped. Appropriately, the cause of the inflowing of God’s Love into our hearts is our desire or willing it to come to us as it were. Since an individual, at the beginning of their soul progression, is not in a constant state of prayer and longing the cause starts and stops and yet the effects continue. One of the effects that persists for me is the consistent knocking of God’s Love at the door to my heart. It feels like it is relentless in its desire to be with me and feels like a new lover who is totally consumed in our love.

This message from Professor Joseph Salyards, who was one of James Padgett's teachers in his earlier years, helps to explain this phenomenon as it deals with one of God's many laws. He explains how it is that once a soul or mind becomes awakened to the light, its progression multiplies. In a previous post, I mentioned the "snowball" effect, which is in this same message, so the whole excerpt is included here:

"Another law of the spirit world is, that when a spirit once commences to progress, that progress increases in geometrical progression, as we used to say when teaching on earth.

Just as soon as the light breaks into a man's soul or mind, and he commences to see that there is a way for him to reach higher things, and make greater expansion of either his mind or soul, he will find that his desire to progress will increase as that progression continues, and with that desire will come help in such abundance that it will be limited only by the desire of the spirit. His will, then becomes a great force in his success in progressing and working in conjunction with the help that calls it into operation. It becomes a wonderful thing of power and irresistible force.

This progression may be illustrated by the history of the snowball, which started rolling from the top of a hill. As it continues its descent; not only does its velocity increase, but it continually enlarges its form and body by the outside snow attaching itself to the ball. So with the mind or soul of a spirit: as it ascends, it not only becomes more rapid in its flight, but it meets this outside help that I speak of, which help to attach itself to the spirit, and, as it were, becomes a part of it.

So you see that the great problem is to make the start; and this principle will apply to mortals as well as to spirits, because, if the start be made on earth, the mere fact of becoming a spirit will not halt or in any way interfere with the progress of the soul of that spirit. Of course, this means that a correct start be made. If the start be a false one or based on things other than the truth, instead of progress continuing when the man becomes a spirit, there may have to be a retracing of the way, and a new start made, in order to get on the right road."

Laws of the Spirit World

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 25 Apr 2011 04:06 #4412

• Joan
Joan wrote:

Another law of the spirit world is, that when a spirit once commences to progress, that progress increases in geometrical progression, as we used to say when teaching on earth.

Just as soon as the light breaks into a man's soul or mind, and he commences to see that there is a way for him to reach higher things, and make greater expansion of either his mind or soul, he will find that his desire to progress will increase as that progression continues, and with that desire will come help in such abundance that it will be limited only by the desire of the spirit. His will, then becomes a great force in his success in progressing and working in conjunction with the help that calls it into operation. It becomes a wonderful thing of power and irresistible force.

I can really relate to what Professor Salyards wrote here, because of my own experience in receiving God's Divine Love and what I can feel is happening with my soul now, as opposed to the way it was three years ago. Many times it feels as if the Love is expanding in my soul. And I used to think that this is how the Love must work as it flows into our souls, but I've learned, instead, that this expansion is actually the light of God's Love that is radiating outward from my soul. So it appears to me that my soul's progress is increasing in geometrical progression in such a very short span of time.

But I must tell you that it is because of the extra effort that I have been doing since last summer by having prayer sessions with our Heavenly Father as many times a week as I am able and I do this because of my desire to become a Divine Angel on earth and our Father knows this, of course, and He is helping in this effort by blessing me with even more of His awesome Love.

With Love and Blessings,
Joan