Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 09 Feb 2014 14:38 #6328

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ian wrote:

Hi Dan, I got a puppy for my thirteenth birthday, we grew up together and went everywhere together, he was my companion and we were close, when things were difficult at home, he was there, when I wanted to just get away from it all, he came too, when I was sad, he made me happy, once he saved my life, I'll never forget him.

I know what you mean Ian as Debra and I have bonded similarly with one of our dogs; Toby. He's a 3 year old six pound male Morkie which is a Maltese/Yorkie mix. He's our inside lap dog whom is a wonderful companion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 09 Feb 2014 18:39 #6329

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Dan wrote:
You can tell allot about a person by helping them wash dishes together. I remember that day I had met you for the first time at Holly's when we all met for prayer. I really enjoyed those few moments we had together.[/quote]

It was so wonderful meeting you, Dan, and feeling your Divine Love. And, of course, your wife Debra is such a lovely person. This is something that people who are new to receiving Divine Love may not be aware of yet, but once we receive a certain degree of Divine Love, we can feel it coming from another person.

I posted this message from Jesus on my blog today. It's the one about the description of the soul and what it is. In it, Jesus writes about our "spirit," which is the active energy of our soul once it's awakened and receiving Divine Love. I'm wondering if it's this spirit which causes the phenomena, which I refer to above... being able to feel each other's Divine Love.

The Soul of Man The Soul: What It Is and What It is Not

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 09 Feb 2014 18:58 #6330

• Joan
Ian wrote:

Hi Dan, I got a puppy for my thirteenth birthday, we grew up together and went everywhere together, he was my companion and we were close, when things were difficult at home, he was there, when I wanted to just get away from it all, he came too, when I was sad, he made me happy, once he saved my life, I'll never forget him.

Hi Joan, I remember you telling me about your trip in Ireland, I thought you were brave going it alone and driving on the left hand side of the road in a foreign country.
In this country we drive on the right side and when I and my family went on holiday in England I found that sometimes driving on the left side didn't go all that well, especially driving around those massive roundabouts with traffic lights where you have to get in the correct lane to drive off to where your going, once we drove around one of these about six times trying to get in the right lane, we had a good laugh about it though.

Hey Dan and Ian,

I love your doggie stories. I read them yesterday and here come the tears. I was so close to mine after he passed away, I was devastated. One thing my doggie taught me was unconditional love. Pets are so precious and we thank God for creating them.

Oh Ian, I'll always remember those roundabouts! Talk about making your head spin... which way is which. Being someone whose a pretty good driver and very map-oriented, when I got honked at, which was several times, I hoped they'd think I was a tourist. :cheer:

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 10 Feb 2014 14:30 #6332

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think you're right Joan, we feel other peoples spirit which may be in part, their love nature....if active. Seems like the difference between an active and dormant soul is in an active/inactive love nature.

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 12 Feb 2014 03:08 #6334

• Joan
After I posted the above about the "active energy/spirit" of our souls with Divine Love, I read this message by Jesus, who explains that God's spirit is everywhere and it's something we all possess... even those who haven't received His Divine Love. But then again, think how cool it is for us who do receive it! We really are blessed beyond belief. :cheer:

"All things, mediately or immediately, have their existence and operation and growth in the spirit of God, and only in that spirit. And this spirit is evidenced in many and varied ways in men's experience. Hence, men say that they live and move and have their being in God, meaning only that they live and move and have their being in God's spirit.

This spirit is the source of life and light and health and numerous other blessings that men possess and enjoy - the sinner as well as the saint, the poor man as well as the rich, the ignorant as well as the enlightened and educated - and each and all are dependent on this spirit for their being and comfort.

This is the spirit that all men possess to a greater or lesser degree. And the brilliant preacher or teacher or orator, possessing this spirit to a greater degree than his less favored brother, depends upon the same spirit. It is universal in its existence and workings, is omnipresent, and may be acquired by all men in this sense: to the degree that their mental receptivity permits.

And this further demonstrates the fact that God, through and by this spirit, is with men always - in the lowest hells as well as in the highest Heavens of the perfect man. It is working continuously, ceaselessly, and always at the call of men, be that call mental or spiritual. It is the thing that controls the universe, of which man's earth is an infinitesimal part. This is the Spirit of God."

The Holy Spirit. Many Who Think That They Have Received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit Have Only Advanced in the Purification of Their Natural Love

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 13 Feb 2014 14:12 #6335

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If I'm reading Jesus' message correctly Joan, our spirit is also God's spirit as it animates us and gives evidence of life. When a person dies and is accompanied by friends or family, this spirit can be felt leaving the human body. Similarly, this spirit departure can be felt with an animal when it dies too.