Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 02 Apr 2014 14:42 #6428

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Fruit of the Spirit, the lovely consequence of praying for God's Divine Love. I had posted previously that one of the benefits I have received from my seeking of God's Love is less anger. I've never thought of myself as an angry person and most have seen me as very mellow. For the most part this was true but sometimes I could get very angry. This hasn't happened now for a very long time. So, anger management is one of it's benefits for me.

Another benefit, is improved mental health. When I go back and check out old journal entries I read of despondency, disappointment and self loathing. Similarly, I seldom see such journal entries any more. My Heavenly Father's Divine Love is making me into a loving and stronger person.

What benefits have you received?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 04 Apr 2014 17:19 #6429

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Way to go, Dan! :)

One thing I've noticed about myself lately is a Divine Loving reaction I feel towards a few people who I come in contact with daily. I don't work with them, but I see them in and around the building and they're so friendly and loving it speaks to my soul.

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 07 Apr 2014 05:47 #6432

• David
  • Thank you received: 1
I have enjoyed reading this discussion on feeling the Divine Love in other souls. This is an interesting topic, I think that God’s Love is alive with in us, unlike pure human love and maybe this is what makes it possible to feel the Love in our sisters and brothers who have also been blessed to receive it. Maybe this is how a net of Divine Love that connects us all is created that is the same for everyone but uniquely expressed by each of us. I too have noticed that I am more and more conscious about my feelings, especially feelings of empathy towards strangers in difficult or desperate situations.

with love,
David

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 26 Apr 2014 04:35 #6446

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
David have you observed that life's lessons that we encounter are on fast forward? What used to be an issue that might linger is now nipped in the bud rather quickly. I've personally witnessed this in my own Divine transformation.

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 02 May 2014 10:08 #6451

• David
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Dan,

I'm real sorry its taken me so long to respond. I havent had an opportunity to visit this site for a while. My access to a computer with reliable internet connection is infrequent and when I do have it its usually for a short period of time. God has given me the resources to buy a computer and pay for the internet but I'm to cheap to spend it. :blink:
I agree with what you said and have observed the same thing. Especially when I pray about an issue that has been bothering me it seems to get resolved quickly without to much effort on my part. Every time this happens my faith grows stronger as well as my love for God. Most often Ive noticed this at work. I cant count how many times I was protected from harm or was shown a mistake I was making before it became a big problem. Even the mistakes I did make seemed to be smoothed over easily. Thanks for bringing this up, I think this is something that dosent get talked about enough and if our brothers and sisters who haven't yet experienced DL knew or were made aware of how DL will make their lives easier and more peaceful they may be more likely to listen to the messages.

with love,
David

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 09 May 2014 13:26 #6458

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
David, I resonated when you spoke to the Father's Love as not only smoothing over volatile issues but also keeping you from harms way. I feel similarly and when I look back on my life I can see evidence of that too. Sometimes I run a worse case scenario and look at would could have happened and I see the hand of God literally plucking me out of harms way. This is one of the most profound evidence of God's involvement in my life and reminds me God is behind the scenes helping me all the time. Looking for this in one's life can be a huge faith building experience in God's presence in our lives. Thanks be to God for His Love endures forever.