Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Getting Closer to God 21 Jan 2011 14:41 #3852

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Many people feel guilty for what they have done (their sins), yet don't understand the concept of forgiveness and may see punishment as inevitable. It's natural for us to believe that we are punished when we disobey God's Laws. However, many are resigned to their punishment and therefore do not attempt to find reconciliation and just bear it out because they do not know the way of God's forgiveness.

Some may approach forgiveness in a more dogmatic way, believing that Jesus saves them from their sins. This is based on the Christian doctrine of the Vicarious Atonement however Jesus teaches us that this is not the way of true forgiveness of sin. This represents the consensus of Christian belief and is based on false doctrine. Because it is false it is therefore powerless in saving us from our sins.

I believe in the power of Gods Love to wash away our sins, not through the blood of Jesus. Prayer to God for forgiveness is the true teaching of Jesus as he taught on earth. Forgiveness of sin is not an arbitrary act of God however is a cleansing process of the soul, called expiation. As we pray to God for forgiveness with all our heart, God sends His Love to us which begins to erase the memory of our sins. Perhaps one could see this as a memory scrub. It's our perfect memory that survives death that makes us accountable for our sins. There is no judgment by God of our life after we die. However our memory simply remembers all that we have done as we experience a self-judgment. As we pray for God's Divine Love, He implants His Love into our hearts which begins to scrub our memory of our sins.

So, going back to your original thought Ian, that God loves all His children no matter what they have done, speaks to me that He offers "all" of us a way to redeem ourselves from the ravages of sin and that we do not need to bear them out and suffer forever. No matter what we have done, we are still a child of God who loves us, as we are all worthy of forgiveness. We must also forgive ourselves. If we do not feel worthy of forgiveness, we may be like the first group whose conscience is convicted, yet don't seek reconciliation and therefore bear out their suffering.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Getting Closer to God 22 Jan 2011 16:16 #3860

• brotherdavek
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes Dan. Having been raised with the dogmas and doctrines of the catholic church i was, or should i say, considered myself a great sinner. i carried self judgement, condemnation, guilt and shame around with me for years. i'm sure that i had received some little Divine Love before finding the Messages from Jesus and Celestials (True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus) in the 70's, but after praying with others in a circle and feeling the enormous power of the Divine Love manifest there, and then reading the messages (after sincere prayer, as i was taught) with the influences of the Divine Angels guiding my way and understanding, i began to feel the relief from many negative things.

The messages disclose that there is a "Judgement", both here and hereafter. The angels say that their exp
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:Getting Closer to God 22 Jan 2011 16:34 #3861

• brotherdavek
lost the post, but to continue. (read the post below first)

The angels, in sharing their experience in the Messages from Jesus and Celestials, say that the judgement that we experience is not the personal Judgement from God that we are taught, but the workings of the conscience, the memories of unloving acts towards ourselves and others. All this because of the workings of God's Design, and his Laws of Love and Harmony.

The Angels say and have said that their experience is that God always Loves all His Children and All are His Children. He rejoices when they turn from their unloving thoughts, beliefs and attitudes to Him and His Love and Help. Then we put ourselves in condtion to be influenced by His Instrumentalities, the Divine Angels, towards those things that will help us progress.

One of the things that was most helpful and hopeful for me was reading the messages through James about how Forgiveness works, how as the result of turning back to God and sincerely desiring, longing, for His Divine Love, that that Divine Love would come to me and fill me. In filling me would leave no room in my soul for anything to be judged. Only love would exist within me. My condition would be changed. There would be no condition of soul upon which the Law of Compensation or Recompense would have anything to work upon. The Divine Love itself would place the soul in a condition where the memories of past sins, the violations of God's Laws of Love and Harmony, would be removed by this Great Love.

i applied these suggested practices in my life. i quit judging myself. The guilt, shame, remorse began to pass from me. i began to experience the "Peace that passeth all understanding"
i could go on and on, but perhaps i will save my gratitude for another time.
with much love and uncondtional acceptance of all as God's Children, His Beautiful and Perfect Creations, i bid you good day and happiness
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:Getting Closer to God 22 Jan 2011 16:50 #3864

• brotherdavek
Yes Joan, i also experienced the removal of the "fear of death" in my journey with the Divine Love. So wonderful, isn't it?

Re:Getting Closer to God 23 Jan 2011 04:43 #3870

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Three Simple Words from our Father

Last night when I had my prayer session, my Father surprised me again. I had posted earlier that I chat with Him daily, and this I do as if I'm speaking to Him on the telephone with my thoughts. For months, I sensed that He was near my left ear, then recently He moved to the area of my left temple, and now He's at the very top of my head.

When I finally connected with Him, I heard Him say, "Come up to me."

So teasingly, I replied, "How do I get up there? Do I jump?"

"No," He said, "you have to earn your way here. You can't jump over the fence. Remember what Jesus talked about."

Then He gave me three words: learn, yearn and earn.

First, we learn about His Divine Love, then by prayer and faith our souls yearn for it, and then we earn it, as it flows into our souls.

This is a very simple concept from our Father for all His children, so they will be aware that it's so easy to love and be loved by Him. And the ultimate blessing, of course, is to be at-one with Him, if it is our desire to do so... which it is mine.

Re:Getting Closer to God 23 Jan 2011 19:33 #3871

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan wrote:

Then He gave me three words: learn, yearn and earn.

Joan,

I really enjoyed our chat this morning as I always learn so much from you like these 3 words. I can hear your thoughts now; "heck that wasn't me but from my Father". To which I would reply, good channeling of this Spiritual knowledge. It is words and thoughts like these they lead us closer to our Heavenly Father. I love it when we place him above ourselves.

The word learn to me means several things.
1. I am always learning and will always be learning more
2. To learn to listen more to the still small voices within that are often my spirit guides who assist me in my progression and in the progression of others
3. To learn more of my Father's Love and all it's wonders
4. To study and learn more of the greater truths as received through James Padgett
5. To learn more on how to overcome self and focus only on prayer for God's Divine Love.

I'll do a sequel to this post and cover yearn and earn.

Thanks for sharing this with us Joan.

Your loving brother in Christ,
Dan