Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Why Do I Post Here 06 Aug 2016 21:40 #7673

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
Well I think the first step is to exchange the word "kids" to something else that has nothing to do with animals.
I had to say that Joan, I know it's just a word, but.

Think from their point of view, they are children in an adult world and should receive just as much equality and respect as we would have liked when we were children, which also means that we listen to what they have to say ,take them seriously and converse with them, ask them what they think about things.
They know they are small children in an adult world, you understand that very earlier on when you see that all the chairs are massive and you can't get on one.

Almost all of the smaller children I have spoken to are wise and they really do amaze me, they know war is wrong, they can't understand why people do bad things to each other and even have the answer, just be nice to each other, in fact most adults have a lot to learn from small children and if the adult speaks with them as equals the children might remind the adults about some things they have forgotten.

When Children are treated as a lesser they will probably act that way but we know that they are souls just like us in younger bodies and yes there is much for them to learn because they are still developing, learning speech and learning to use their growing bodies and brains.
So I believe, if the start is a correct one everything else will fall into place, they are children of God just like the adults and with that in mind there is no difference, the only difference is they are developing so communication needs to be at their level so they comprehend what we are saying.

First an idea of what you want to convey and a vision of the result, then all that's left is that bit in the middle and that will fall into place as you proceed. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Why Do I Post Here 07 Aug 2016 17:04 #7675

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Your perspective on children Ian is refreshing and Noble as it embodies one if the principal's of love; respect. As a young student of early childhood education I saw this philosophy on children taught through the Montessori schools. Marie Montessori viewed the teacher as more a facilitator in children's maturation as the environment was the great teacher. Children, not kids were revered by her as worthy of respect.

My 11 year old grandson just flew back to Utah yesterday after a 2 week stay here at Grandma and Grandpa's house. What a cool experience that was as we cooked together, took scooter rides, walks with the dogs up our country road, feeding the chickens, hand feeding our peacock etc. I love that I got to share about praying for God's Love to come into his soul and prayed with him. He taught me so much..,.,even in my mistakes and shortcomings. What a fine summer it has been.

Why Do I Post Here 07 Aug 2016 18:32 #7676

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Thanks Ian and Dan for your thoughtful posts.

I agree, Ian, that word won't be used on the Divine Love children's website. The theme of the website will be to highlight the importance of knowing who and what is God and the importance of receiving His Divine Love. It will be informative, inspiring and fun.

When I get the opportunity, I'll ask the youngest adults I know (6 and 3 years old) for their opinion, since they're both computer savvy. :laugh:

Why Do I Post Here 07 Aug 2016 20:47 #7678

• Ian
Well you know Joan that I will help in any way I can to get that website out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

Why Do I Post Here 07 Aug 2016 20:50 #7679

• Ian
That must have been a great experience for you and your grandson, I'm sure he'll remember it with affection for the rest of his life. :)

Why Do I Post Here 07 Aug 2016 20:57 #7681

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50

Well you know Joan that I will help in any way I can to get that website out there.

Thank you, Ian. That's so nice of you. I already have the domain name, so just need a template to get it started. I'll keep you posted. :)