Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Joan 23 Dec 2008 05:26 #323

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi everyone,
Well, where do I begin.

I was born in Los Angeles, but was raised in Idaho; first in a small country community and then in a nearby city. Looking back at my childhood, it was not what I would call a very happy one. I was extremely sad and I felt such a loss for a really long time after I learned from my Mom, when I was either in the first or second grade, that the dad who I thought was my dad, was really my stepdad. She told me she had divorced my real dad, regretfully, someone I never had the opportunity to meet but always daydreamed and wished that someday I would.

I know I was loved by my Mom, who suffered from some sort of mental illness, but I never really felt it. I don’t remember if she ever hugged or kissed me. Sometimes I had these surreal feelings that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I couldn’t wait to get away from there. I was very shy and didn’t have many friends and kept to myself. My spare time was always spent reading something or other as I was a total bookworm and I considered myself to be an independent loner from the time I was 10 years old.

I wasn't brought up on an particular religion. I experienced them all, except Catholic, and I considered myself to be a Protestant. I went to summer Bible School, learned the names of the books forward and backward, accepted Jesus as my savior in front of my cousin and her friend... but I never really believed it… I just went along with the crowd who thought Jesus was God. When I attended churches that preached gloom and doom and the end of the world was coming, I thought if this is what I have to look forward to, then forget it, I’m never attending church again. When I’m out on my own, I'm going to have fun in my life and then when I'm on my death bed, I'll get back to God. So it was, basically, see you later.

I came back to my real home after I graduated high school and never left. So did I have all the fun I was hoping to do? Well, yes and no. Some things weren’t so much fun and when I found myself at the edge of a cliff, to my surprise there was someone there holding onto me… my Heavenly Father.

It turned out I wanted to know Him so much sooner than I had anticipated. However, it took a few more years of self-pity and mental anguish before I started reading the Padgett messages. And, of course, I was hooked on them right away. But I must confess when I received the first jolt of Divine Love into my soul, I was scared to death. I had no idea what was going on and it was a little frightening. Then when I realized what was happening, I relaxed and let it flow into my soul and, over the course of time, I received more and more of it and for a longer duration of time.

Shortly after learning of the good news of God’s Divine Love and praying for and receiving it, I was very excited and wanted to participate in spreading this good news in whatever way I could. I became involved with the Church of the New Birth and took their minister’s study course and received an ordination certificate. Thereafter, I have made several attempts at reaching out to other people, only to be disappointed when they didn’t share my same enthusiasm. And after a while, I just tended to keep quiet about it and went about my life.

Depending on what was going on in my life, my soul was either open once in a while and I was receiving God’s Divine Love, or it was closed completely and I wasn’t praying at all. However, I believe the longest span of time that I have received a continual inflowing of God’s Divine Love was for six years and that was over 15 years ago. This is when I made a commitment to God that I would follow Him and I would do everything I could to tell people about His Divine Love.

Once I received the Pentecostal Showers where I was awake the whole night just experiencing wave after wave after wave of God’s wonderful love into my soul – at least a good eight hour’s worth. I’ll never forget that day, because I had to go to work and I didn’t have a wink of sleep, yet, I was able to function as if I had… and it’s the only day where I have ever felt total and complete bliss. I was the happiest I had ever felt in my life and I loved everyone I came in contact with – even those who I hadn’t been very happy with the day before.

And it was also during this span of time when I began my soul transformation where I experienced some extremely painful expiations. Then more of life’s curve balls were tossed my way and, once again, I wasn’t praying and my soul was virtually closed and I was basically miserable. One day I decided to ask God to bring me my joy back and, lo and behold, He did. I wish I could say I’m finished with expiations, as they’re certainly no fun… unfortunately I’m not there yet… but it’s my goal.

Several months ago, I once again re-committed myself to my Father and to the Cause and I’m happy to say that after all these years of ups and downs, I now have a personal relationship with Him and my soul is always open and I’m continually receiving His love. This time around, I am allowing Him to lead me in my journey and He is blessing me beyond anything I could ever have imagined. And I was recently blessed to have a visit from Jesus where he showered me with his wonderful love, which was very humbling, indeed.

Knowing that one day I will be a Divine Angel gives me so much joy and happiness, and I’m so grateful that I am one of the fortunate ones who has accepted Jesus’ wonderful teachings through James Padgett’s exceptional mediumship.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Judy 27 Dec 2008 08:58 #479

• Judy
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,
I am new at this forum business so I hope I get this one right. It may be long because my story is long but possibly you might find some insight as you reach the end of the story.

When I was a child three years old I had a dream of a huge fish with a big eyeball looking at me. The dream was in color. Many years later I realized that this dream was a symbol of Christ being that of a fish and the big eyeball represented Jesus.

When I was four or five years old I began feeling someone on the porch outside my bedroom window and I cried and told my mother "Mommy Mommy someone is outside trying to come get me." She told me that it was just my imagination that there was no one outside my window" But I was terrified and for several years I had to sleep with the light on in my room because I was so frightened.

As Joan mentioned we both attended several different Protestant churches during our growing up years. I do remember that a little girl name Linda asked my mother if I could go to Sunday School with her and my mother said it would be okay so I attended the Assembly of God church and got my feelings hurt because the children said I was a Holy Roller.

Later to make my Grandmother happy occasionally I would attend the Seventh Day Adventist Church with her but I hated it because the Preacher said that someday Jesus would come to earth on the white cloud and if we weren't baptized we would have the mark of the beast on our foreheads and would be left here to burn in hell.

Of course this was extremely frightening for me and indeed this is the atmosphere in which my mother grew up in.

Some time later when my Grandmother did not know it my mother did get baptized even though she did not really attend the church. I believe she did it more out of fear than anything.

Eventually I decided I wanted to know about God and I became Baptized in the Catholic church. My soul was very much affected by the stations of the cross and I felt much sorrow and sadness that Jesus had to suffer the way he did.

When I needed to pray I would go to the Sacred Heart statue and several times while praying some amazing things would happen.

One time while I sat there looking at his face and praying suddenly the bruise on his forehead began to throb and tears appeared in his eyes. I was dumbfounded. Another time while I was praying suddenly a lady opened the door and began to walk down the aisle. As she did this the eyes on the statue of Jesus turned and looked at her then his eyes followed her as she passed by and approached the alter.

Okay now something very strange is going on here what does this mean?

During this time there were other strange phenomenon happening. At night when I went to bed I could hear my Grandmother calling my name.

Gradually I became disenchanted with what the priests were telling me and thinking I am not so sure I believed it.

So one day I said a prayer "Where can I find the truth about my Father?" Suddenly I was enveloped with a great heat and I heard a man's voice and he told me "Follow your heart and your heart shall lead the way."

Of course I was flabbergasted.

It was about this time that Joan gave me the little flyer, that had a list of many books pertaining to spiritual communications, since I had told her that I had heard Grandma calling my name.

On the list of all these books was one titled Divine Fire. I ordered this book and found in this book about three pages pertaining to the Padgett messages and where you could purchase them.

I never had any doubt and I ordered the book and cried my eyes out when I read the messages feeling that at long last I had found the truth of my Father.

The astonishing thing was that while attending the Catholic Church the priest asked me what I conceived God to be and I told him that I felt that God did not have a body like we do nor could we see God but that God was so full of love that all you can see when you look at him is a bright shining light.

After reading Jesus message on who and what God is I was amazed that here at last I had found a source that gave confirmation to what I had always believed but had no way of proving for even though I had attended various Christian churches I did not believe that Jesus was God. I always thought that God was my father and Jesus was my friend and brother.

I do not remember if it made an impression on Joan but even though I had found the messages and believed them I continued to go to the Sacred Heart Statue and pray and one day I took Joan and we sat there in front of the statue. Suddenly I asked her "Did you see something?" She replied "Yes his eye winked."

Indeed we both saw Jesus wink at us at the same time.
So you see the amazing things that the Angels do to open our eyes.

I have had countless spiritual experiences since finding the messages and so far I have not met anyone who can share similar ones. I will say though that it isn't just the mind being awakened but that our souls have to become awakened also.

I had a spiritual awakening of my soul through the many out of body experiences that I have had. At first it was like a big reunion with my family in spirit. One time I was conscious of being out of my body with them and I counted five of them with me. We were in the sky and I looked down and saw the freeway and all the cars driving along.

Many many of these unbelievable happy experiences then the bubble burst and the time came that I had to face my maker and stand before God in all my weakness. It took me a long time to realize what was happening to me. I was living the experience that people have once they pass over.

According to the messages when we pass over we are greeted by our family and friends and have a happy reunion then we are taken to the abode that is befitting our souls condition.

I learned this in the messages but had no inkling that it was going to happen to me while I was still a mortal but it did and when my soul was taken to that place of my spiritual condition I thought I had died and gone to hell.

I was conscious and thinking to myself well I guess I am dead now and my family has found my body and probably having my funeral.

I woke up three days later in the hospital and the doctor told me that the police had found me sitting on the curb of the sidewalk crying. I have never had any remembrance of this having happen to me. All I know is that I was in another state of consciousness.

From that moment on it was a slow steady climb for my soul to come out of the dark and into the light and I can truly testify to the Father's mercy and desire that we be happy for while I was there going through the pain I heard my soul cry out to God and felt the rush of His Love flooding my soul countless times so I could rise out of my darkness and suffering.

I now know that some of the pain and fear on my soul originated when I was that little child being imposed on with false beliefs and I have seen what that horrible message can do to the soul of a child to hinder its spiritual development and I also realized what it must have done to my mother and indeed she has written that she had to go through some darkness after she passed and all her life on earth she was terrified to die.

I have come to believe that there are many people who have not truly had a soulful awakening even though mentally they may pray for Divine Love.

I am now happy to report that I have been told that my soul is no longer in darkness and indeed I have been feeling the jubilation that I felt the first time I found the messages and since it has been over thirty years that I have been praying to the Father for his love it causes me to wonder what might be the spiritual conditions of many little children living here on earth.

I would not wish what I experienced on my worst enemy and believe me I have never been a mean or cruel person. I believe that most of my life I have been a fairly decent person and I was not prepared for what eventually I was faced with and this makes me wonder also if any of those people who have come into the knowledge of these teachings have had the same kind of spiritual awakening.

It is not enough to have an awakening of the mind but as I previously stated you must also have an awakening of your soul and it's spiritual condition and from my experience it takes a long time of vigilance and prayer to reach that place where one can truly say that their souls are no longer in darkness.

God's Divine Love is real and everything contained in the Padgett messages is true. For me this is the only source that has proven itself and passed the test. I have never read or found any other that has given me so much confirmation. My convictions have become stronger and firmer with each passing moment of God's Blessings.

Coincidentally I learned that where Joan and I lived as children there was a lady living less than ten miles away who was following the Padgett messages but we had to come back to our roots, over a thousand miles away, to find them.

Your sister in Christ Spirit,
Judy

Re:Testimonies 15 Jan 2009 14:54 #2286

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
My Testimony

By Ian Nicol

All through my childhood I knew there was a God, I knew that there was something that needed to be done, I knew that this was more important than anything to do with the material life we are born into and this has been with me since I can remember.
My parents never mentioned anything about God or religion; I do not even know what their beliefs were as the subject never came up, so by doing this they allowed me to find out for myself.

My search for truth started on a neutral basis, no beliefs were thrust upon me, no-one ever attempted to get me to believe anything about the reason for our living or existence, whether there was a God or not.

As a child, I knew I had at least one good guide who comforted me in times of despair, warned me about pending trouble, who showed me things out of this world and some truths that I could not reveal to others because they would never have believed me.
All these spiritual experiences I kept to myself knowing that there was no use in telling people who only had their focus in the material world.

The experience that completely changed my life and direction and which resulted in me leaving England for Spain 6 months after its occurrence, I have written here, The Visit . A deep feeling came over me telling me about the consequences of life and that the day of our death was of the utmost importance, because what we do here will be the judge of where we end up in the spirit world, not where we think we should end up, not by any belief we may have, but by a justice that is for all and which is fair and just.

So this is where my search for the written truth began, I read the Bible, other religious books, spiritual books, in fact anything that I thought would help to find out what was being told to me by my inner senses and enhanced by the out of this world experiences that seem to happen to me every once in a while. But although there was some good in all the books none of them resonated with what I was feeling.

In the late 1990's while I was at work, It suddenly occurred to me that there was a question that I had never asked, I always addressed God and none other, but this thought came to me with such power that I asked it, it thundered in my soul it seemed, the question was, "What did Jesus really say?" simple yes. I have no idea why I didn't ask this before since he did appear to me once.
Anyway, two days later I was attracted to a website and started to read, it was about Jesus communicating through a man named James E. Padgett, I couldn't believe my eyes, after only half a page I knew this was the written truth I had been searching for, the more I read the more I realised that much of this had already been given to me through my non material senses, or perceptions and there was a lot more information here that I didn't know about.

So I read it all and began to pray with my soul as it says in the messages, although it took some time, eventually it happened, a feeling swept over me originating in my soul, my chest area, it was a feeling of such bliss and lingered nearly the whole day, now I knew that this was for real and I made a website about 6 months after finding these messages with the thought that everyone should know about this.
Not many visited that website and I had done nothing to promote it, but in the years between then and now I studied the messages and prayed and it became easier and easier to receive this Divine Love, as more and more of this love came, the more I changed and with this my thoughts and soul perception changed.

Late in 2008 I had a, how can I put it, a very strong urging from outside to do more for this cause, so I made a new website, this one, and am promoting it in all ways possible and this is just the beginning.

On my website I have published some of what has happened to me during my life, Spiritual Experiences as you will see there has been many a time when the normal laws of this material world have been subordinated to give me some insight into another reality, as strange as it may seem to some, I have only written the truth as God is my witness. I had never intended publishing them, but there they are, for all to read.

Only through God can we become the object of His will for us.
Only God can give us what we were created to long for, and that is His indescribable wonderful love.

This world is only a shadow of the spirit world; Mankind’s natural love is only a shadow of the Heavenly Fathers Divine love.
The great gift is to be at-one with God and that, God has left for us to decide.
The great miracle is the transformation from image to substance, from death to life, from mortality to immortality.
Those who seek our Father with all the longings of their souls may look forward to happiness and bliss unspeakable. The new birth of the soul is our first step into reality, and that is beyond our imagination, so what follows the new birth does not need to be told, we have to experience it.

How it feels.
I have been feeling the love so strong lately, that I wonder how this could be, such bliss, such a gift from our Father, it humbles my soul, and when I stand there before Him, humbled and thankful, even more flows in.
There no words to adequately describe it, but it is like, breathing pure oxygen, every intake of breath brings this love in greater quantities, my soul expands and seems to fill the whole room, and I then know a little more about how our Father is.
When this love comes in abundance, you love everyone, nothing anyone does can take this away.
God's Love is the solution.

Love and Blessings to all, Ian

Re:Testimonies 28 Jan 2009 18:01 #3003

• gcousins
MY ENCOUNTER WITH DIVINE LOVE
AFTER A LONG JOURNEY

At a very difficult time in my life, I was searching the Internet for information about the soul and stumbled upon a web site containing something that I never expected to find – messages from Jesus, no less, and from other Celestial Spirits. In my earlier years, I became interested in, and practiced an Eastern Philosophy (Buddhisn), for more than 16 years. Later on, I joined a Metaphysical Church and also did some research on “Huna”, a Polynesian religion. These “philosophies” seemed, then, to contain answers to many questions I had, but which the Christian religions did not satisfy. I believed, though, that Jesus was a great philosopher himself, but that his true teachings were misrepresented by the Churches. Though Buddhism taught us that there were “many gods” in the Universe, acting as protective forces, and not only one God, I had accepted this point of view with some reservations, as I sensed that there was only “GOD”. But I found logic in the theory of reincarnation, taught by this doctrine, since it seemed to explain many aspects of life that I could not, otherwise, understand. Yet, for some reason, I continued to ask the “Universe” to reveal the Truth to me, and, to the best of my recollections, I yearned for this since my early teens.

Somehow, the messages from Jesus and the other Celestial Spirits caught my attention in such way that I was convinced that, in response to my soul’s searching for “Spiritual Truths”, I was prompted by these Angels to find and read their messages. I read them with amazement, every possible moment that I could find.

In so doing, I could grasp, from their high spiritual content and, especially, from the very detailed account of the spirit world, that these messages could not have been originated from any human mind or even a spirit imposter, but from a higher source, or as purported. I had before learned about communication between mortals and spirits, so the concept was not far-fetched. With this discernment, my interest grew more in these writings.

Though what I had read was very convincing, one morning, after reading yet more of the messages, I ascended my thoughts to Jesus in a very sincere manner, somewhat like this, as I recall: “ Jesus – if these messages really came from whom they are said – you and others in the Celestial Heavens, then surely you can hear my thoughts and can send me a sign which I will clearly understand. Please confirm that these messages did not come from someone trying to impersonate YOU, but are, indeed, from YOU and your followers in the Celestial Heaven. Although, these messages are of high spiritual content and it is hard to believe that such information could have even been conceived by any human mind, still, I would appreciate your confirmation. Please forgive me for questioning you, if you are, indeed, the source of these messages”

Well….after having this “conversation” with Jesus, I continued with my daily task and had completely dismissed the thought from my mind, as, perhaps, I really did not expect to get an answer. Approximately one hour and a half later, my phone rang and I was unable to take the call at the moment. Upon checking the Caller ID later to see who had called, the Caller ID displayed: “JESUS PEOPLE US”. I was in shock! I clearly understood that this was the answer to my question, through a sign that I would understand. I could not utter a word for a few seconds as I paced in my room, totally dumbfounded. Three or four days later, I called the number displayed, in order to find out more about that number. The first words I heard, after dialing the number, was a recorded message saying: “JESUS LOVES YOU”. I was, then, absolutely sure that I had received my answer, not only the sign I had asked for, but to my search for Spiritual Truth. I was taught before that the “Universe” or our Guides do send us signs (messages) all the time and that we just have to learn to understand them. Jesus had given me a sign that I could understand!

Many times when reading the messages I felt as if they were actually talking to me, or answering questions in my mind, the very moment upon opening the book and choosing a message. Amazing!

Although each and every message is a source of high spiritual knowledge and inspiration, I have been touched by many, but in, particular, would like to cite an excerpt from one of Jesus’ messages entitled, “The Only Way to the Kingdom of God in the Celestial Heavens” in the True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus:

“THEN, AS I HAVE SAID, THIS DIVINE LOVE OF THE FATHER, WHEN POSSESSED BY THE SOUL OF MAN, MAKES HIM IN HIS SUBSTANCE AND ESSENCE DIVINE LIKE UNTO THE DIVINITY OF THE FATHER, AND ONLY SUCH SOULS CONSTITUTE AND INHABIT THE CELESTIAL OR DIVINE KINGDOM OF GOD; AND THIS BEING SO, IT MUST BE READILY SEEN THAT THE ONLY WAY TO THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM IS THAT WHICH LEADS TO THE OBTAINING OF THIS DIVINE LOVE, WHICH MEANS THE NEW BIRTH; AND WHICH NEW BIRTH IS BROUGHT ABOUT BY THE FLOWING INTO THE SOULS OF MEN THIS DIVINE LOVE, WHEREBY THE VERY NATURE AND SUBSTANCE OF THE FATHER, AND WHEREFROM MEN CEASE TO BE THE MERELY CREATED BEINGS, BUT BECOME THE SOULS OF MEN BORN INTO THE DIVINE REALITY OF GOD”

These words and profound teachings expounded by Jesus are very convincing and through my soul-perception I feel the truthfulness in them. I was also taken by the beauty of The Prayer that he wrote for us, to pray for the Divine Love. There was something special about it and simply Beautiful, as never before I had seen.

Through my daily and earnest prayer to the Father for His Divine Love, I sense that “connection”, as I grow stronger in my faith and firm resolution to follow this path. I give thanks with all my heart and soul for the precious gift of this knowledge, and for my soul’s ability to recognize and accept these teachings as Truths. I have, indeed, had a life changing experience.

In my awareness of the great importance of our soul’s development, I sincerely pray that more and more of our mortal and spirit brothers and sisters will be awakened to the Father’s Divine Love, in the knowledge that it is the greatest gift that any mortal or spirit could possess.

With my love,

Geraldine

Re:My testimony 06 Apr 2009 09:17 #3409

• brotherdavek
Born Sept 23 1946, Father irish catholic, mother irish catholic, raised in London in catholic convent schools. Went to Catholic schools for the first nine years in school and went to catechism every morning at school. I was an altar boy, choir boy.
By the time I was nine, I had been to so many different schools (my dad was in the military and we moved a lot, about every two years), and had so many different catechism teachers, of different sects. I had become an agnostic. One day, my mind filled with questions that I had been having since I started catechism, standing in the middle of a very large field, yelling out to the sky, “ok God, I don’t know if you are real, if you are really there I want to know!” I entered into some slight altered state of consciousness. The voices in my head were not mine, asked me questions and explained things to me in a way that, for me it was clear that there was a Creator, much smarter than me and that I was not smart enough or able to create myself. There after, my prayers felt more real or intense. They always produced more questions about God and the meaning and purpose of life. We were often told in church and catechism, that our purpose was to “Know, Love and serve God, in this world and the next”.

Much of my confusion was caused by the abuse, both physical and mental, in my home. Just didn’t understand the hypocrisy of my supposedly devout catholic mother and father, all the talk about love and the lack of it in our home. Many times I prayed for help for me and my 6 sisters, one of whom was severely brain damaged at birth through lack of oxygen. I remember many long hours trying to help my mom teach her to speak.

I remember being about 6 at my grandparent’s house, my grandfather always had a couple of cases of beer around, and the adults were all drinking. They didn’t seem to mind (being of old world European stock) that I would be sipping beer out of the bottles. I got a little drunk. It was a little like a spiritual experience. I felt free and uninhibited. I felt like I fit in and belonged. We ended up in a very intense discussion about God and Jesus.

At about 11, I was in school one day daydreaming (liminal trance state) doodling infinity symbols and hearts. I got smacked for not paying attention. Daydreaming was common place for me. Almost went into seminary after sixth grade.

At 14, I had my first planned drunk. By this time I was out of catholic schools and only went to church on Sunday’s. By 16 I was drinking regularly and had re-entered into a pretty strong agnostic frame of mind.

At 26 I was a police officer. One night at about 2 am I stopped a car. Long story short, the guy had a warrant out for him. During the attempt to arrest him, he got my gun out of my holster. The gun was between us and I couldn’t get a hold of it. I felt his energy and probably the energy of the spirit that was with him. I knew he wanted to shoot me. I pushed him hard and quickly got to the other side of the car, so the car was between us. I had a second gun, and had drawn it almost without knowing it. He was standing in front of the car with the headlights on him with a white tee shirt on. I had a perfect sight picture. I was squeezing the trigger, when I had a moment of conscience; I realized I didn’t know if it was right or wrong to shoot him. I asked “Should I shoot?” The answer came. NO NO NO We (my cover officer had arrived) affected the arrest. I distinctly felt that I had been taken care of throughout the whole indicent. I was a changed man.

Just prior to this, my wife had left and taken my daughter back to New York, my lover was going out with other guys. Then I got fired from the police dept. 6 mo. after the gun incident.

I felt completely lost. My life was angst.

All my sisters (5) were hippies, into smoking dope and music, etc. I went into that life style and traveled around the country for almost 4 years, living often in my 58 VW Bug. During this time, in my quest for truth and understanding, many books almost fell into my hands. Many were spiritual, Urantia, The Course in Miracles, Edgar Cayce, Jane Roberts and Seth, Elizabeth Clare Prophet and The Great White Brotherhood, Autobiography of a Yoga, the Essenian Gospel of Christ, Ospensky and Gurgiff, Remember Be Here Now, all of Meher Baba’s writings, etc., and many books by contemporary pschycologists or psychiatrists, of the day. I can only say that I desired to understand, a continuation to the thought processes of my youth.

This went on until I was 30 years old, when I was introduced to the Divine Love community in Santa Cruz in 1976. Marty and Michelle took me to a Sunday service in Boulder Creek. After the service we all stood in a circle, must have been 50 people or more, held hands and prayed. The Divine Love was so intense I wept. I felt like I had come home.

I was struck sober for 2 ½ years. During the next two years I studied the volumes every opportunity I had, sometimes in groups. We also studied Neuro-Psychics, a process of determining the truth of our motives, and/or the causes and conditions of our harmony and disharmony, a tool for truth that George Stokes had developed out of his knowledge of chiropractics and the information in the volumes about the relationship of the soul, spirit, spirit body and body.

George Stokes had always advised us to pray first before reading the messages, so that the soul was in ascendancy while we studied the volumes. He always talked about the “5 Steps to Truth”, (ARDT Vol. II, pg 136) and I adopted these principals in my life. In this message from John and other messages to Padgett, from Jesus and the Celestials, made clear to me the very simplest of the truths was that all fulfillment, truth, knowledge and progress came from receiving the Divine Love. As Padgett was advised to pray constantly, I adopted this in my life, as much as I could. I recall also Patrick and Rose’s wedding at Marty and Michelle’s. George and Kathryn were sitting behind me. George said to Kathryn, “Here it comes”. I felt such a powerful rush of the Divine Love that I wept.

Two years into the process, I had a “Pentecost”*. During this time I also did trans-mediumship and studied automatic writing. I also recall being in Capitola one day and “hearing” a message come through. That night at the community house where George and Kathryn lived, Kathryn read a message that she had received earlier in the day. It was exactly what I had heard that afternoon in Capitola.

Another day in Capitola, sitting on the cliffs, I heard the spirits say “Go see George and Kathryn at East Cliff”. They had to say it a couple of times, because I didn’t quite believe I had heard it. They said “hurry up or you will miss them, they are going to leave East Cliff soon”. I hitched a ride to East Cliff house and went in and sure enough George, Kathryn and Amy were sitting on the couch. I told George what had happened and he began a “checkout” on him self. He said “it’s true Mama”, he called Kathryn “mama”. Then we all left together and went to another community house.

Sometime later, we, Dan and Carolyn Bowman, Carol and Michael Shula, went to Palo Alto to establish a community there and then later to Sacramento. Marty had gone to the Philippines to meet and study with the psychic surgeons. I went later to Eugene, Ore with Richard and Katie.

This was when alcohol came back into my life. I struggled with it until 1982 when I hit bottom and went to a spiritual recovery. I have been sober and clean since 4-14-82. The program of recovery is described as the 12 Steps:

1. We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives were unmanageable (one may replace alcohol with people, circumstances, drugs, sex, relationships, gambling or any other manifestation of addiction or obsessive compulsive behavior)
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over the care of God, as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. (with a sponsor)
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. (usually to our sponsor, but may be done with a minister or pschycologist/ pschyciatrist).
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all people we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. CONTINUED to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others in recovery and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

I have practiced these principals for over 27 years. Attended meetings on a daily basis (attended 3 meetings (fellowship) per day for my first three years. I have sponsored many people through the steps. Have been and am sought out as a spiritual advisor. This is all done in accordance with one of the 12 traditions “… a program of attraction, rather than promotion”

All this is contained in the books: “Alcoholics Anonymous” and “Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions”. A complete detail of the processes, procedures and experience of the first 100 recovering people in AA. It has been acknowledged as the greatest healing program of the twentieth century, as AA alone has, since 1935, about 4 million people. Is and has been used by alcoholics (AA), wives and family members of alcoholics and addicts (ALANON), Narcotics Annonymous (NA), Cocain Annon. (CA) Co-dependents (CODA), adult children of alcoholics (addicts) ACOA, sex addicts (SAA), Sex and relationship addicts (SSAA), gamblers (GA) and on…
I have been afforded the privilege and opportunity to share my experience, strength and hope (minister) in this fellowship, during meetings and in the fabric of my daily life, including phone calls at 3 am, for 27 years. This has only happened by continuing to pray, practice the steps and reading the volumes. I owe everything to Our Gracious God.
It was for the purpose of getting into harmony and being in a place where I am not often troubled by the negativities of the past or the attitudes that create them, that I have often put off the formal ministerial process, that I may manifest “the Love” on a continuous basis in my everyday life before doing so. I had a desire to have a consistent (relative) state of harmony and peace before I moved forward.

* The Pentecost experience talked about above: I had been to a Sunday Service with the Divine Love Fellowship, as it was in Santa Cruz during that time at East Cliff Dr. (1978). Marty had stated to me an observation about how people often after the services didn’t quite know what to do with all the love that was present and that they had received and almost flung it off in interacting with each other. I then, instead of going to the potluck socials after church services, would walk on the beach for hours, continuing to pray and contemplate what was happening to me. This particular Sunday I had been walking for a couple of hours around the bay and had returned to Capitola beach. I was walking past a 3 ft tall piece of driftwood brought in by a winter storm. All of a sudden went into a trance state. I could feel my spirit intensely in my spirit body. It felt like a space suit all around me. Then I guess I was out of my body. The light was all around me, and in me. When I say light, it was like white light, but more “clear light”. I felt like I was zooming through this space of light, getting ever closer to the source. The “I” in me ever smaller. Then I was, what I knew, was in the Presence of God, Total Love. I felt very small indeed, almost infinitesimal, yet completely conscious of the fact that I was experiencing Infinite Love and to some degree a consciousness of God. I have no idea how long I was in this state of consciousness. I came back into my body. I was around the other side of the log, leaning up against it. The front of my shirt was completely wet from weeping tears of joy. I have never forgotten this experience. Although I have had many joyful experiences of God’s Great Love in prayer, I have never again had this experience. However, I often feel great intensity of Love when I pray, which allows me a condition of peace, happiness, sometimes joy, and the power to be aware and perceive much of my thoughts and attitudes, and attend to the negative programings of my mind, to achieve a more consistent state of harmony. All glory, honor and praise to Our Loving Creator.

David K. minister, Divine Love Ministry, Inc.
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

How I came across the DL teachings. 06 Apr 2009 19:20 #3414

• slh39
My name is Shawn Hoodye. I was born and raised in Los Angeles,Ca.. Even growing up as a kid i remember always having an interest in God... I grew up in a christian home and often went to a pentecostal/holiness church with my mom.. In my teens i became interested in music and began playing the drums.. I kinda fell away from going to church while in high school after getting involved in various sports and marching band.. In my mind i was like " i still love you God, i'm just busy right now ".. In my senior yr. and soon after i started college i began feeling more and more lonely and empty inside and i knew that deep inside that lonely feeling could only be filled by God.. I began to pray to God to save me and one night after watching a Jimmy Swaggart crusade on t.v. i went to my room and said the 'sinners prayer'.. and i received God's Divine Love into my heart, although i didn't call it that at the time.. For about 2 yrs after that i went to church every Sunday pretty much and 2 make a long story short one day i had an obe and my life changed 4ever.. i began reading books about it and studying other religions and i joined a meditation practice called sant mat.. I became a vegetarian and began meditating at least 2 hrs a day, had many experiences including obe's.. I did this for about 6 yrs..and during all that time, i would still go to church every so often.. I was still searching for something on a subtle level but couldnt quite put my finger on it..Sooooo, 2 make another long story short one day i went to a book store called the bodhi tree and found a Divine Love book entitled "What happens after we die"... It was as if the book just screamed from the bookshelf "read me"!!!..I took it home, asked God to fill me with his Divine Love, and haven't looked back since...:) So there it is.... lol....