Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Divine Love Flowing into the Soul
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Divine Love. What It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained 22 Jan 2021 12:00 #8303

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan, I can relate to what you shared in your testimony;

I guess I could go through a huge list of what I didn't like about myself, from top to bottom, the whole shebang... but, frankly, there was nothing wrong with me... it was just what I was thinking. That's all.

Joan, I felt the same way about myself, the victim of a dysfunctional family. I had a long list too of self loathing. Reflecting upon other seekers of the Divine Love, I think I see a pattern of abuse, neglect and lovelessness in those people’s lives too. Perhaps God is reaching out to those that are particularly in need of love, healing and comfort where it is absent? I believe God has been with me all of my life helping me in my difficulties and challenges. Perhaps I wasn’t cognizant of the fact however He was always there.

I’m suffering a bit of shell shock and depression from recent events, as God’s Love couldn’t be more timely for me. Like most, I’m affected by the things that go on around me, especially with what I read and hear from others. Perhaps I’d be happier and less stressed if I just buried my head in the sand and ignored what is going on around me. Of course that is selfish as we all bear a responsibility as a good citizen to contribute to the greater good of our community.

That’s why God’s Divine Love is such a good fit for me Joan. It was there for me all of my adult life and has never wavered, nor have I ever questioned it’s greater truth living in my soul. God’s Love has set my life right, where in the beginning, it was a bit shaky and could go in the wrong way. God’s presence is something I seek now with all my heart, a consequence of praying for His Love.

Love and hugs,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Divine Love. What It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained 22 Jan 2021 15:35 #8305

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Dan, indeed, many of our childhood stories are very similar. It may have been that our parents went through the great depression and suffered the same things that they inflicted upon us... not realizing the harm they were doing to our sweet souls.

I agree that God was with us from the moment of our birth (and even before, of course) as it's in the messages. He's always in the background - watching, listening, and loving us - until we bring him into the forefront and we declare our Love to Him. After this happens, it's a completely different ballgame and a Love Fest with our Heavenly Father begins and will never end.

I'm in the Divine Love flow phase now, Dan, and the intensity of the flow is sometimes overwhelming but it's like I never want it to end. I've never been happier and I can't stop smiling. :)

God bless you.

Love,
Joan

Divine Love. What It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained 24 Jan 2021 12:05 #8311

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan, what you said about being in the Divine Love phase now moved me. That’s a powerful claim to make and one that several of us I think are feeling as well. You and I have spent an entire adult lifetime praying for His Love and you’d expect by now that there’d be a big payoff for such an investment. To say that we are now living all the time in the light of God’s Love is proof positive and evidence that we’re growing in closer at-onement with God. A person may ask, “does that mean you’re in prayer all the time”? For myself I would say not all but most of the time now. This stuff sneaks up on you and catches me by surprise sometimes by the quantum leap I’ve just taken from the last batch of prayers. Best thing I know that will cure the common sin.

I love loving you Joan,
Dan

Divine Love. What It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained 24 Jan 2021 17:23 #8316

• Joan

Best thing I know that will cure the common sin.

Without a doubt, Dan... we need a meme for that one!

Divine Love. What It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained 02 Feb 2021 13:04 #8340

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A few days ago, my wife was on the speakerphone with someone that used to irritate me when they laughed. We have good relations between us as I never let my reaction get in the way.  Their laugh just bothered me as I would cringe when I heard it but something happened when I heard it this time. I didn't react the same way when they laughed and I asked Deb for her phone and enjoyed a wonderful chat with this person. Stuff like this is proof positive to me that the Divine Love works and heals us of our disharmony and negativity.

Love,
Dan

Divine Love. What It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained 09 Feb 2021 20:26 #8361

• Joan
Helen Padgett wrote a great message on the Law of Compensation, which I've linked below. Yesterday, a word came to me "dispensation." Not knowing what it meant, I looked up the definition. According to the internet dictionary, it means: "exemption from a rule or usual requirement." Well, this is exactly how the Law of Divine Love works. Without Divine Love, we would need to experience the Law of Compensation to the last farthing, as Helen and Jesus wrote.

Helen:  Law of Compensation

"... when you get this Great Love in your heart in sufficient abundance, and you have much of it now, your sins will be blotted out. This is the Law of Regeneration; otherwise, the man who continues without this Love, and the man who receives it, would be in the same condition, and the New Birth would mean nothing. So do not think that this Great Love is not sufficient to cleanse the soul of the results of the sins of earth life; and, best of all, it cleanses while you are a mortal.

I know that the spiritualists quote and proclaim the Law of Recompense or Compensation, but there is a higher law that nullifies that law; and when Love, this Divine Love, comes into the soul of a mortal, the Law of Compensation is removed from the scope of its working, for Love is the fulfilling of the Law. So do not let that stumbling block make you believe that this Great Love is not sufficient to remove all sin and error, and to purify your soul so that you may become fitted to live in the Kingdom of the Father and become one with Him.

No, the Love is for the vilest sinner, and no man can by a mere act of restoration fit himself for the inflowing of this Divine Love. It is waiting for the sinner as well as for the saint; and even though your sins be as scarlet, they will be made white as wool. I mean that you will not have to wait to make recompense to mortals before this great Love can do the cleansing work; else what is the use of having this Great Love provided for man? If he shall first make himself pure, what is the necessity for the work of the Holy Spirit?

Only pray for this Love and have faith, and you will get it. God is the judge of what a man shall do to render justice and restitution, and when He says that this Divine Love, with all its cleansing power, is for the sinner who seeks for it by true faith, who has the right to say that the sinner must first do what man may think is justice between himself and his fellow man?" TGRA, v.2:28

Jesus:  How the Redeemed Soul Is Saved from the Penalties That Sin and Error Have Brought Upon It

"When the soul is in a condition of sin and error, it is not responsive to the inflowing of the Holy Spirit. In order to get into a condition of receptivity to these influences, it must have an awakening as to its actual condition of enslavement by these things. And until such an awakening comes to it, there is no possibility of its receiving the Love of God into it, and of turning its thoughts to the Truths of God, and to the practices of life that will help it in its progress towards a condition of freedom....

But to come nearer to my point of discourse, I would like to say that the soul that is existing in sin and error will have to, sooner or later, pay the penalties for such sin and error; and there is no escape from the payment of these penalties, except in the redemption that the Father has provided by the New Birth. These penalties are only the natural result of the operation of God's Laws, and they must be endured until the full penalty is paid. Even though a man may progress to a higher condition of soul excellence and have much happiness, yet he must pay the last farthing and thus release himself from these penalties." TGRA, v.1:113 

• Page: