Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Are the soul, spirit and mind substantially the same thing? 02 Nov 2016 04:53 #7880

• Jan
  • Thank you received: 35
Dan,
I find that it is a struggle sometimes to be in this world but not of this world. We see this world around us and our minds say, why not? While our souls are saying no way! What is the fine line that makes the way straight and narrow as we need to be?

One thing that has help me is that I have started a journal in a dedicated book that lists as many answered prayers as I can remember in the past four years of which I keep adding to. Sometimes the life of the worldly ways seem to be swarming around me and I get caught up in it and that's when my feet hit the ground running trying to manage it all myself and I get tired, worn out and overwhelmed. Fear sets in and that's when I realize that I am trying to do this life without my Father. That's when I pick up my journal and read the stories of how he has provided and the ways that he has made possible. That's when I feel his Love pick me back up in his arms telling me to rest. This world wasn't meant for me to take on. It was meant for me to walk in this world with his Love carrying me though it.
Love from Jan
If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian, Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are the soul, spirit and mind substantially the same thing? 04 Nov 2016 10:23 #7882

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I've been trying to find this part of a message I copied recently,, I think it might explain a few things. it's from Dr. Stones testimony.
The Origin of these Messages

"While receiving these preparatory messages, it occurred to Padgett to ask how it was that Jesus had selected him to do this work, and what power, specifically, was there in the Divine Love which would enable him to succeed. Inevitably, there came the reply - in fact, one from John, the Apostle, and another from Jesus. John's message deals with the laws of report in the spirit world which enable spirits and mortals to communicate, and the workings whereby the brain of the mortal is conditioned to receive various types of messages: intellectual, moral, and soul. It is a message of great importance to those who may be interested in developing mediumship or furthering their mediumistic powers. But Jesus' reply is more direct.

The message is printed in volume I, and so may be read in its entirety. But to summarize briefly here, Jesus wrote that two things are necessary for a genuine medium to receive the messages of the Father's Truths, which were to be given shortly. First, the medium had to have thorough faith that the spirits of the Celestial Heavens, inhabitants of God's Kingdom in Immortality, were actual beings who could, if the medium achieved a certain condition of soul, actually control his brain and write through him. If the medium did not have this faith in his heart, then no contact could be made by the Celestial spirits with him. Secondly, the medium must be willing to submit to the conditions imposed by the spirits: He had to obey the instructions of the spirits and pray to the Father for His Divine Love; for it was this Love alone that had the power to transform the brain of the medium so that it could be attuned to the thoughts of the spirits. And this transformation of the brain could be achieved only through the development of his soul. By prayer, said Jesus, the Father's Love inflowing into the soul transforms the soul from the image of God (with which man was created) into the Essence of God, so that sin and error in the human soul could not exist. And the brain of the mortal, thus purified of material thoughts and manifesting in his thoughts the condition of his transformed soul, could attain that condition which corresponded to the soul condition of the spirits; and it was in that way that he could grasp their thoughts .

That was the importance of the Divine Love. Padgett, in short, had to attain, through prayer to the Father, a soul condition approaching to a degree that of the Celestial spirits in order for his brain to receive their messages. Prayer had to be constant, for, otherwise, renewed earth plane and material thoughts would naturally reimpose their dominance, and the Love and the high soul condition would become inactive."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

Are the soul, spirit and mind substantially the same thing? 06 Nov 2016 03:40 #7883

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Thank you, Dan, Jan and Ian for your thoughtful posts. Count me in as one who is going through what can best be described as a temporary lull in my soul's progression. The good news is that the Divine Love that I do have in my soul is firmly planted and, thank you, God, it'll never disappear. I just know I NEED so much more of it and, hopefully, this lull is soon to become a thing of the past. :-)

God Divine Love You All!

Lots of Love from SoCal,
Joan
Attachments:

• Page: