Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What did Jesus mean when he wrote "and few there be that enter therein"? 03 Oct 2016 06:00 #7849

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
In Jesus' message to Mr. Padgett written a hundred years ago on January 10, 1916, about the importance of mankind seeking the Divine Love, he wrote about the straight and narrow way, which we have discussed in another thread. Not only is it important to know of and stay on the straight and narrow way, what Jesus wrote at the end is also significant.

Narrow is the way and strait is the gate which leads to life everlasting
and few there be that enter therein.

"I repeat now; for it is apparent from the observation of the way in which mankind from the beginning have exercised their wills, which God leaves free to their own volition, that a vast majority of men will never enter in at the strait gate, but be contented to live in the spheres and happiness which their natural love, in its perfect state and progress, will fit them for.

That all men will ultimately be brought into harmony with God, in either the natural love or in the Higher One, is certain, and that all sin and error will finally be eradicated from God's universe is decreed, but the time will depend to a great extent, upon the wills and desires of men, and, hence, while my great mission in coming to earth and teaching men, was to show the way to the Celestial Kingdom, yet a lesser part of my mission was to teach them a way to their redemption from sin and error that would result in the purification of the natural love; and to my great regret and to the untold injury to man, my moral teachings were more at large set forth in portions of the Bible, as now accepted, than were my teachings of the Higher Truths."

The Importance for Mankind Seeking the Divine Love
True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, Vol. 1, pg. 119

So for all of the religiosity in the world and the Heavens composed of billions of people, there will only be a few who enter the Celestial Heavens.

Thank you, God, I'm one of the few! Yay! :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did Jesus mean when he wrote "and few there be that enter therein"? 03 Oct 2016 15:30 #7851

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan, we are so very blessed to not only have knowledge of the straight and narrow path of the Divine Love but even better, to have ownership as well. Like you said, when we imagine the billions of people on this planet and of all those lovely souls, we are but a few who are so blessed to have the Father's Love in our hearts. And then to further imagine that we are but a few who will ever seek for and possess the Father's Love is nearly unfathomable for me. This really blows my mind Joan and makes me sad for those who will deny God's Love from coming into their hearts. How very foolish is man's mind to think it knows a better way.

What did Jesus mean when he wrote "and few there be that enter therein"? 03 Oct 2016 19:45 #7852

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
The same mistake that the first humans made (Adam and Eve) is being repeated today, but this time instead of making the great error from the status of the perfect natural human creation, which is how God created them, the same error is being replicated from the position of fallen mankind.

From the fall of the first created up to the time of Jesus Christ, the opportunity to receive God's great gift of immortality was not in existence, as it had been withdrawn after the first fall, or as it states in the messages, the first death which is the withdrawal of the opportunity to become immortal as God is immortal.

When Jesus said "Narrow is the way and strait is the gate which leads to life everlasting and few there be that enter therein." he is not only revealing how it is for someone to find and recognise the way to God's great gift, "life everlasting" which is immortality, but he is also revealing how fallen this world and its occupants are who mostly take the wide road and find the crooked gate which leads to somewhere nobody wants to go.
If it was a good world with good loving people who lead the people with kindness and equality etc. then what Jesus said would be the other way around, but it's not, the way is narrow and not many are found on it.

Many thousands of years went by between the first death of Adam and Eve and the coming of Jesus where the opportunity to become immortal was not an option, and civilisations arose and when they fell other civilisations arose from its ashes and carried on living by the animal hierarchy laws which is still going strong today.
But in reality since Jesus' coming, things changed, God reinstated the opportunity to become immortal, this is what the teachings of Jesus are all about, they show the way to God and redemption from sin, and through the straight gate is immortality and all that goes with it

What did Jesus mean when he wrote "and few there be that enter therein"? 04 Oct 2016 20:49 #7855

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
This needs to go here for those that wonder how to get onto the narrow way and through the straight gate.

From Jesus.
Then, the only Way to the Celestial Kingdom being by the New Birth, and that Birth being brought to men only by the inflowing and working of this Divine Love (and whether or not a man shall experience this Birth depending, in its initiative, on the man Himself), the question arises: "How, or in what Way, can a man obtain this Divine Love, and this New Birth, and the Celestial Kingdom?" And because the Way is so easy and simple, it may be that men will doubt the Truth of my explanation, and will continue to believe, and place all their hopes upon the orthodox doctrines of the vicarious atonement - the washing of the blood, my sufferings on the cross and bearing all the sins of the world, and my resurrection from the dead - doctrines as harmful to the salvation of mankind as they are without truth or foundation in fact or effect.

The only Way then, is simply this: That men shall believe with all the sincerity of their minds and souls, that this Great Love of the Father is waiting to be bestowed upon each and all of them; and that when they come to the Father in faith and earnest aspirations, this Love will not be withholden from them. And, in addition to this belief, that they pray with all the earnestness and longings of their souls that, the Father will open up their souls to the inflowing of this Love, and that then may come the Holy Spirit to them to bring this Love into their souls, in such abundance that their souls may be transformed into the very Essence of the Father's Love.

The man who will thus believe and pray will never be disappointed, and the Way to the Kingdom will be his, as certainly as that the sun shines by day upon the just and the unjust alike. No mediator is needed, nor are the prayers or ceremonies of priests or preachers, for God comes to man, Himself, and hears his prayers, and responds thereto by sending the Comforter, which is the Father's Messenger for conveying this Great Divine Love into the souls of men.

The words are few and the Way is plain, and no mystery prevents men from comprehending the meaning thereof. When I said, "Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God,"

The True Kingdom of Heaven That Jesus Taught on Earth - the Celestial Kingdom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

What did Jesus mean when he wrote "and few there be that enter therein"? 02 Nov 2016 05:57 #7881

• Jan
  • Thank you received: 35
Thanks so much Joan for referencing the source because as I was reading it I was telling myself that I wanted to share that and that I needed to find it and you made it easy!
Thanks!!!
If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156

• Page: