Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is the Essence of Divine Truth? 23 Jan 2015 17:30 #6935

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
In the early years after I began reading the messages and I wanted to know if something was true or not, I did what John suggested in his message to Mr. Padgett. In a nutshell, it's to ask God the question you want answered... "Is [fill in the blank] true?"... and then forget it. If it keeps coming back, it's true. If the thought goes away, it isn't.

Here's John's message for those who want to read it.

As time passed, I discovered I didn't have to ask God that question any more, my soul just knows the truth. I know that I'm not the only Divine Love person who has experienced this phenomena. We can spot an untruth a mile away, especially when it comes to contemporary messages or various things we may read on the internet or something someone tells us. Because we have this "knowing," we may feel inclined to share what we know. And to our surprise, some people who don't know the truth may say that we are "smug" or "arrogant" or "just big know-it-alls!" :laugh:

So how is it that our soul knows the truth, but others who are receiving Divine Love aren't quite there yet? The answer is that we have received in our souls a sufficient abundance of God's Divine Love, which brings to our soul the "Essence of Divine Truth."

Jesus writes about it in his message to Mr. Padgett, which was about a Bible-believing preacher, who also possessed Divine Love. Jesus explains why it is so very important to know the truth, especially when someone has received Divine Love. Here's an excerpt:

"While his ignorance will not invoke the penalties of the law that applies to the willful deceiver or teacher of false doctrines, yet neither will it excuse him or relieve him from the penalties of that law which demands the truth and only the truth to be believed and taught. He will have to get rid of these false beliefs, even though he may have some of the Divine Love in his soul; for whenever there exists untruth in belief in the heart and soul of man to that extent, it interferes with the inflowing of the Love and the progress of that soul towards perfect unity with the Father.

Truth is a fact of itself. It can have no affiliation with untruth, no matter that untruth is the result of ignorance; for all untruth is the result of ignorance, and must be eradicated from the hearts of men before there can be that harmony between God and man which the very nature of truth itself requires. So, if no man could be the son of God, in not having the perfect harmony which truth absolutely demands, God would have no sons amongst men. The condition of the sinner and that of the man who has experienced the New Birth, differs only in the fact that one has not commenced to have in his soul the Essence of Truth, while the other, to an extent, has that Essence. All may have that Essence, and to a great abundance. Some may never have the Essence of Divine Truth; yet no man will be left without the essence of the truth which leads to the perfect man."

To read Jesus' full message click on this link here .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What is the Essence of Divine Truth? 24 Jan 2015 14:22 #6939

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Regarding truth and seeking Divine Love..,what a whirlwind sometimes. The more DL I seek for the more bold I am getting in my public life as an emissary of truth. Some of you know of this and no doubt will chime in here in confirmation.

I'm also a member of several motorcycle forums as I own several and love riding them. Recently I took issue with patronizing and degrading jokes about women and specifically about the moderator posting such cheap shots about women. Now I appear to be in hot water with the moderator. I've asked him privately to stand down from his insulting jokes and be a man of principal. We'll see how that goes. Meanwhile, to thine own self be true.

What is the Essence of Divine Truth? 24 Jan 2015 15:15 #6940

• Joan
Good going, Dan.

Frankly, I think some of this may be blowback to the feminist movement... women raising themselves up while putting men down and depicting them as idiots or fools. It adds up to lack of respect by both sexes and, the truth is... this is not of God.

It's really sad to see the degradation of society right before our very eyes, especially when we know the way to turn it right side up.

What is the Essence of Divine Truth? 24 Jan 2015 16:05 #6941

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes Joan, I can see how this can go both ways. Most behave themselves, especially on a spiritual forum and don't post inappropriate humor and conversely it's probably the norm on a predominantly guy forum like motorcycles or trucks. It's not a favorite position to take and one takes allot of heat from standing on principals.The moderator of this forum has issued me a warning and next time I will get a 30 day ban. He wouldn't admit to his wrong doings as he said a joke is just a joke. I don't agree as there is truth in jest and as a moderator of a forum, he has the responsibility of drawing the line based on principals just like we do here. I asked Deb, "how would you feel if I told degrading jokes about women to my guy friends in front of you? Does it make a difference if it's behind her back? Sometimes it's hard going against the status quo and taking a stand but really and truly; it's the only way I know now.

What is the Essence of Divine Truth? 24 Jan 2015 17:48 #6944

• Joan
Those people don't realize how their attacks aren't good for the soul... both theirs and the people they attack. The other disturbing idea is the fake "war on women," someone concocted to make them fearful, so they would vote a certain way. Rather than thinking or coming to the conclusion that it was false, some women fell for this poppycock.

I've never heard that stereotype about religious people being boring, but if that untruth is out there... it needs to be changed. From my experience, Divine Love people aren't boring! In fact, we're pretty fun and loving. :laugh:

• Page: