Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Atonement - What it means to be at-one with God 23 Sep 2014 22:44 #6624

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
The following are excerpts from messages written by Luke and Jesus through James E. Padgett on the important subject of what it means to be at-one with God... the Atonement.

"I come to-night to tell you of a truth that is of very great importance to you and to mankind, and desire that you shall be very careful in receiving what I may say. I am in a condition of love that enables me to know whereof I write, and to cause what I may say to be accepted by you as true.

I want to tell you that the Love of which we have been writing is the only Love that can make a spirit or man at-one with the Father, and this my theme: The Atonement....

Atonement, in its true meaning... simply the becoming at-one with Him in those qualities that will insure to men the possession of His Love and the Immortality that Jesus brought to light....

God's universe is governed by laws as immutable as they are perfect in their workings, and the great thing to be accomplished by the plan which He provided for the redemption of men, is to have every man come into harmony with these laws, because just as soon as that harmony exists, there will be no more discord and sin will not be known to humanity. And so, only that which will bring man into this harmony can possibly save him from his sins and bring about the at-onement that Jesus and his disciples taught.

Man, when created, was endowed with what may be called a natural love, and that love, to the extent of the quality that it possessed, was in perfect harmony with God's universe, and so long as it was permitted to exist in its pure state, was a part of the harmony of the universe; but when it became defiled or impregnated with sin or anything not in accord with God's laws, it became inharmonious and not at-one with God, and the only redemption required was the removing of those things that caused the inharmony...."

The Atonement, part 1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Atonement - What it means to be at-one with God 26 Sep 2014 21:31 #6630

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I never knew what atonement meant until I read these messages, sort of got the truth before the lies this time.
It must be easier this way because you don't have to get rid of the falsities before learning the truth, I see a lot of people who are stuck in the mud because of that. Thanks Mum and Dad wherever you are for not pushing a religion onto me.

The Atonement - What it means to be at-one with God 30 Sep 2014 05:10 #6634

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
I've known Christians - many in my life, both family and friends, who won't shake off their false belief of atonement. I asked someone once how it works. How can Jesus miraculously remove their sins just by believing in him? Of course, they had no idea. And we know why. It can't happen!

Here's another excerpt from Luke's message on atonement:

• But the Divine Love of the Father is a Love that has in It, and is wholly composed of the Divinity which the Father possesses, and no man can ever become a part of that Divinity until he possesses this Great Love.

• I know it is said that man is Divine because he was created in the image of God, but nothing which is a mere image is ever a part of the substance of which it is the image and cannot possibly have the qualities of that substance.

• Commonly speaking, the image may have the appearance and for the ordinary affairs of the mortal life, may serve the purpose of the real until something that arises that demands the production of the real, and then the image will no longer serve the purpose.

Isn't it obvious how much God, our loving Heavenly Father, love us and what we need to do to become at-one with Him is so simple.

To read Luke's message, The Atonement, part 2

• Page: