The Straight and Narrow Way 19 Aug 2016 16:39 #7721

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Agreed, Ian. Thank you.

Here's more from Jesus about the "way.":
When the way to obtain this love is so easy
and the joy of its possession is so great

it is surprising that men will be satisfied with the husks of formalism and the satisfaction and delusion of mere lip worship and intellectual beliefs.

How a Soul must receive the Divine Love of the Father in order to become an inhabitant of the Celestial Kingdom and the Truth concerning the Brotherhood of Man and the Fatherhood of God
TGRA, v.1:130

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Straight and Narrow Way 20 Aug 2016 02:11 #7722

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

We need to read some messages every day.

That's excellent advice Ian and reminds me of what a therapist friend said one time; what we focus on, expands in our life. Focus on fear and fear expands. Focus on love and love expands. So when we focus on the higher truths of our Heavenly Father by reading of His Love, our souls are raised above the fray and negativity around us and promotes higher consciousness and a soul condition like that of angels Divine.

The Straight and Narrow Way 20 Aug 2016 15:19 #7723

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I believe what your friend said Dan, and not only believe but have witnessed it myself and seen the same phenomenon work in others too.
"As you think, so shall you be" and "Your belief will always prove to you to be true, whether it is true or not."
There is a difference as we know between belief and truth, "one is of the mind and the other of the soul."

As I see it, the beliefs of the mind which can be anything true or not, and truths of the soul which can only be truth are completely separate things, even though the mind can believe a truth the mind still does not truthfully know. I think the soul perceptions are not activated until the mind relinquishes its hold and the mind of the soul comes fourth, and as the soul develops through receiving God's Divine Love, the process gradually eradicates all the false mind beliefs and realigns the truths it held, and then what is left is only the pure unstained truth which accumulates and deepens, never ending because there are so many truths that are constantly being revealed to that soul.

The Straight and Narrow Way 22 Aug 2016 17:17 #7739

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

When the way to obtain this love is so easy and the joy of its possession is so great it is surprising that men will be satisfied with the husks of formalism and the satisfaction and delusion of mere lip worship and intellectual beliefs.

Perhaps it is because of the difference between the mind and the soul Joan. The mind can only conceptualize what it has experienced and since it hasn't nor can experience the joy of God's Love, it knows it not and therefore seeks familiar ground.

The Straight and Narrow Way 03 Sep 2016 03:44 #7798

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
From Jesus:

"Then, the only Way to the Celestial Kingdom being by the New Birth, and that Birth being brought to men only by the inflowing and working of this Divine Love (and whether or not a man shall experience this Birth depending, in its initiative, on the man Himself), the question arises:

'How, or in what Way, can a man obtain this Divine Love, and this New Birth, and the Celestial Kingdom?'

And because

the Way is so easy and simple, it may be that men will doubt the Truth of my explanation,
and will continue to believe, and place all their hopes upon the orthodox doctrines of the vicarious atonement - the washing of the blood, my sufferings on the cross and bearing all the sins of the world, and my resurrection from the dead - doctrines as harmful to the salvation of mankind as they are without truth or foundation in fact or effect."

The Straight and Narrow Way 03 Sep 2016 14:25 #7799

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

the Way is so easy and simple, it may be that men will doubt the Truth of my explanation,

Jesus asks a question; why can't others see it; the truth of God's redemptive Love. He offers up an answer that perhaps it's so simple that it just slips right by them un-noticed. This is possible but I think it's also because they don't have the ability to see and are spiritually blind. For an individual who dwells purely in their mind, they don't have souls perceptions that are activated by God's Love and therefore are blind to any truth, the simple or the profound.