Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

The Straight and Narrow Way 03 Sep 2016 20:59 #7800

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I wanted to add this to your post Joan from the same message.

" The only Way then, is simply this: That men shall believe with all the sincerity of their minds and souls, that this Great Love of the Father is waiting to be bestowed upon each and all of them; and that when they come to the Father in faith and earnest aspirations, this Love will not be withholden from them. And, in addition to this belief, that they pray with all the earnestness and longings of their souls that, the Father will open up their souls to the inflowing of this Love, and that then may come the Holy Spirit to them to bring this Love into their souls, in such abundance that their souls may be transformed into the very Essence of the Father's Love.

The man who will thus believe and pray will never be disappointed, and the Way to the Kingdom will be his, as certainly as that the sun shines by day upon the just and the unjust alike. No mediator is needed, nor are the prayers or ceremonies of priests or preachers, for God comes to man, Himself, and hears his prayers, and responds thereto by sending the Comforter, which is the Father's Messenger for conveying this Great Divine Love into the souls of men."
The True Kingdom of Heaven That Jesus Taught on Earth - the Celestial Kingdom

I think what you wrote Dan is exactly why people do not find the way, their minds have closed their souls and they see not.
Even if the truths are presented to them in the easiest and most exact form possible as in the above message from Jesus, it will just be meaningless words to them, their minds will doubt and they won't even try to pray to the Father for their salvation.
But it is by doing what Jesus suggests that will open their souls and their soul perceptions, and if they do this the answer will come and then they will without doubt know the great importance of Jesus' teachings and find, and then know the truth, not with just their minds but with their souls, the eyes of the soul will be opened for them by God's inflowing Divine Love.
They will then know that they were once blind, but now they see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Straight and Narrow Way 04 Sep 2016 17:13 #7801

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

"The only Way then, is simply this: That men shall believe with all the sincerity of their minds and souls, that this Great Love of the Father is waiting to be bestowed upon each and all of them; and that when they come to the Father in faith and earnest aspirations, this Love will not be withholden from them.". ~ Jesus

But it is by doing what Jesus suggests that will open their souls and their soul perceptions, and if they do this the answer will come and then they will without doubt know the great importance of Jesus' teachings and find, and then know the truth, not with just their minds but with their souls, the eyes of the soul will be opened for them by God's inflowing Divine Love.

They will then know that they were once blind, but now they see.

This is such a great truth Ian and is the "great qualifier" to enable one to see truth. Thanks for sharing good brother.

Your loving friend,
Dan

The Straight and Narrow Way 04 Sep 2016 17:55 #7802

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Thanks, Ian and Dan.

I'm going to add this from that same message, Ian, as it's another good one:
But the Way thereto is simple and single.

Men were taught that Way by me when I was on earth, and could have been taught that Way during all the centuries since I left the human life. And I must say that some have been so taught and have found that Way, but comparatively few. The mortals whose ostensible and claimed mission and privilege was to teach that Way did not do so. I mean that the priests and preachers and churches neglected to teach the same. Although in earnestness, and realizing their allegiance to God and their obligations to mankind, these taught merely the way by which the observance of the moral precepts would lead men into the lower Kingdoms.

But neglect or incompleteness notwithstanding, the Bible, which most of those professing to be Christians believe contains my sayings, does set forth this Way to the Celestial Kingdom!
The words are few and the Way is plain,

and no mystery prevents men from comprehending the meaning thereof. When I said, "Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God,"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan

The Straight and Narrow Way 04 Sep 2016 21:56 #7803

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
It's one of the best messages, all you need to do really is understand this message and you get the whole meaning of what Jesus is telling us.
When Mr. Padgett was in good form they didn't waste any time in getting one of these out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan, Jan

The Straight and Narrow Way 10 Feb 2021 20:06 #8366

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Jesus wrote this message through J.E. Padgett on January 10, 1916. 

"As I said when on earth, 
Narrow is the way and strait is the gate
which leads to life everlasting and
few there be that enter therein. 

I repeat now; for it is apparent from the observation of the way in which mankind from the beginning have exercised their wills, which God leaves free to their own volition, that a vast majority of men will never enter in at the strait gate, but be contented to live in the spheres and happiness which their natural love, in its perfect state and progress, will fit them for.

That all men will ultimately be brought into harmony with God, in either the natural love or in the Higher One, is certain, and that all sin and error will finally be eradicated from God's universe is decreed, but the time will depend to a great extent, upon the wills and desires of men and, hence, while my great mission in coming to earth and teaching men was to show the way to the Celestial Kingdom, yet a lesser part of my mission was to teach them a way to their redemption from sin and error that would result in the purification of the natural love; and to my great regret and to the untold injury to man, my moral teachings were more at large set forth in portions of the Bible, as now accepted, than were my teachings of the Higher Truths."

The Importance for Mankind Seeking the Divine Love
TGRA, v.1:119