Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

The Straight and Narrow, Easy and Simple Way 29 Aug 2014 02:48 #6580

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
There is a saying: "Keep your eyes on the prize."

When I did a google search, I found the perfect answer by somebody who wrote this:

"It means to always remember your goals and what you want to achieve...even through the distractions and obstacles, always remember what it is that keeps you motivated and what you want the final outcome to be."

We here on this forum are following the "straight and narrow way," and we are keeping our eyes on the prize... receiving Divine Love in our souls which will eventually enable us to enter through the gates of the Celestial Heavens.

As Jesus said when on earth, “Strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leads to life eternal, and few there be who enter therein.”

The following is an edited excerpt of Jesus' message:

"The Real Truth of Life on Earth and what it Means to Mortals," to make it more personal to each one of us as we read and understand it's simple meaning:
  • When we come to the knowledge that we are children of the Father and under His care and protection, we will see that we must lead such lives as will fit us to become in union with the Father and be able to partake of His Love, which makes us a part of Himself.
  • There is in all of us the potentiality of becoming a part of the Divine Essence; but in order for us to partake of this Divinity, we must let the Love of the Father - in its highest nature - enter into our souls and make us at-one with Him.
  • No mere love, that is bestowed upon us as creatures of the Father's handiwork will enable us to attain to this exalted condition. The natural love of itself is not sufficient, because when that love is bestowed upon us, it is merely intended to enable us to live in a good and harmonious way with each other. It is not the Real Love that forms a part of the Divine Nature of the Father, and is not intended to make us a part of that Nature.
  • So in order for us to receive this Higher Love, we must do the Will of the Father while on earth, for after we become spirits, we will have a more difficult work in receiving the wonderful inflowing of this Divine Love.
  • The earth is the great plane of probation, and the development of our souls depends upon our correct living in accordance with those principles which the Father has established, as the means whereby we may receive this condition of Love, which alone can make us at-one with Him.

To read the original unedited version, The Real Truth of Life on Earth and what it Means to Mortals
TGRA, v.2:64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Straight and Narrow Way 29 Aug 2014 14:18 #6589

• Joan
I posted a message from Mary Kennedy on my Divine Love Writings blog and I wanted to share what she wrote to her soulmate, Dr. Leslie R. Stone, as it's right on topic and exactly how we feel as we follow the Straight and Narrow Way:

"I have been with Leslie a great deal lately and feel that he, too, is getting more of this Love in his soul, and if he could fully realize what it means, he would feel like shouting as the old Methodists sometimes do.

I sometimes wonder at what all this means, and why we should be privileged to possess this Love and have the corresponding happiness; and this I know, that no matter how much men are disappointed in the earth life or spirits in the spirit world, the Father never disappoints them who long for the Love that is free for all, but how few realize what this freedom means.

Only those whose Love from God enters and takes possession of the soul can have a possible realization of what God's free Love means."

The Straight and Narrow Way 01 Sep 2014 13:18 #6593

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The straight and narrow way is a popular Christian metaphor describing the spirutual path of a person of faith vs one who is a nonbeliever. One of faith bases their thoughts, desires and behavior on moral virtues like the 10 Commandments that enables one to renounce that which is sinful, dark and evil. A moral code is required in a society that lives together. The way is straight and narrow as it admits of no exceptions or variance unlike today's situational ethics where right and wrong is judged purely on the situation rather than a strict moral standard like the oxymoron righteous wars or obortion.

Since praying for God's Divine Love my understanding of the straight and narrow way has shifted and supercedes my previous understanding of following a strict moral code. Now I see that the only true way to God for me is through my heart and that of God. That God initiated a plan for our spiritual recovery and greater happiness through the potentiality of becoming at-one with him through the free gift of His Love acquired through it's seeking and consequent bestowal. This choice includes nothing less and nothing more than prayer to save our soul and restore us from depravity to love, from mortality to immortality. The Divine Path admits of no other beliefs or idealogy and in that sense is perhaps the most narrow spiritual path to God.

The Straight and Narrow Way 11 Aug 2016 17:08 #7703

• Joan
The beauty about the straight and narrow way is it's simplicity.

The first challenge is discovering what that way is. Ian's website exists to help all people find the way... by sharing Jesus' teachings, which explain what we need to do to start the process.

The second is embracing the teachings and coming to the understanding that the information contained therein is true.

The third is to pray for Divine Love. Jesus helped us by writing the Prayer for Divine Love, which is on the website and is translated into several different languages.

If you do the above three things, you're on the straight and narrow way. It's that easy.

The final challenge is to stay on it. :)

The Straight and Narrow Way 11 Aug 2016 22:02 #7705

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
We are so fortunate to have found these messages because without them I think progress would be very slow or maybe none at all.
They tell us exactly how to do it and it's easy! and when we pray to the Father and the saving Divine Love comes, then we know for sure that what we have been told is true, and as you say Joan, the next period in this progression is staying on the narrow road that leads to The Father and leads to eternal life.

The Straight and Narrow Way 18 Aug 2016 18:10 #7720

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
We need to read some messages every day and let them sink in, when I do this I see everything differently and I know what is the most important thing, that's when the Divine Love comes. Another thing happens too, life becomes easier and worries are removed.

You can grab the bull by the horns (life) if you want, but eventually it will toss you to the ground.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan