Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Awakening of the Soul 28 Jun 2013 21:33 #5903

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
We, who have received God's Divine Love, have already had an awakening of our soul in order to receive its inflowing from the Holy Spirit.

This excerpt is from Jesus' message, "How the redeemed soul is saved from the penalties which sin and error has brought upon it," and explains why our soul must be awakened before we may be so blessed.

"When the soul is in a condition of sin and error, it is not responsive to the inflowing of the Holy Spirit, and in order to get into a condition of receptivity to these influences, it must have an awakening as to its actual condition of enslavement by these things; and until such an awakening comes to it, there is no possibility of its receiving the Love of God into it, and of turning its thoughts to the Truths of God and to the practices of life that will help it in its progress towards a condition of freedom.

I would not have mankind believe that any soul is compelled to stay in this condition of slavery to sin until the Holy Spirit comes to it with the Father's Love to bestow it in all abundance, for the mission of the Holy Spirit is not to awaken man's soul to a realization of sin and death, but merely to bring to that soul this Love when it, the soul, is ready to receive it.

The awakening must come from other causes that influence the mind - as well as the soul - and cause them to realize that the life man lives is not the correct life or one in accord with the demands of the Laws of God, or with the real longings of their own hearts and souls.

Until this awakening comes, the soul is really dead so far as its having a consciousness of the existence of the truths of its redemption is concerned, and such death means a continuance in such thoughts of sin and evil, and in the life which leads only to condemnation and death for long long years it may be."

Read the full message How the Redeemed Soul Is Saved from the Penalties That Sin and Error Have Brought Upon It

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Awakening of the Soul 05 Jul 2013 14:47 #5908

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Regarding the awakening of the soul I was lying in bed last night and this morning like most evenings and mornings contemplating trying to stop the movie reels of my material thoughts and wanting to get into a soulful state. I'm probably like most of you that is burdened with a preponderance of thought that is anything but spiritual as we muse over what has happened and what is to be. How do we over ride these movies that seem to run 24/7 in our minds? How do we awaken our soul from it's slumber as it's overshadowed by those things that appear urgent and important?

I realized that I cannot shut these thoughts down and over ride them without outside help. Essentially I feel powerless in the face of this challenge and therefore appeal to the one who can; my Heavenly Father. Prayer is the means or the way as it were that I try to break through the wall of my material thoughts and arise to a higher level of the soul where I find my Heavenly Father and His Love. This is that special place where I find peace and refuge, safety and security from this world and the world of mundane thought. This is my way of awakening my soul and finding a heaven of love and peace in my Heavenly Father.

Love,
Dan

Re: Awakening of the Soul 26 Jul 2013 21:19 #5925

• Joan
Hey Dan,

The same thing happens with me with TMI (too much information) being streamed into my brain all day long from various sources. Thank God, that we know the "secret" to getting it removed in practically a flash. I just ask God to release all those thoughts and let them go.

Recently, a friend asked me if I wanted to see a movie with her. Well, I told her "No," for the very reason that I don't want any of those images embedded in my memory bank. This is another reason why I stopped watching goofy television shows and reading most fiction books. I found that the characters and situations that arose from this medium stayed with me long after they should be there... like never!

I guess you could say that my soul was awakened to that aspect... but I'm still a work in progress nevertheless as there will always be distractions while I'm still amongst the living here on earth. :)

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re: Awakening of the Soul 26 Nov 2013 21:35 #6133

• Joan
More on the awakening of the soul:

"Life is short and time is fleeting, even though a man may live his allotted time of three score and ten years. And there is no place in all God's Universe, where it is so important that man should start on his way to eternal progress as in the earth life. There, the soul should have its awakening, and be fed with thoughts and strivings for spiritual things.

When the start is thus made on earth, it is so much easier for the continuous progress of the soul in the spirit world. If not, the awakening may be delayed for years, and the progress which follows it may be, and is generally very slow.

So I say, let men not devote so much of their time to those things which are of time only, while they remain in the world of time until the mortal becomes a spirit.

Thoughts are things; and when applied to man's spiritual development, they are things of the most vital importance. A little thought may lead a soul to a dormant, hardly living state, or cause it to grow and increase into a thing of beauty and harmony with the spiritual possibilities of its possessor. And, as it has been said, where your treasures are, there will your heart be also. And so will your thoughts be that turn man's soul into darkness, or light."

Read the full message The Necessity for Men Turning Their Thoughts to Spiritual Things

Re: Awakening of the Soul 24 Dec 2013 19:01 #6206

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
Meditation is important in the pursuit of Divine Love, while you are not watching videos or doing pleasurable things just use the time to reflect and meditate. I like to read books on spiritist teachings, as it helps to enlighten my thinking about the Padgett messages. When I read a book that has so many of the same truths that the Padgett messages have, it helps to strengthen what I already know.

I have read over a dozen books in the last two years that were written by mediums telling the stories of spirits experiences in the world beyond. They all have said basically the same thing, we are the masters of our own positions and through the good deeds we perform on both sides establishes our progression. There are multiple levels or spheres each one more beautiful than the last until you reach the gate to the Celestial Heavens. No one can pass until you are worthy and everyone has the opportunity to reach that level. Everyone is asked to help the lower spirits to realize that the creeds and dogmas of the Earthly religions are wrong and that there is more to the spirit life than stagnation in an undesirable realm of darkness. The material world is only a blink in the process and all is about progression to the Celestial Heavens to reach our father once again.

Re: Awakening of the Soul 03 Feb 2014 16:16 #6311

• Joan
MichaelD wrote:

The material world is only a blink in the process and all is about progression to the Celestial Heavens to reach our father once again.

Loved your post, Michael.

I just wanted to add that those of us who have had a soul awakening to the truth and receive God's Divine Love in our souls are making the most of this short time on planet earth while others may just go around blinking and not paying attention to the bigger picture... or that there even is a bigger picture.

May our souls be forever lifted to our Father's waiting Love and may those who haven't yet gotten a clue... get one. :cheer:

• Page: