Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What does it mean to be "Born Again?" 03 Aug 2012 16:12 #5814

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
During Jesus' time on earth, he told Nicodemus that "You must be born again." What did he mean by that? In Jesus' writings to James E. Padgett, he revealed the true meaning of what it means to be "Born Again." The following is an excerpt from one of his messages:

No man can come to the Father's Love except he be "Born Again." This is the great and fundamental Truth, which men must learn and believe for without this "New Birth" men cannot partake of the Divine Essence of God's Love, which - when possessed by man - makes him at-one with the Father.

This Love comes to men through the workings of the Holy Spirit - causing it to flow into the heart and soul - and filling it so that all sin tends to make them unhappy. Yet, without this Love within, they will be only natural men and nothing more.

I came into the world to show men the Way to this Divine Love of the Father and to teach them His Spiritual Truths. My mission was that in all its perfection and, incidentally, to teach them the way to greater happiness on earth as well as in the spirit world, even though they neglected to seek for and obtain this Divine Love to become one with the Father.

Let men ponder this momentous question, and they will learn that the happiness of mortal man and the happiness of the man who has obtained this Attribute of Divinity is very different and, in all eternity, must be and remain distinct and separate.

My teachings are not very hard to understand and follow when I say that, a man cannot become of the Nature of the Divine - unless the Divine first comes into that man and makes him a part of Its Own Divinity.

To read Jesus' complete message, click here .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What does it mean to be "Born Again?" 03 Sep 2012 04:37 #5868

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Joan and thank you for introducing this topic for discussion. Today we hear the term Born Again Christian which theoretically describes one who has been born again according to the teachings of Jesus. However when asked if they have been born again and what that means, many times the answer is very different than the one described by Jesus to Nicodemus. Usually a Born Again Christian will say they are born again when they accept Jesus Christ as their personal saviour or have been born again through the blood of Jesus.

Jesus reveals to mankind through his revelatory messages through James Padgett that he was not a ransom sacrifice for sin and his blood does not take away the sins of the world despite our beliefs to the same. It is not God's Will that Jesus or any human sacrifice is necessary to appease His alleged wrath as He has none. God is a God of Love and not judgement and condemnation as Chritianity would have us believe. It was not God's intention that Jesus should die such a cruel and senseless death. It was in Jesus' life and in his teachings like the one here to Nichodemus that Jesus fulfills his mission to God; not in his death.

Jesus' teaching to Nichodemus describes how we can take personal responsibility for our own salvation, not through some mysterious vicarious atonement that has no reality. Being born again to me is to pray for God's Divine Love as that transforming substance that causes more than just a cleaning but completely remakes the human soul into a Divine Soul, like that of it's creator. No, we don't become God but we do become like Him in our love nature. This soul transformation is so revolutionary in it's dynamic affect upon the mortal soul that it becomes immortal just like God. However this is not just a one time prayer and event that transforms a mortal into an immortal overnight. It is a process of many prayers for God's Love to transform our soul and takes many years to achieve. This is the re-birth of the soul that Jesus called being born again to Nichodemus and one that is available to all of God's children. Further, this gift of being born again is available here on earth and in the after life. Redemption is available beyond the grave. So, don't delay your own redemption and pray for God's Divine Love to come into your soul and cause your own re-birth.

With love,
Dan

Re: What does it mean to be "Born Again?" 10 Sep 2012 14:52 #5880

• Joan
On July 30, 1915, Nicodemus writes his first message through James E. Padgett about what it means to be Born Again. The following is an excerpt:

"A master in Israel and, yet, I did not understand this New Birth.

How few understood it then, and how few now.

Oh, the long years that have gone by since Jesus told me that I must be Born Again to inherit eternal life, and how comparatively seldom this great truth is taught by the churches and the teachers of religious matters.

This truth is at the very foundation of mankind's redemption, and until a man receives this New Birth, he cannot possibly enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Men may claim to have faith in God and believe on Jesus' name and conform to all the essentials and sacraments of the churches and, yet, unless they have this New Birth, their faith and works as Christians are in vain.

This I know from my own experience as well as from the teachings of the Master, and I desire to emphasize, with all the powers that I have, that it is the only important requirement to immortality. The New Birth means the flowing into the soul of a man - the Divine Love of the Father - so that that man becomes, as it were, a part of the Father in His Divinity and Immortality.

When this truth comes to a man, he commences to take on himself the Divine nature of the Father and all that part of him, that may be called the natural nature, commences to leave him, and as the Divine Love continues to grow and fill his soul, the natural love and affections for things of the earth will disappear and, as a result, he will become at-one with the Father and immortal.

Why don't those who profess to be teachers of Jesus' truths - which are the truths of the Father - and all followers of him, pay more attention to this vital truth?

When you shall have received the messages from the Master, I think you will find this Truth of the New Birth to be the one thing that Jesus will emphasize and reiterate most. It is the most important thing for men, not only to hear about and acquiesce in their intellectual beliefs, but also to actually experience.

Nicodemus, on the importance of the New Birth

Re: What does it mean to be "Born Again?" 08 Oct 2012 18:14 #5887

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
It baffles me how this one rule has been so misunderstood for centuries. Not one religion on the face of the earth has gotten that right. They refer to "born again" as the resurrection or being born to Christianity but never understood that it was so simple. Your soul must be born or awakened to receive God's Divine Love in to it.

What is meant by "Divine Nature"? 20 Jul 2013 04:21 #5916

• Joan
I was looking for a message by Luke earlier today when I ran across this one by St. Stephen on "What is the meaning of the Divine Nature, which the soul of man partakes of, upon the transformation of that soul, by the inflowing and possession of the Divine Love." As I read and comprehended each paragraph, it moved me to tears, so I thought I would share excerpts of it below:

"I will not attempt to discuss who or what God is, except as to one of His qualities or attributes, and that the greatest - for you must know that all the qualities of God are not of equal greatness, or degree of importance in the workings of His essence of substance. All, of course, partake of His Divine Being, but, as you might say, there is a difference in the workings and scope of their operations.

You have been told that the Divine is, that which has in it, to a sufficient degree, the very Substance and Essence of God, Himself; and this is true, for Divinity belongs to God alone, and can be possessed by others, spirits or mortals, only when He has transfused into or bestowed upon the souls of men a portion of this Divinity, and to the extent thereof made them a part of Himself. ....

God is wholly Divine, and every part and attribute of Him is Divine, and while they are parts of the whole, yet they may be separated in their workings and bestowals; and the man or soul that is the recipient of the bestowal of one of these qualities, or attributes is not necessarily the recipient of the others. Omnipotence and omniscience, are those attributes of God's Divinity, which He never bestows upon the souls of men or spirits, and as to them He is the exclusive possessor, although in all His attributes there are powers and knowledge, and they accompany the bestowal of all attributes of which they are parts; and one of these Divine attributes may be bestowed upon man, and yet man not become Deity."

To read the whole message, go here .

• Page: