Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The difference between an intellectual spirit and one who possesses God's Divine Love 24 Jun 2012 16:45 #5804

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
I posted a message today on my Divine Love Writings blog that I wanted to share. It was written by a spirit A.G. Riddle, who was a former law partner of James E. Padgett. Because of the abilities that he had acquired for argument and debate as an attorney, his interview with an intellectual spirit who believed the mind was the all-in-all is worth reading. I work for attorneys and I've been to a couple of trials where I've seen attorneys "grill" witnesses, so this account is something I can relate to and I give a two thumbs up to A.G. Riddle for his tireless efforts to present the evidence that there is something far more important than the mere intellect - the power of God's Divine Love.

"I am here, your old partner, A.G. Riddle.

Well, I want to tell you of that man with the wonderful mind, who surpasses every other spirit in his knowledge of the laws of the spirit world. I had a conversation with him and I found that he knew comparatively little of anything.

His knowledge consisted in not knowing what there is for him to know. He had certain ideas about the spirit world, but they were few and superficial. He was so convinced that he had learned everything there is to know that he was not capable of learning more. I soon found that his capacity for learning was limited by his horizon of what he didn't know, that is, he thought that as he knew everything; there was nothing in all God's universe that was left to him to learn.

His was the greatest case of a man who was possessed of all knowledge that I have ever met. Just as soon as we commenced to converse, I saw that the only way to deal with him was to let him think that his is the great mind that he believed it to be, and so I posed as one who was inferior to him in intellect and one willing to sit at the feet of Gamiel to learn."

Read more here: A.G. Riddle writes about an interview with an intellectual spirit who knew comparatively little of anything

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The difference between an intellectual spirit and one who possesses God's Divine Love 17 Jul 2012 15:43 #5810

• Joan
Here is another good message from Princess Saleeba, an Ancient Egyptian spirit, who writes of her life on earth. Being a spirit in the intellectual sphere, the Sixth Sphere, she had been told many times about the Father's Love, but she never gave it too much thought, because she was relatively happy living in peace and harmony where she was. She had been to the earth plane many times and learned that James Padgett was helping spirits in ways that higher spirits could not. Saleeba desired to know the secret of obtaining Divine Love when she realized that the higher spirits were more beautiful than she.

The message is quite long, but I wanted to share this paragraph:

"My soul has never felt the influence of this Love, and I had never before thought it necessary for me to seek the secret of obtaining the benefit of this Love. But I now see that there is something more to this secret than the mere knowledge of the Love's existence, which the mind tells me must exist. And so having, in my journeys to earth, heard of your meetings with the spirits who are seeking this Love, or rather a way out of their darkness and sufferings, and having seen the effect of some of their efforts, I came to you to learn the way, if possible, by which I may obtain the soul experience which I have heard you, and the beautiful spirits who come to you, speak of."

To read more of Princess Saleeba's amazing testimony, click here .

Re:The difference between an intellectual spirit and one who possesses God's Divine Love 01 Sep 2016 19:39 #7793

• Joan
I just read a great message from a spirit who thought the mind was all he needed. After he passed over, he couldn't understand why he was in darkness. Higher spirits came to him several times and he saw their brightness and happiness, but he concluded it must be because they were Christians on earth. He couldn't grasp that there was something more important than the mind.

This is what he wrote after he finally took the giant step and began praying for Divine Love and progressing to the Third Sphere:

... my advice to all mortals, based on my own personal experience, is to seek the development of the soul with all their might and earnest efforts - the development of the mind will follow. And this they can commence while yet on earth, and then they will find that progress will be much more rapid, and easier, after they have crossed the borderline.

Click the link to read the full message:

The Soul's Progression, as I Have Experienced It
TGRA, V1:165

• Page: