Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re: Message from Aaron 03 Mar 2012 15:33 #5670

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Excerpt from Aaron, prophet and brother of Moses, received on October 23, 1915:

I am the spirit of Aaron, the prophet of the Old Testament and the brother of Moses, as it is written. I merely want to say that as you read the message from the spirit of Henry Ward Beecher, I read also, and that is a wonderful description of what immortality is, and how it first was given to mankind after the fall of the first parents.

I know the truth of what he wrote, for I experienced the want of this Divine Love for many thousand years before the coming of Jesus and the rebestowal of this Divine Love, which is the only thing in all God's universe that can bring to man immortality.

So, let this great truth be preached to all the world, and let man know that until he gets this Divine Love he can never become immortal. It is so difficult for man to understand this truth, and for those who come forward as the teachers of men in spiritual things to comprehend that only this Love will save them from their sins, and make them a part of the Divinity of the Father - and certain of immortality.

I lived at a time when we had not the privilege of getting this Love and, as a consequence, immortality, and we had to find our happiness in our natural love, and that meant a love towards God as well as towards our fellow man; but this love, while it enabled us to experience much happiness, yet it did not give that Divine Essence or nature which now makes our happiness supreme and also at-one with the Father.

I had many experiences in teaching the Hebrew children that there was only one God, but at that time my conception of God was not what it is now. I then thought more of Him as a God of wrath and jealousy than as a God of Love and mercy.

In my contest with the magicians of the Egyptian Pharaohs, I was afforded the help of the spirit world, and unusual powers were given me, such as I had never had before nor ever afterwards; but it was for the purpose of causing the king to let the people of God, as we called ourselves, depart from Egypt. When this was accomplished, I never again possessed those powers or had any occasion to....

Click here to read more of Aaron's message: Aaron, a Prophet of the Old Testament and Brother of Moses, Discusses Immortality and the Necessity for Divine Love

Click here to read the message from Henry Ward Beecher, which Aaron refers to in his first paragraph: Henry Ward Beecher was a Congregationalist Preacher and is Now a Follower of Jesus' Teachings of Divine Love

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Message from Moses 21 Mar 2012 20:28 #5718

• Joan
Excerpt from a message from Moses received by James E. Padgett on November 9, 1915:

I am here, Moses, the prophet of God of ancient days.

I have been with you on several occasions when some of the ancient spirits wrote to you, and I was much interested. I am still the faithful servant of God, but in addition I am a believer in Jesus, who is the greatest of all the sons of the Father, and the only one of all God's messengers who brought Life and Immortality to light. I could not have said this before his coming, I mean that I could not have said that other great reformers and teachers of the truths of God had not done this, because I did not know what Life and Immortality meant before the coming of Jesus. No man or spirit before that time knew this Great Truth.

I am now in the Celestial Heavens with many of the old prophets and seers who have received this Great Gift of the Divine Love. And many who lived and died since Jesus' time are also Celestial Spirits, partaking of Immortality.

I now see that many of my teachings were not true; that love did not enter into them, but rather the spirit of retaliation, which is absolutely no part of the truths of the Father.

The Jews still look upon me as their great teacher and lawgiver, and many of them observe my laws literally. And I want to tell you this fact because I believe that when you publish the messages of the Master, should you publish also what I may write, many Jews will believe me; and also that I and many of those who taught my teachings, are now engaged in showing the spirits of Jews who come into the spirit world the Truths as taught by the Master.

Read more here: Moses Emphasizes the Importance of the Jews Learning the Truths of God as Proclaimed by Jesus

Re: Message from Samuel the Prophet 26 Mar 2012 16:32 #5725

• Joan
Excerpt from a message from Samuel the Prophet received by James E. Padgett on January 17, 1916:

I am here, Samuel, Yes, Samuel, the prophet.

Well, I will not write long tonight, as I merely want to say that you are much better in your spiritual condition, and the rapport between us is so much greater than heretofore.

Tonight, I desire to say one word on the subject of my knowledge of how a soul is born into the flesh and becomes an individualized person.

I heard what Luke wrote you, and I agree with him in his explanation of the character and qualities of the soul in its state before its incarnation; but I want to add one other thing to what he wrote, and that is, that when the soul first separates into its two component parts, and one of these parts enters into the physical body, the other part remains a mere soul, invisible even to us, but having an existence of which we are conscious, and hovers close to the earth plane seeking the opportunity to also incarnate and become individualized; and this happens within a short time after the separation from the half that has already incarnated.

Of course, when I say a short time, I do not mean in a few months or even a few years, because sometimes there is a space of several scores of years between the two incarnations; but such time seems short to us who know nothing of time.

The soul which remains, as Luke has told you, as well as the soul that enters the human body, loses its consciousness of having been a part only of one complete soul, and of its relationship to the other part of that soul, and exists in the supposition that it is still a complete soul and needs no other soul to make it complete. This is a provision of the Father's goodness, so that the soul that continues in its pristine existence will not become lonely or unhappy.

You will naturally ask how I know this, as we have said these souls are not visible to us, and I can only answer that we spirits who have developed our souls to a high degree have acquired certain faculties, or what you may call senses, which enable us to know these things. It is not necessary that we should see these unindividualized souls in order to know of their existences and the qualities that they possess, any more than it is that we should be able to see the Great Oversoul of the Father in order to understand its qualities and attributes and existence. I know it is hard for you to understand this, and I cannot now satisfactorily explain it, for your senses of the earth life are not capable of comprehending the explanation, but what I tell you is true.

We often see the birth of the two parts of the souls into mortals and know that such souls then, for the first time, assumes a shape and form, for this invisible image of God fills the whole of the spirit body, and from that body assumes or receives its form, and thereby becomes individualized.

The soul is the life of the spirit body and never leaves it during the earth life of the mortal; and comes with it at the death of the physical body, and remains a part of it during all the time of the existence of the spirit body in the spirit world. Whether it can ever become lost is a question upon which I shall write you later. You will remember that Jesus said, according to the Bible, "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?"

I will say this though, at this time, that a man may retain his soul as a fact and yet have a consciousness of having lost it, and he is then as if he had no soul.

I have said to you what I intended to write, because Luke had omitted to speak of the condition of that half of the soul that remained in the spirit world, after the other half had been incarnated.

To read more, click here: How a Soul is Born into the Flesh and becomes an Individualized Person

Re: Message from Samuel the Prophet 06 Apr 2012 17:31 #5734

• Joan
Excerpt from a message from Samuel received by James E. Padgett on March 21, 1916:

I am here, Samuel.

I desire to write for a short time on a subject that is of importance to those who are in doubt as to the reality of the future life.

I know that a vast majority of mortals believe in a future existence and the immortality of the soul, but there are a considerable number of mortals who do not know these facts or who have no belief regarding the matter, and simply say "I don't know." It is to these latter persons that I wish to write.

In the first place, all persons know, if they know anything, that they are living, and that sooner or later what they call death is inevitable, no matter from what cause it may take place. To live then, implies that there is such a thing as continuous life; and to die, to these people, demonstrates that the life with which they are acquainted ceases, and that the material body in which this life manifests itself gradually disintegrates into the original elements that composed that body.

Now a man being a materialist purely, would seem to be correct in his conclusions that when life, which could be manifested only through the material things of nature, ceases and the body becomes inanimate and dead, that then is the end not only of the body but of the individual. And if there existed no other manifestation of life than this physical one, there would be no foundation upon which to base the assumption that the death of the body does not end all.

I know it has been asserted in the way of argument, that even though the material parts of vegetation die, yet as Spring comes round, these materials show forth again the life that had previously manifested itself, and therefore, by analogy, the death of the human body merely means that its life will appear again in evidence in some other body or form.

But upon close investigation and exact reasoning, it will be seen that the two subjects of demonstration are not alike, because while the material of the vegetable kingdom apparently dies, yet it does not all die, for even though you may apparently see the particular body of the tree or plant or every part of it go into decay or rottenness, yet as a fact, this is not true. The whole of the material plant which enclosed or manifested life, does not die until, out of it a new body arises and grows, and the life that animated the body that appears to have died, continues in it awaiting the new growth for its display of existence.

The flower dies and the bush upon which it grows may appear to die, yet the roots continue to enclose the life principle which causes the bush to grow again, and which has its genesis in these roots, and is the same life that originally existed in the bush. Pluck up the bush by the roots and expose them to the elements until they die, and commence to disintegrate, and then replant them, and you will find they will not grow for the reason that the life which had animated them has departed.

And the same conclusions will be reached when you apply the same investigation and reasoning to every species of the vegetable kingdom. The grain of corn though apparently dead, is in reality not dead, but continues to contain the life principle which was the cause of the growth of the stalk and the blade and the ear in the blade. Nothing of the vegetable kingdom will be reproduced or form the basis of a new growth, unless some part of the old growth retains in it the life force.

In man's investigation of the wonders of vegetable life, he has discovered that a grain of corn that had been entombed in the hands of an Egyptian mummy for more than three thousand years, when planted in the ground reproduced the stalk and blade and ear of corn, just as the original material body had produced. And why? Not because when the grain of corn was planted in the earth it received unto itself new life, or any force that was not already in it, but because the grain had never ceased to be without the life that existed in it as it grew from the original seed to the perfect grain.

The grain had never lost its life and had never died, though apparently it had. Always, there was some part of the original body that continued to exist and that held enclosed in itself the life principle. Without the preservation of some part of the original body, there could never have been a manifestation of the life that caused the growth of that body.

This phenomena, as you call it, was not the resurrection of a material body that had died and become disintegrated and nonexistent, but was merely the resurrection of that part of the old body, that had never died but had always retained in it the life principle. And this I say, is no argument for the future existence of man, as viewed from a purely material aspect.

When the body of a man dies it is eternally destroyed, either by natural decay or by incineration or, so that no portion of his body remains in which the life principle may be preserved; and so far as the material body is involved, it utterly disappears--no roots remain in the ground and no grain or seed of it is preserved from which a new body may arise.

So I say, the phenomena of the vegetable apparently dying and after a season springing forth again and producing a body similar to the one that had formerly lived and died, furnishes no demonstration or argument from which, logically, can be drawn the conclusion that when a man dies he will not cease to exist, or will live again.

To read more of this message, as well as Samuel's second message of March 30, 1916, click on this link: Continuous life of a man, after the death of the body as shown by the manifestations of nature, is not conclusive

Re: Message from Elias the Prophet 26 Apr 2012 16:34 #5746

• Joan
A short message from Elias the Prophet, who introduces himself to James E. Padgett on March 24, 1916, and makes arrangement to write again so that he will be included in the Book of Truths (which was subsequently published by Dr. Leslie R. Stone):

I am here, Elias the Prophet:

I am a stranger to you, but you are not to me for I know all about you and the great work you are doing and will have to do.

I understand that you are tired tonight and I will not write more. I only wish to say that when the opportunity presents itself, I should like to write you a message so that I may not be left from the Book of Truths, which you shall publish.

Well, I am glad that you feel that way. I am your brother and friend and a follower of the Master. I am in the Celestial Spheres in a place very near the highest spirits who are my associates. I will write to you fully when I come.

With my love and blessing, I will say good night.

Elias

Re: Message from Saul 02 May 2012 14:31 #5752

• Joan
This is Saul's testimony received by James E. Padgett on April 7, 1916:

I am here, Saul.

I very much desire to write a short message tonight as I promised you a short time ago. I will not detain you very long, and will try to make my message as succinct as possible.

I know that many men look upon me, as depicted in the Old Testament, as having been a great sinner and violator of God's laws. Well, that is largely true, for I did not let God's Will control me as I should have done, and consequently, I became in discord with His Will, and did many things that were contrary to His Laws. Of course my knowledge of these laws was limited to the teachings of Moses and the prophets, as they were given to me by tradition and word of mouth.

The books which are part of the Old Testament were not written in my time, and many of these laws came to me by tradition. The Old Testament contains many sayings which were written long after the times that they purport to have occurred, and many things therein declared never had any existence, except in the minds of men, who, at much later periods, conceived that it might be wise to write these things. Many alleged incidents connected with my life, never had an existence, and were merely the fictions written by subsequent writers.

We had very few writings in the shape of manuscript in my time, and men depended upon tradition and memory.

Well, the history of my life and doings, was not written at the time it purports to have been written. I was a real person and a king, and some records of me and my people were actually written, but they were very few, and as time went by the imagination and ingenuity added to them in the way of tradition, and then those books relating to me, as they are now contained in the Bible, were compiled from some of these writings and from tradition.

The story of my experience with the witch of Endor, as she is called, was not written at the time; but it is a fact that I had visited her, and had an experience somewhat similar to that related in the Bible. I had with me at the time of my visit, some of my followers, and they saw and heard what took place, and after my death, they repeated and described what had taken place to my countrymen, and also to the followers of David; and some parts of this occurrence became inscribed on the materials which we used to preserve some of the occurrences of those times. But there was not kept any accurate history of the scene. The people of those days had retentive memories, and for long years afterwards this incident of my life was handed down from generation to generation, and some parts thereof were written by some scribes and other parts by other scribes.

I merely write you this to show that you need not give credit to the supposed truths of many sayings of the Old Testament, for many of these accounts had no existence.

I know that what I have written is not of much importance, but while you are receiving these truths, you had as well learn something of what was true in my life.

I will not write more tonight, so thanking you, I will say good night.

Your brother in Christ,

Saul