Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Messages from Spirits of the Old Testament 26 Jan 2012 21:31 #5571

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
This thread is for messages written through James E. Padgett by prominent men of the Bible in the Old Testament. They didn't have the privilege of receiving God's Divine Love because it wasn't available during their lifetimes. So learning about their soul's progression during the years 1914-1923, I thought would be an interesting topic.

Here's an excerpt of a message from Solomon, who wrote on June 27, 1915:

I know Paul and John and converse with them sometimes, but do not live in as high a sphere as do they. Wisdom which I was said to have had in a preeminent degree, is not the equal of Love in elevating a spirit in the Father's kingdom; and they are possessed of more of this Love than am I. Yet I have great hope that someday I will get this great soul filling Love to a degree that will enable me to live with them and the others of the followers of the Master. I mean his disciples.

I became a follower of the Master many years ago, and know that he is the only Way to the Father - and I mean by that, the Way which his teachings show is the only Way. It may seem a little surprising to you that I, said to have been such a wise and good man, am not as exalted as are the disciples. Well, while I lived and died many years before the disciples, and one would suppose that I made more rapid progress than they, yet such is not the fact, because my progress prior to the coming of Jesus was purely intellectual, and after his coming it was a long time before I started on my soul's progression. So you must remember that the fact that a spirit who is called an ancient spirit, does not mean that it is very highly exalted in the spheres - because a spirit prior to Jesus' coming to earth could only make intellectual and soul progress in the natural love and then not higher than the sixth sphere of the spiritual spheres. But after his coming, and rebestowal by God of Immortality and the Divine Love on mankind, the ancients had the opportunity to make soul progression which was intended, and would enable them to ascend to the higher Celestial Spheres.

To read more, click on this link: Solomon of the Old Testament is a Follower of Jesus and Possesses Divine Love

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Message from Daniel 28 Jan 2012 15:13 #5575

• Joan
Here's an excerpt from a message by Daniel written on July 21, 1915:

I am a follower of the Master, although I lived on earth many years before he came to announce the rebestowal of the great Divine Love of the Father and show the way by which every man who so desires may obtain it.

I never knew what this Love was until Jesus came and declared it to man and to spirits, as he did. And when he came to the spirit world, after his crucifixion, he preached to us, who were in the spiritual spheres, the great doctrine of God's plan of salvation.

Men must not think that mortals are the only recipients of this Love, or that they are the only ones that had the privilege of learning the way to this Love, for, as I tell you, Jesus came to the spirits who lived in the spiritual heavens and made known this great plan and taught the way to Immortality.

I was, before his coming, a spirit who enjoyed the favor of the Father to the extent that my natural love was developed to the highest degree, and in that love I was comparatively happy. I also possessed great intellectual development but as to the Divine Love, which I now possess, I knew nothing of, nor did any spirit then living.

This may seem strange to you, because from my history as contained in the Old Testament, you would naturally suppose that I was in high favor with God, and so I was. But that favor extended no further than in receiving from Him a very great amount of the natural love which He had bestowed on all mankind, and in knowing by my spiritual perceptions and the power of a psychic nature, which I possessed, that God was caring for me and using me to convince the heathen nations that there was only one God, and that He alone should be worshiped.

Never did I know the reality of what the Divine Love was, or that I was not in position other than I might have been, had not that Love been taken from mankind when our great earthly father committed his fatal act of disobedience. No spirit in those times before the coming of Jesus could possibly progress higher than the sphere where this natural love and intellectual development existed in their greatest degree of perfection.

So you see, I was never a spirit possessed of this Divine nature until after the coming of the Master. And you will find nowhere in the Old Testament any declaration or promise the man should possess this Divine nature, and we who lived in the days of my earthly life were satisfied with and expected only the favors and gifts of God as they might affect our earthly prosperity and happiness.

I was a prophet, as it is written, and God spoke to me through His spirits the things which I declared to the people and also enabled me to foretell many things which would and did happen. But this great favor and gift did not bring to me the possession of the Divine Love or nature of the Father and when I came to die, I passed to the spirit world a spirit possessed only of the natural love and the great moral development which my communications from my associations with which the spirits of the Father had given me.

So man must not think that we of the Old Testament, no matter whether prophet or seer or the specially favored by God, ever had this Divine Essence of His while we lived on earth, or while we existed as spirits, before the coming of Jesus.

To read more, click on this link: Daniel, Prophet of God of the Old Testament, Shares His Testimony

Re: Message from Samuel 30 Jan 2012 14:17 #5582

• Joan
Here is an excerpt from a message from Samuel received on July 21, 1915.

I am the same Samuel whom the woman of Endor called from the spirit world to show Saul his doom, and as I come to you tonight, I came to her at that time, only my purpose is not the same, and I am not the same spirit in my qualifications.

I am now a Christian and know what the Divine Love of the Father means, while then, I did not, and was a spirit living in comparative happiness and existing in the consciousness that I had done my work on earth, and was then enjoying the repose of the righteous; for as we understood that word then in both the mortal and spirit worlds, I was a righteous man.

I come to you tonight, because I see that you have been chosen to do the great work of the Master in His efforts to redeem mankind from their lives of sin and error, and to show them the way by which they may partake of the Divine nature of the Father and obtain immortality.

How much more mankind, and spirits too, are blessed now than they were when I was a mortal, and for a long time after I became a spirit. My God then and your God now, are the same, but His Great Gift of Divine Love was not in existence then as It is now. And so you and all other mortals should realize the great privilege you have because of this Gift and the gift of Jesus to explain, and show the Way by which that Love may be obtained, and that freely without mental exercise of a high order, but merely by the longings and aspirations of the soul in its desires to become a part of the Father's Divinity.

I tell you that the ways of God are wonderful and mysterious, and His Plans, while to us may seem to be working slowly, yet they are working surely, and will be accomplished in His Own fullness of time.

To read more, click on this link: Samuel, Prophet of God of the Old Testament, Shares His Testimony

Re: Message from Saul 07 Feb 2012 16:18 #5596

• Joan
Excerpt from Saul received on August 7, 1915:

I am the same Saul that called up Samuel, or rather who caused the woman of Endor to do so.

I was a wicked man in those days, and knew not the love of God, and very little of my fellow mortals. I was a cruel man and a worker of iniquity, and violated God's laws in many ways.

As you have read, I came to the end of my resources and went to consult Samuel as the last resort. I did not know that God had abandoned me until Samuel had told me.

Yes, He did and was my protector as long as I obeyed Him and did what was right in His sight. I know that He did, because when I obeyed Him, I was successful and happy.

I only knew from what the prophets told me, and they claimed to have communications with God in some way. I believed this and, hence, thought that God was protecting me.

I am a redeemed spirit now and am happy in the Love of the Father. I became a lover of the Father and an inhabitant of His Kingdom long after Jesus proclaimed the Great Truth of Divine Love restored. Before that I was a spirit who lived in the happiness which I experienced in developing my soul and becoming a good spirit, free from sin and error. But this happiness is not that which I now enjoy.

I want to confirm what Samuel said as to the woman of Endor. She was not a witch or evil woman, but was a medium and received communications from the higher spirits of the spirit world. She had been abused for centuries, and should not be further thought of as a wicked woman.

To read more, click here: Saul of the Old Testament, Once a Wicked Man, is a Redeemed Spirit in the Love of the Father

Re: Message from Lot 16 Feb 2012 15:31 #5603

• Joan
Excerpt from Lot received on August 10, 1915:

I come because I now am a follower of the Master, and want to add my testimony to that of others of olden times who have written you that Jesus is alive and the ruler in the Celestial Heavens, and is now working among men and spirits to show them the way to eternal life, and the Divine Love of the Father.

I am not a Hebrew who would have denied him had I lived when he came to the earth for in my thoughts and belief, I expected the coming of the Messiah and to me Jesus was that Messiah in all the qualities and spiritual possessions that I expected him to have.

Of course, when I lived we had not the privilege of knowing what the Divine Love of the Father means, - we only knew that there was a God and that God loved us as we thought, as His chosen people and wanted us to live correct lives on earth, and thereby receive His blessings as mortals, and all the rewards that an obedient life might bring to us. But as to this Greater Love which makes angels of us all who possesses it, we had no knowledge, nor had we ever been taught by our seers or prophets that such a Love existed and as I now know the privilege of obtaining it did not then exist. Only with the coming of Jesus came that Love again to man and spirits.

But God had for us a natural love in contradistinction to the Divine Love and we had for Him a love which when fully purified makes us spirits with a happiness that is beyond all conception of human happiness. But even of that happiness we were not taught, and only did we have glimpses in the teachings of our prophets that such happiness might exist in the future life.

To read more, click here: Lot, of the Old Testament, Shares His Testimony

Re: Message from Sarah 23 Feb 2012 23:21 #5622

• Joan
Excerpt from Sarah, wife of Abraham received on October 23, 1915:

I am the spirit of Sarah, I was the wife of Abraham.

I want to tell you that I am now a Christian and live in the Celestial Spheres.

Yes, but there are many things in the Bible that are not true. Well, when it says that I sent Hagar into the desert, or caused her to be sent into the desert, to starve and die - that story was a slander on me, and did me great injustice, because I was not such a wicked woman.

Abraham did not send her there either, but she went of her own accord, because she had done that which condemned her in her own conscience. Well, she had taken my husband and had a child by him. I know that the Bible says that (it) was commanded by God, or that I prevailed upon Abraham to have a child by her, but it is not true.

Yes, I am happy, and so is Abraham and our son Isaac, and his son Jacob but they were without this Divine Love for a great many years, as it only came to us when the Master came to earth.

Click here to read more: Sarah, Wife of Abraham, is a Christian and Lives in the Celestial Spheres