On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Good News for Today 20 Aug 2011 13:09 #4880

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
The Good News for Today

God is calling out to all His children to come to Him and partake of the wonderful things He has prepared for them.

In one of the messages Jesus says, "When the soul is in a condition of sin and error, it is not responsive to the inflowing of the Holy Spirit. In order to get into a condition of receptivity to these influences, it must have an awakening as to its actual condition of enslavement by these things. And until such an awakening comes to it, there is no possibility of its receiving the Love of God into it, and of turning its thoughts to the Truths of God, and to the practices of life that will help it in its progress towards a condition of freedom."
How the Redeemed Soul Is Saved from the Penalties That Sin and Error Have Brought Upon It

Does this suggest that mankind! generally does not live the correct life?

Since we incarnated here we have been nurtured, maybe a better description is forced, on how best to survive, how to think and be successful in this man-made system that we think of as life, which is not the correct life.

In another message Jesus says,
Let men live the most exemplary lives and yet they will not necessarily become partners of this great love and have the qualities that are necessary to enable them to receive the great gift of unison with the Father.

And!

When men come to the knowledge that they are children of the Father and under His care and protection, they will see that they must lead such lives as will fit them to become in union with the Father and be able to partake of His love, which makes them, as it were, a part of Himself. I mean that there is in all men the potentiality of becoming a part of the divine essence. But in order for them to partake of this Divinity, they must let the love of the Father in its highest nature enter into their souls and make them at-One with Him.
The Real Truth of Life on Earth and what it Means to Mortals
Note: let, or allow God's love to enter our souls.

This is such a great truth that it should be told everywhere, and from this it is appararent that it is the individual that has been given the gift to stop or allow this love of the Father from entering their soul.
Some of the barriers are worth mentioning here because as I have found out, many do not know they are there, they may not believe it is true,
have no desire to allow this love to enter their soul,
are afraid of it,
have guilt feelings and not believe they are worthy enough,
they may prefer doing evil,
hate God,
or not believe in God,
are busy and have so many things they need to do first,
fear that they are being fooled,
believe that living a moral life is the way to at-onement with God,
Believe that material wealth is the proof that God sends His love to them.

There are probably thousands of deterrents that prevent people from allowing the Fathers Divine Love into their souls, some maybe obvious, others not so obvious.

When we understand that God is reaching out to all of us and it is up to us to reach out to Him, nothing can stand in the way to at-onement with our Father, and what this means is repeated throughout these messages.

Love, Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The Good News for Today 24 Aug 2011 04:56 #4909

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
God's Divine Love surrounds and envelops each of us.

Thank you for your great post, Ian. How true it is and I love the title of your thread because "The Good News for Today" means every day that we are alive on God's beautiful green earth and in the spirit world.

He created the Celestial Heavens for us to come and live with Him as His family... so you could say that God, our Heavenly Father, is a "family man." Some might consider Him to be a Mother, too... but what we know is that He created us and those of us who know Him on a personal level and receive His very Essence in our souls can and do feel that we are, indeed, a part of His family.

I love what Jesus wrote here:

"As I have said, this Love is waiting for every man to possess who sincerely seeks It with true soul aspiration. It is not a part of a man, but It surrounds and envelops every man. At the same time, It forms no part of him, unless his longings and prayers have opened up his soul so that It may flow in and infill him with Its Presence."
The Divine Love of the Father Will Not Only Make Man an Inhabitant of the Father's Kingdom but Also Will Bring About the Great Brotherhood of Man on Earth

I have shared this with a couple of people that God's Divine Love is surrounding and enveloping each of us and I do believe that it made an impact. One already receives the Love and another is learning about it. But when we understand that it is right smack dab in front of us... on the side of us... in the back of us... well, it just can't get any closer than that... until it is inside of us. :cheer: And this, we here know, is what God's Will is for us... that it enter inside.

The only thing I can add to your list is that people are procrastinators and they put off today what they can do tomorrow... learning about God. And I speak from experience having done this very thing.

But as we know and we can't stress it enough is that they are missing out on something that is so awesome and wonderful. After all, what's not to Love about Love, especially when we receive it in abundance. :)

I was thinking earlier about what it means to be humble and this is what came to me. Our souls are being developed in Divine Love, but, really, nobody knows it unless we tell them. We don't go around advertising it. We don't brag or boast about it. We mainly keep it to ourselves, except for this forum, of course. But I'm referring to outside of this forum when we may interact with many people on a daily basis. Others may know us to be nice, sweet and loving but they may not know the real cause of it, but we do.

And it came to me that this is a very big thing... as a matter of fact, it's huge... even bigger than I think we can even imagine and this really is very humbling. We are reaping what we are sowing and it's all about Divine Love. Let's pray that more people will learn about and accept our little secret so they may reap the same delightful rewards.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Re:The Good News for Today 27 Aug 2011 18:39 #4925

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
My mother-in-law always tells me how bright my eyes look when she sees me. I tell her it's because of my spiritual enlightenment.

Re:The Good News for Today 28 Aug 2011 13:35 #4926

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ian wrote:

God is calling out to all His children to come to Him and partake of the wonderful things He has prepared for them.

Ian, when I was younger I was an avid backpacker and frequently did multi day/week hiking trips in the southwest. On one trip, I was hiking along along a flat twisty creek bottom and had a premonition that I would see Jesus around the next bend. Each time I thought I would see him but didn't, I said to myself; "maybe he'll be around the next bend". I never did see him on that trip and several times had similar experiences. What is it that I had hoped would happen when I did see him? And, where did this thought come from in the first place?

The second question is easy to answer, I think the thought came from Jesus himself, as he was "calling out to me". Over the years I have had the blessing of his visitation and believe with all my heart that God calls out to me in several ways. He calls out to me thru His Holy Spirit that is reaching a point of critical mass within my soul, as the calling is becoming constant. And he calls out to me thru the calling of His Celestial Angels, like Jesus, that guide my path.

What did I hope would happen if I did see Jesus? I have a secret pact with Jesus that only he and I know about it and it's what's going to happen when I do see him. So that's the first thing. However it would be like meeting you in person. The first thing is the eye contact, the mirrors of the soul. When we look at one another we see the spirit as well as the image as it would be a blessing to see the spirit of Jesus and know that despite his spiritual stature, he is still my brother and is approachable.

So, the first fruits of an in-person encounter with Jesus would be the giving and sharing of love before any intellectual thoughts are shared. Since Jesus is my master and mentor and I am his follower; my desire is also for any personal guidance or recommendations that might enhance my relationship and at-onement with God and therefore greater service as his follower.

When I am around orthodox Christians, I hear them speak frequently to service to others, the golden rule. Jesus says this is a noble virtue and has its own rewards, however it does not cause the "re-birth of the mortal soul from a natural creation into the Divine. He says further, that the possession of God's Divine Love can become the impetus for service and good works for others, however our alignment with God through the transfusion of His Love into our souls is paramount.

The little bit of soul growth I have amassed over my lifetime has enabled me to reach a threshold of hearing the "calling" of God's Love frequently. There will come a time that it will be constant and my prayers will be constant and we will be at-one with one another. This is the object, the goal, the pearl of great price.

Love,
Dan

Re:The Good News for Today 30 Aug 2011 21:42 #4940

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
Fed up with reading and hearing about endless wars, tyranny, oppression, treachery, mistrust, lies, hate, blame, fear? and the list goes on.

Time out!

The good news is, there is a solution to end all these evils, and the individual has a major part to play in it, that means all of us.
I think most of us want to make a positive difference in the world but feel powerless to do anything, this is the great oppressive delusion that has been forced and is continually reinforced onto the people of the world throughout all the ages, this continues primarily because of ignorance of the truth on the part of the oppressors, and the oppressed would you believe.
So, whoever wants to see peace and love in this world but do not believe it can ever be a reality, read this.

Message from John:
Divine Love, what It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained

This Love (God's Divine Love) is the greatest thing in all the world, and the only thing that can make man at one with the Father, and change the soul of man as it has existed since his creation, into a Divine Substance filled with the Essence of the Father.
There is nothing else in all the universe of God that can cause man to become a new creature, and an inhabitant of the Father's Kingdom; and when men possess this Love, then they possess everything that will make them not only the perfect man but the divine angel.

Then men will understand the moral precepts of brotherly love and also the Father's oneness, and they will not have to seek for other help in order to bring into the life of the human race those qualities that will bring to it peace and good will.

Then will every man know that every other man is his brother, and be able to do unto each as he would have the other to do unto him, and this without effort or sacrifice on his part, for love worketh its own fulfillment, and all its beneficence floweth towards the fellow-man as falls the dews from heaven. Envy and hatred and strife and jealousy and all the other evil qualities of man will disappear, and only peace and joy and happiness will remain.

It is so abundant that it may be possessed by all men by the mere seeking and the sincere longing for its inflowing. But man must understand that it is not his by matter of right, nor is it ever forced upon him, but comes only in response to the sincere earnest prayer of a soul that is filled with longings for its coming.

Here's the rest of the message, read on.
Divine Love, what It is and what It is not. How It can be obtained

The Good News for Today 05 Dec 2012 16:19 #5899

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
God loves us and we love Him! :cheer:

How awesome is that!!

• Page: