Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:The reason why we don't worship Jesus 10 Nov 2012 17:22 #5895

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
One of the things I love about the spirit communications received by James E. Padgett is that they are real, authentic testimonies that give us so much insight as to what their lives were like on earth and most importantly how their beliefs have changed since becoming spirits. Mr. Padgett's loving grandmother, Ann Rollins, is a perfect example of one who believed that Jesus was God, but inspite of that false belief, she received God's Divine Love in her soul.

In her message of September 5, 1915, she adds to the discussion about the erroneous belief in Jesus' blood as a savior of our sins. Here is an excerpt of that message:

"I came to tell you that I know now that the blood of Jesus does not save from sin.

You will remember how, when on earth, I believed this doctrine of error. How I used to talk about the precious blood of Jesus being able to save from all sin and used to sing with all my heart and belief in the old hymn: 'There is a fountain filled with blood,' and so forth. Well, I know now that that belief is all wrong, and that Jesus is so anxious to have men learn that it is a great error and stumbling block to the soul's progression.

Of course, I know that a vast majority of those now living will never believe that this saying of the Bible is erroneous until they come to the spirit world, but if they only could be taught to throw aside this belief and rely entirely on the Divine Love for their salvation while on earth, how much easier their progress would be when they come over. So you see, that while many say that a belief does not amount to much, yet, I tell you that it causes more unhappiness and retards the progress of spirits to a greater extent than any other one thing.

I know that only the Divine Love of the Father saves from sin and makes mortals at-one with Him. So in your work for the Master, you will have to make great efforts to cause people to give up this belief in the blood, and turn to the truth of the New Birth."

The full message is here .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The reason why we don't worship Jesus 20 Oct 2013 16:59 #6009

• Joan
The other day, I read this article about Jesus:

"A statue of Jesus Christ has been installed in war-torn Syria. The statue titled 'I have come to save the world' rises above the historic pilgrimage route from Constantinople to Jerusalem, on top of the mountain near the Monastery of the Cherubim in the Syrian city of Saidnaya (2,100 meters above sea level)...

The height of the bronze statue is 39 m together with the plinth, which is taller than the statue of the Christ in Rio de Janeiro (38 m).

One can see the sculpture from Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, and Israel. The installation coincided with the Orthodox feast day of the Protection of the Most Holy Virgin Mary and the Muslim feast of Kurban Bayram.

The military actions were stopped in the region during the three days the statue was being installed. The statue was cast in Armenia."

I won't link the article or the image that was included because as Jesus wrote through Mr. Padgett, he doesn't want to be worshiped! As we know, Jesus is the Master of the Celestial Heavens and as the highest spirit filled with the Divine Love of our Heavenly Father, he describes his mission in this message:

"My mission is to reach the souls of men, as individuals, and turn them to the Love of the Father..."

Will this statue help or hurt his mission?

Re:The reason why we don't worship Jesus 22 Oct 2013 14:30 #6010

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would much prefer to see an image of Jesus rather than a cross. There are bronze statues of great people that have been created to remember the legacy of the individual. Jesus has a great legacy to remember as I personally enjoy seeing pictures of him, especially the one holding a lamb or teaching the children. I do object to pictures, objects and statues of his out stretched arms cruelly nailed to a cross. Most barbaric, and a stain against humanity.

Message from Jesus on Christmas Day, December 25, 1914 25 Dec 2013 06:01 #6207

• Joan
"In my teachings, I want to show that I am only my Father's son as you are His son, and not to be worshiped as God. He is the only God and the people who today are worshiping me in all parts of the world are not doing what I desire, for they are putting God in the background and making me their object of worship, which is all wrong and which I am so anxious to have ceased.

They must look upon me only as a son of God and their elder brother who has received from the Father His full Love and confidence, and which I am bidden to teach to them. You are not to let anyone tempt you to let your love of God be displaced by any love that you may have for me, for your love for me must not be of the kind that you have for Him. He is the only God and you must worship Him alone. So be careful and make the distinction, or you will make a most egregious mistake."

As followers of Jesus and his teachings, we celebrate Christmas on this day and worship and thank God, our Heavenly Father, for the privilege of receiving His Divine Love. We thank God for being with us and hearing our calls when we need Him and for being patient when our thoughts and hearts are filled with earthly distractions that temporarily distance ourselves from Him. To the best of our abilities and love for God, we choose to follow His Will knowing that He has the right answers and will not fail us. We honor Jesus by not worshiping Him as God but as our most loving elder brother and Master of the Celestial Heavens.

May this Christmas find you happy and joyous with God's Divine Love flowing into your soul in abundance and may the work that we here are called to do to help Jesus with his mission of spreading the good news flourish in the year ahead.

With Love and Blessings,
Joan

A Study of Jesus 03 Jan 2014 16:16 #6224

• Joan
Today on my blog, Divine Love Writings , I posted a message from Elameros, a Celestial Spirit who was a Greek, and lived at the same time as Jesus and actually saw him several times. I thought it was so interesting, I wanted to share it here:

"I am a Greek, or rather the spirit of a mortal who was a Greek, and I lived in the days when Jesus walked the hills and plains of Palestine teaching his new doctrines of the Divine Love and the Kingdom of Heaven. I was not a follower of him or a believer in his teachings, for I was a disciple of Plato and Socrates, and was satisfied of the truth of their philosophy and did not believe that there were other truths than what it contained.

I was a traveler and at times visited Palestine and on several occasions heard Jesus teaching the multitudes of people who seemed to be so interested in his discourses. I must confess that I was startled at times by his doctrines and recognized that while they treated of subjects similar to those contained in my philosophy, yet they were different and gave to these subjects a new and spiritual meaning that I had never before thought of.

I could see that he was not a student of philosophy, or yet, an educated man, as we understood men to be educated, yet he dealt with these questions in such an enlightening and authoritative way that caused me to wonder at the source of his information. And when, at times, he said that he was not speaking of his own knowledge, but that his Father was speaking through him, I was almost ready to believe that such was the fact.

You must remember that I believed in God and in the lesser gods or demons who executed His will, and when Jesus spoke of his Father, meaning God, it was not unnatural for me, in a way, to accept what he declared. And then I recollect, that I was impressed with the fact that he was not speaking from a mind that had been developed by the study of the philosophies, but from a mind that seemed to have in it that which had been lodged there by some great outside intelligence. He spoke, as he said, with knowledge and speculations seemed to be no part of his conclusions or the cause of any of his deductions.

Notwithstanding these impressions on me, I was too wise, in my own conceit, that my philosophy was the only true one, and that my knowledge of it was without defect to attempt to give serious consideration to what I had heard Jesus say and, consequently, let the truths which he uttered pass from me.

I saw and heard him teach only a few times, and then I heard of his crucifixion and death as a malefactor, and forgot about him. When next I saw him, it was in the spirit world, and this continued after I became a spirit; and then he was teaching the same doctrines that I had heard him teach on earth; but he was a wonderfully bright and glorious spirit."

This message is published in vol. 2, page 339 of True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus.

Re:A Study of Jesus 04 Jan 2014 15:32 #6231

• Joan
Here's another spirit message from Elohaim, who was one of the judges responsible for Jesus' death, explaining why they did it:

"I am the spirit of a Jew who lived in the time of Jesus and was a member of the Sanhedrin and sat as one of his judges at the time of his condemnation for blasphemy and iconoclastic teachings against the beliefs and doctrines of the Hebrew faith and was one of those who voted for the sentence of death upon him and, in doing so, was as honest in my conviction and action as it was possible for an earnest believer in his faith to be.

Consequently, I was without prejudice against Jesus as a man and, as I believed, a fanatic; and it was only because I was convinced that he was an assailer of, and dangerous to, our religion and the welfare of my race that I consented to his death.

Mortals of these days cannot fully understand the exact relationship of Jesus and his teachings to the security of our religion and the preservation of the faith, which we believed had been handed down to us by God direct through our prophets and teachers, and when we were confronted with what we believed to be the destructive and irreligious teachings of Jesus and after making the numerous efforts to suppress him by threats and persuasion without effect, we concluded that our absolute and indisputable duty to God demanded that he be removed from the sphere of his activity even though such result could only be accomplished by his death....

But the great element of tragedy in all this is not that Jesus was crucified, but that the Jews were so mistaken and failed to recognize and accept Jesus as their long looked-for Messiah and Deliverer, not from their material conditions of bondage, but from the bondage of sin and error in which they have lived for so many centuries. This, I say, was their tragedy, and it has been their lasting and deadly tragedy from that time until the present day, and the prospects are that it will continue theirs for many years to come, and that generations of them will pass from the earth life to the spirit world under the shadow of that great tragedy....

And I want to say to my people with the certainty of knowledge arising from experience and actual observation, that Jesus of Nazareth was the true Messiah who brought to the world, and first to the Jews, the truths of God and His plans for the salvation of mankind and their restoration to all that they had lost by the fall of their first parents because of their disobedience, and that if the people of my nation had received him and accepted and followed his teachings, they would not now on earth be the scattered, homeless and persecuted race that they are, and in the spirit world would not now be satisfied with their homes and happiness in the Spiritual Heavens, but would be, many of them, inhabitants of the Celestial Heavens and the possessors of immortality and God's Divine Love....

I am a believer in these truths, a follower of the Master and an inhabitant of the Celestial Heavens; but I want to say that these truths did not come to me as a part of my faith until many long years of life in the spirit world, and that some of these years I lived in darkness and suffering. So I will say good night and subscribe myself

Your brother in Christ,
Elohiam"

This message was published in vol. 1, page 361 in the True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus and can be read in full here .