Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

A Study of Jesus 09 Jul 2011 16:56 #4658

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50

Dan wrote in the thread: "Infinite Number of Spheres in the Celestial Heavens???

As to anyone else living at the same level of Jesus in the Celestial Heavens; we do not know at this time. About 100 years ago, when Jesus wrote through James Padgett he said that no one had reached the same plane as him. However, Jesus has a soulmate, Mary Magdalene whom I'm certain has been praying in earnest to be near her mate. And there are many others whose passion for the Father's Love burns with an insatiable desire to be at-one with our lovely Lord. So, perhaps there are some now that share this place with the Master. To my knowledge, no one has ever channeled anything from Jesus about this so the answer to your question Brianna is; maybe yes, maybe no.

I wanted to add here as to the identity of Jesus' soulmate. He never revealed this information to James E. Padgett that I'm aware of. Dan, do you have a link for the message about it that you can provide here? Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Infinite Number of Spheres in the Celestial Heavens??? 09 Jul 2011 17:58 #4659

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think you're right Joan as Jesus didn't reveal this to James Padgett in his messages to him in the early nineteeth century. I think this was revealed through contemporary mediumship in the last 40 years. I checked on another website of contemporary messages and could not find as it may have come through a non-written message as it was commonly believed in the At-onement Affinity Community that I was a member of in the seventies; that this is Jesus' soulmate. Perhaps each can draw their own conclusion on this as there appears to be no definitive message one can point to regarding this that I'm aware of at this time.

Love,
Dan

A Study of Jesus 10 Jul 2011 02:43 #4660

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Thanks for checking, Dan. I believe that if it was important that we know who Jesus' soulmate is, he would have told James Padgett. Of interest is the fact that none of the Celestial Spirits, including his wife Helen, his mother, dad, and grandmother didn't mention it at all, assuming that they did know her identity. So it appears to me that Jesus wanted it to remain private at that time, but whether or not the contemporary medium received the correct message, well, I guess we'll find out when we meet him in the spirit world. :)

Love,
Joan

A Study of Jesus 10 Jul 2011 03:37 #4661

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This query Joan regarding Jesus' soulmate and even if he has one led to an interesting study of other forum archives as there is much speculation on this subject. Some of the old timers in the DL believe Mary Magdalene is his soulmate, another contemporary message says that Judus is her soulmate and there is another channeled message that says that Jesus has no soulmate. And then there is the matter that some also believe that the messages on soulmate love were a fantasy of James Padgett due to his loneliness when his wife passed away. Personally I'm not attached to any belief or opinion regarding this and further it has little relevance to my soul's progression at this time. When you questioned the source of my allegation that Mary M. was Jesus' soulmate I re-checked Padgett's messages and archives of contemporary channeled messages and could not find anything that supported that claim. What was odd though, this was something that I believe I heard in the early Divine Love community however there's no messages to back it up. I re-checked with a Divine brother that goes back as far as me in the community and he couldn't recall anything on this either. So, this is one of those things that appears to be a point of speculation like so many other things. However in the grand scheme of things I guess it really doesn't matter much, does it?

Love,
Dan

A Study of Jesus 07 Aug 2011 16:20 #4828

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Recently, I saw a television broadcast from a church in California, the Crystal Cathedral. Originally started by Robert Schuller many years ago, it had become a household name in America. His message had softer rhetoric and spoke as well to the principals of positive thinking, expectation and visualization. I always enjoyed seeing his Sunday broadcasts from time to time.

As I was saying I clicked on his broadcast again, except this time another pastor was speaking. The point of the sermon I happened to step into was something that Jesus allegedly said; "I am, that I am". I don't know if he said that as there are many things that man alleges that Jesus said that he did not say according to he, Jesus. So let's assume that he did say this. The pastor was offering their interpretation of what Jesus said. They said that this statement is a declarative statement of proof of fact that Jesus is the personification of God. I immediately turned off this Sunday Service broadcast as this is not what Jesus teaches us.

Perhaps if Jesus said; I am, that I am, that it is a statement of fact regarding Jesus being the Christ but not God as he refutes this false teaching. I doubt that it refers to his special station as the Messiah as his impetus was that of a role model as he blazes the trail ahead and we follow his lead. Being the first fruits or the first human to ever receive God's Divine Love, those whom follow him therefore also experience the Christ principal and can rightfully claim to also be the Christ. This speaks to a condition of Divinity that is realized through the New Birth of the mortal soul as one becomes At-One with God, for all who seek its nectar. This is a statement of fact for each who accepts the gift of God's Divine Love and becomes a Divine Angel.

Anyone with a different take on what Jesus may have meant with, I am that I am?

Love and blessings,
Dan

Re:A Study of Jesus 14 Aug 2011 00:42 #4857

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
I know of this Crystal Chapel that you speak of as I used to listen to the Christmas concert that they put on. I have never listened to any TV preachers, as I always thought they were full of themselves.

This thread makes me want to comment on how I feel about Jesus and what he has been trying to tell us in the Padgett messages. Jesus was born a mortal man with two biological parents the same as the rest of us have always been conceived. No special breeding by God or any angels that gave him "special" god-like powers. However, Jesus had the one thing nobody else has been given since the first parents fall. That, of course, was the gift of the New Birth in his soul. As Jesus has stated, he wasn't born full of this love, but he was born without sin and found his way to obtain God's Divine Love in his soul, the same opportunity to fill our souls is offered to all of us living here on earth or in the spirit world.

I read somewhere in a book that Jesus is man and Christ is the divine entity that possessed Jesus the man. That is what made him different. I don't know to what degree this may be true but I am sure that is one way to explain things. I found the following in an article titled "The True Mission of Jesus" ...

"In the light of these messages, a new interpretation of Jesus' death on the cross is certainly in order. We are told by the orthodox churches that Jesus gave himself up willingly as a sacrifice for sin because he loved humanity to the degree of self sacrifice and because, as the Messiah, he had come for that purpose. He is supposed to take the place of the Hebrew sacrifice, the lamb, and he is called in the New Testament the Lamb of God. As a matter of fact, the Old Testament sacrifice of an animal was never intended to take away sin, and this is shown by the fact that although these sacrifices were not permitted during the Babylonian captivity, the people still put their faith in redemption through turning away from sin and seeking God through a life of moral and ethical conduct.

Jesus did sacrifice himself, indeed, but in a way never related or understood by the writers of the New Testament. Jesus went to his death because he would not deny his mission: that, as the first human to attain through prayer an immortal soul filled with the essence of the Father - the Divine Love - he was in this way the first true son of God and, therefore, the Messiah. Jesus could have saved his life if he had retracted at his trial, but he died because he remained true to himself, true to his Messiahship, and true to the Father, who had sent him. Jesus sacrificed his whole life preaching the Father's Love: he gave up home, his chance to marry and have a family of his own, a chance to devote himself to the quiet pursuits of a Nazarene carpenter; instead, he chose the hatred and opposition of those who understood not and preferred the status quo; he chose the incomprehension of his loved ones, who considered him mad and sought to have him leave Galilee; he chose constant travels and journeys, so that often he had no place to lay his head; he chose to preach in the Temple at Jerusalem, chase the money lenders, defy the conspiracy of those who sought his death, and bravely faced the consequences of what he knew must inevitably occur.

Yes, Jesus did sacrifice himself, but it is high time to put aside myth and metaphysics, and to know and to realize what that sacrifice consists of. When we understand his sacrifice, then Jesus stands forth in all his greatness, in all his courage, in all his serenity and forgiveness and love for mankind, with his absolute faith in the Father and His Love, in that day of his teaching, tribulation, and death."

Jesus says that we are not to worship him but follow him as he is a teacher not a god, only the son of God, the same as we are all children of God and Jesus' brothers and sisters.