Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is Swedenborgianism and Divine Love Belief Similar? 06 Jul 2011 00:30 #4649

• Brianna
  • Brianna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
There are some similarities in Swedenborgianism and the New Church beliefs. Emanuel Swedenborg says there are three heavens. An outward, a middle (natural or spiritual heaven), and an inmost (Celestial Heaven.) He says it doesn't matter what people believe in as long as they love God and their neighbor. The only thing is missing is the Divine Love. Is his teachings correct, but his only mistake is not preaching the Divine Love? Tell me what you guys think. ;)

Love,
Brianna
A proud spiritual lycanthrope. Forever a wolf at heart.

Part "normal", part autistic, all human.

The number one desperate secret wish I have in my heart is to go to the Great Wilderness in the Celestial Heavens, reunited with my Master, my "pack" of angels, and feel the welcoming, sweet embrace of my heart's desire. May you all find the Divine Love. God bless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Is Swedenborgianism and Divine Love Belief Similar? 06 Jul 2011 05:26 #4651

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Brianna wrote:

There are some similarities in Swedenborgianism and the New Church beliefs. Emanuel Swedenborg says there are three heavens. An outward, a middle (natural or spiritual heaven), and an inmost (Celestial Heaven.) He says it doesn't matter what people believe in as long as they love God and their neighbor. The only thing is missing is the Divine Love. Is his teachings correct, but his only mistake is not preaching the Divine Love? Tell me what you guys think. ;)

I don't know too much about him, other than the fact that Jesus used him as an instrument and, unfortunately, he believed Jesus was God, so that effort was a failure. But he learned the truth after his passing into the spirit world and he is a Celestial Spirit and wrote a couple of messages through James E. Padgett.

Hmmm... well, maybe the "outward" heaven is the earthplane, which is also the location of the hells. Here is one of his messages: Swedenborg writes on the hells .

In Jesus' teachings, we are told of two Heavens... the natural love Heaven (the sixth sphere being the highest) and the Celestial Heavens (also known as the Kingdom of God and the Celestial Spheres), where those who have Divine Love progress to.

Well, he was confused and his focus was on charity and good works and the resurrection of Jesus, which is what the Christian churches preach.

All I know is that if you want the Real Truth... it's all right here on this website. :)

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: