Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is Divine Love? Why is it important to know about it? 25 Jun 2011 15:35 #4598

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
In conversations with acquaintances, or when various religious missionaries come knocking on my door, I often ask them if they have ever heard of Divine Love. The common response is "No." Interestingly, an internet search of "Divine Love" brings up millions of links. In addition to this website (which is all about Divine Love and the true teachings of Jesus), there are Christian churches, alliances, spiritual gurus, spiritual counseling services, healers, writers, psychics, books and videos that use Divine Love in their name. Some philosophies claim that we are born divine within. But do they really know what Divine Love is? In a nutshell, the truth can be found in the following questions and answers.*

1. What is Divine Love?

In the first place, there are two loves. One is a distinct kind of love, and that is the highest and holiest of loves, which is the very essence of God, His Divine Love. The second is the natural love, which is the love that we are all born with.

2. Is it God's gift for the soul?

Divine Love is a gift from God, which is waiting for our own efforts and aspirations to obtain by faith and prayer and is brought to our souls by the Holy Spirit. It is always close to us as it surrounds and envelops each and everyone of us and comes into our souls when pray for its inflowing. This Divine Love is a gift that keeps on giving from the moment we begin receiving it and will continue flowing into our souls for all eternity.

3. Is it a love that comes from within – a Christ Consciousness that we are born with and all we need to do is tap into our inner ego to experience its bliss?

Because we must pray for Divine Love, it is not within or a part of us until we do this. We are not born Divine within, so any effort on our part to tap into our ego and somehow develop our natural love to become Christ Consciousness just will not happen.

An analogy is "a river can only rise as high as its source," which merely means that because we are only possessed with the natural love, we can only tap into that lesser love and make it pure by our own efforts. We cannot tap into something... the "divine within us" because it isn't there yet. Only this Divine Love, which comes from without (from God by prayer), can change our natural love qualities into Divine qualities.

4. What must we do to receive Divine Love and how does it change us?

Divine Love has no counterpart in all creation and comes from God alone and it never changes. But most importantly, this awesome Love has the power to change the most hardened sinner into a true child of God, if only through faith and prayer such sinner will sincerely and earnestly seek for it. But it only comes to those who truly want it.

Where Divine Love is there can be no sin or unhappiness and fear is not. The Love that casts out all fear is the Divine Love of God and when we obtain it in our souls, there exists no such thing as fear and nothing that could create or permit fear to exist. God wants us all to come to Him in love and not in fear. So the only way in which such end can be accomplished is for us to see and know Him as a God of Love only.

5. Why is it important to know about Divine Love?

The reason why it is important to know about Divine Love is that it is our true salvation. The only way we can be with God and obtain salvation and immortality is for our souls to become completely transformed by praying for and receiving His Divine Love. It is not to say that we will become a god and equal to Him in any of His powers or attributes, as this cannot be, but this Divine Love will make us like God in love and happiness and harmony.

Divine Love is not only warmth, but it is the very burnings of the soul's great storehouse of God's Divine Essence.
Law of Compensation by Helen Padgett, Celestial Angel

Love and Blessings,
Joan

*The original messages from Jesus and the Celestial Angels, from which these answers were extracted, can be found on Ian's website Truth for All People .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is Divine Love? Why is it important to know about it? 29 Jun 2011 16:41 #4601

• Joan

2. Is it God's gift for the soul?

Divine Love is a gift from God, which is waiting for our own efforts and aspirations to obtain by faith and prayer and is brought to our souls by the Holy Spirit. It is always close to us as it surrounds the earth and comes to us when our souls long for its inflowing. This Divine Love is a gift that keeps on giving from the moment we begin receiving it and will continue flowing into our souls for all eternity.

The above explanation in bold was what I had originally written and it is now changed because of further spiritual insight which was given to me the other day. I was thinking about where exactly is Divine Love as I had remembered reading a message that it surrounds the earth. But I was told that Divine Love is right outside the door. Well, first thing that came to me was, you mean my front door? No, it's way closer than that. Divine Love surrounds each of us and it is right outside the door to our souls. :cheer:

Jesus wrote about its nearness and location in this message:

"As I have said, this Love is waiting for every man to possess who sincerely seeks It with true soul aspiration. It is not a part of a man, but It surrounds and envelops every man. At the same time, It forms no part of him, unless his longings and prayers have opened up his soul so that It may flow in and infill him with Its Presence."

The Divine Love of the Father Will Not Only Make Man an Inhabitant of the Father's Kingdom but Also Will Bring About the Great Brotherhood of Man on Earth

And read how easy is it to receive the inflowing of Divine Love. :)

"Let your heart be open to the knockings of the Spirit, and keep your mind free from thoughts of sin." Jesus is not God, but was sent by the Father

"Do not let the worries of life keep you from loving and believing that He wants you to become one with Him in Love and Grace. He is not only waiting for you to let His Love flow into your heart, but He is anxiously knocking at the door of your heart, that you may open and let Him enter." The Importance of getting the Divine Love in The Soul

The blessing of God's Divine Love is here and now. A better life and a better world awaits us when we choose to answer the knocking from our wonderful Heavenly Father.

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re: What is Divine Love? Why is it important to know about it? 12 Nov 2013 03:52 #6074

• Joan
This is more of Ann Rollins beautiful message to her grandson, James E. Padgett, about "The importance of getting the Divine Love in the soul" as posted above:

"I wish to tell you more about the things of the spirit, for they are the important things that you should know. You are very near the Kingdom, and if you keep on trying to have more of God's Love in your soul, you will soon realize the full joy and peace which comes with such possession. Try to let your heart receive more of His Love, for He is always ready and waiting to bestow His Love upon you. He is the one Lovely Father for you to long for and keep with you in all your thoughts and aspirations.

Do not let the worries of life keep you from loving and believing that He wants you to become one with Him in Love and Grace. He is not only waiting for you to let His Love flow into your heart, but He is anxiously knocking at the door of your heart, that you may open and let Him enter.

Be true to your best spiritual longings, and you will soon feel that you have got that in your soul which will give you perfect peace and happiness. You are only now beginning to learn that you must feel that your Father is so near you, that He must become a part of your life and being. When that Love has fully taken possession of you, you will know that you are His own true and reconciled son, just as all are who have come into a realization of that Love. So do not doubt that you may become such a son of your Father, for I tell you that I know from my own experience, the grandeur of living in the favor of His Blessing.

Read the full message here .

• Page: