On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mediumship 24 Mar 2011 03:59 #4205

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If one is a channel, a medium for spirit communication, that individual is more vulnerable to the influence of spirits. A medium can easily pick up on their thoughts and suggestions and are therefore more suggestable. If one has a strong desire for an old behavior it is most likely spirit influenced. Mortals underestimate the psychic influence of the spirit world and if they knew how influential it is upon them, they would be more guarded and aware of their presence.

Reflecting upon these thoughts I realize that not all thoughts and behavior can be attributed to spirit influence however I think it plays a bigger part in our lives than we may realize. One of the most expensive commodities in our society is advertising. Big corporations will spend more than you earn in a year, in a minute on prime time tv. And why is that? Its because our material minds are very suggestable to thoughts and images and they will pay a kings ransom to have a moment of your time to get into your head so you will buy their product. An entire psychology has developed around these concepts called NLP, Neuro Linguistic Programming which is a study of how we think. Advertisers use this science to influence your buying habits and spirits use it for both good and evil.

Another name for a medium is a sensative, or one who is sensative to spirits and can either see them, hear them or serve as a channel for materialization, healing and many other modalities. James Padgett was an extremely gifted medium as he dedicated several nights each week in allowing lower spirits to write through him. He used his gift of mediumship to help these lost souls to find a way out of their hopelessness and discover the higher truth of the New Birth. Perhaps you may have this gift and can attest to the lingering influence of dark souls who wander this earth plane and seek to endulge old desires by encouraging other mortals to engage in similar desires such as drugs, alcohol, sex, gambling, theft, prostitution etc.

I think though that the attraction between a spirit and medium isn't so much to influence bad behavior as much as the fact that there is an uncanny desire and longing for spirits to try to get word back to their friends, family and loved ones. When a spirit wanders the earth plane they can see a special light that emanates from a medium as they are attracted to this light as this is like a portal between this world and the next. There is a great ambition for spirits to try to communicate thru a sensative as mediums are like magnets. For this reason, those who possess the gift as a medium should understand that they are very vulnerable and should exercise caution and due diligence with the thoughts and influences of the spirits that attend them. It really is a very serious business.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mediumship 24 Mar 2011 20:47 #4207

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Thank you, Dan, great advice.

I learned that I had the gift of automatic writing even before I read the messages. The first message I received was from Matthew. I don't believe I saved it, but since then I have received many, many more.

Several years ago, when I really wanted to know about something, I decided to see if the spirits would write again. Well, they did and I received several writings, which I believed to be true at the time. But this past summer when I was going through them, I knew what they had written was not true. What I believe was told to me was what I wanted to hear at the time. So into the shredder they went.

Because of this and other things, I have not been inclined to seek out any spirits to write messages, however, I have taken a few from my mom. These I do believe are accurate.

Last week I was told by someone that there were a lot of spirits who wanted to communicate and I was asked if I would do this. So being the curious person that I am, I decided to take one message. It was from my mom, again, and what she told me turned out to be true.

Because I have a very close personal relationship with our Father now, if I want to know about anything whatsoever, I go directly to Him and I cut out the middleman. :) Everything, and I mean everything, He tells me is the absolute truth and never have I ever been mislead down the beaten path.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: