Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

What is Truth? 30 Jun 2017 05:02 #8017

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
This excerpt from John may be a repeat, but it's well worth reading again and again. He explains the process for finding truth.

"Prayer must arise from the soul of man, and the response must come from God. There is no other means by which this knowledge can be obtained.

All knowledge of things spiritual that men may think they possess - coming in any other way - cannot be relied on, for there is only one source of such knowledge out of which the real spiritual truths of God emanate.

And LOVE is the great principle that enters into all knowledge of things spiritual, and without LOVE it is utterly impossible for man to rightfully conceive the truths of God and possess them."

Truth, knowledge and love. How to solve the problem of what is true and what is not. TGRAB, vol. 2, pg. 337.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What is Truth? 01 Jul 2017 04:53 #8018

• Joan
I've been re-reading John's messages, and as it always is with the messages, some things that John wrote, which I didn't pay too much attention to earlier, are now having a bigger impact. He is teaching Mr. Padgett how to communicate the Truths with people who think they know the Truths, but they don't. If this has been posted before, we can just call it a refresher course. :)

"I know that men believe many things on account of their being ancient or having the authority of their forefathers, or some great saint or writer who lived many centuries ago, but such a basis for Truth, while worthy of consideration and examination, does not of itself - because of being old - afford any certainty that what is thus accepted contains the Truth.

Truth IS a thing very old, and existed for many thousands of centuries before the times in which these ancient writers, as you call them, lived, and in fact, those days of the writers, in comparison to what had gone before, are as yesterdays; and, therefore, you will see that because the declarations of these writers are what you consider very ancient, they should not be received as having authority.

Truths of those days, and of the long ages prior thereto and of the present time, are all the same, as TRUTH NEVER CHANGES or assumes new forms no matter what the conditions of mortals may be as to intellectual or spiritual development. And THEY MAY BE REVEALED TODAY, and are being constantly revealed as time progresses, and should be accepted with as much credence and satisfaction as any Truths that were ever disclosed in ancient days.

Important That Man Must Search and Find the Truth TGRABJ, vol. 2, pg. 269

What is Truth? 01 Jul 2017 18:52 #8019

• Joan
Did any of Jesus' disciples possess Divine Love before the Pentecost? What is the Truth? What did Jesus write?

"The only one of my disciples who had any approximate realization of what my coming to earth meant, was JOHN, and that was because of the GREAT AMOUNT OF LOVE that seemed to be a part of his nature and being. To him I explained my real mission and taught him the spiritual truths which I came to teach, and the only way in which mortals could receive that Love of the Father, which was necessary to make them one with the Father and enable them to partake of the Divinity of the Father.

Hence, only in John's Gospel is written the one necessary requirement to a full salvation and redemption of mankind. I mean the declaration that men must be born again in order to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. This is the only true way by which a man can become a true child of the Father, and fitted to live in and enjoy the Father's Kingdom to the fullest.

The other disciples had more or less conception of this necessary truth, but not the full comprehension of what it involved.
PETER was more possessed of this LOVE than were the other disciples, except John, and with it he also understood that I was the true son of my Father; but he never understood nor declared that I was God. He was a man filled with zeal and ambition, but his development of Love was not sufficient to enable him to fully realize that my Kingdom was not to be an earthly one, until after my death, and then the conviction came to him in all its truth and fullness, and he became the most powerful and influential of all my disciples.

After the Pentecost, all of my disciples understood what my real mission was, and they went into the world and preached the true doctrines of my mission on earth, and the Love of the Father for His children, and the fact that that Love was waiting for all who should seek for it."

The Condition of the World When Jesus Came to Teach TGRABJ, vol. 1, pg. 296

What is Truth? 01 Aug 2017 15:09 #8023

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have prayed many times for such a Pentecost. It was obviously necessary for the apostles as they were rattled by Jesus' death and lived in hiding in fear for their lives. Even Peter denied knowing the Master to save his own skin. To get them focused and also qualified by virtue of their own soul development it was going to take a massive outpouring of God's Divine Love to get this group of guys spiritually fit to undertake the task at hand.

Sometimes, I feel like I could use a good kick in the pants too.

What is Truth? 23 Jan 2021 04:29 #8308

• Joan
Dan, you crack me up!

This is another informative and thoughtful thread that Ian started ten years ago. It's as relevant now as it was then, so enjoy!