Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

What is Truth? 10 Sep 2016 17:15 #7813

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi Dan, I first hit on this subject about 7 or 8 years ago and read a book by Samuel Rowbotham (Earth not a globe) and thought well maybe, as it wasn't one of my main concerns at that time I just forgot about it, because really I couldn't care less what the shape the earth is, this information isn't going to redeem anyone, but saying that I read that some people who didn't believe in God now believe that there must be one because they now believe the earth is flat and there is a firmament above it, so for them this information changed their belief from an atheistic view to a belief in a creator so they say.

In the last year I have a renewed interest in it and have studied the evidence that is presented out there and came to the conclusion that the earth could not be a spinning globe, and it appears to me from the many comments I have read from people who have been bothered to do the research and look at the evidence with the aim of arriving at the truth, do change their belief and are glad about it.

It maybe hard for someone to change a belief of a lifetime because it rocks their conceptions of all kinds of beliefs they may hold and not many want to do that.
I doubt if the whole truth about the earth has been revealed, it could be that the earth is flat and is on a enormous sphere, who knows.

All the photos from nasa are cgi, nasa calls them composites on their website, that means there are no real whole photos of earth, you should look at them Dan, all different from year to year and America seems to grow and get smaller throughout these years, all of them are proven fakes, take the time to look into it and you will see too.

I decided a long time ago that I want the truth, the truth about everything and I knew that the beliefs I had could not get in the way of my searching because then I would be bias and the search would be tainted with old beliefs that I had been taught that might not be true.
I didn't take into consideration what I thought the truth should be about a subject, I just knew that the truth was to be found for those who seek it and realised that we need to seek from a neutral standpoint, as if we don't know what the truth is, I trusted Jesus words when he said "seek and you will find." And this incidentally is how I found these messages.

As I said I don't really care what shape the earth is, what I care about is the truth that the Father wants us to know, but there is one thing that does bother me, and it's this, every country in the world teach their people that we live on a spinning globe, created by a big bang spiraling aimlessly into nothingness, perfect for the atheist don't ya think.

As one of the worst dictators of the previous century said “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
That seems to be true, sigh.

Anyway maybe that's enough about this subject on this website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What is Truth? 10 Sep 2016 17:42 #7814

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Like yourself Ian, I really don't care what shape the earth is as this is such a mundane and material subject that has nothing to with spirituality. However, you said it well that we must be open minded and not attached to our beliefs in our search for truth.

What is Truth? 10 Sep 2016 17:56 #7815

• Ian
This is what I consider truth to be.
Truth must be truth that will always be truth, on earth in any time period, in the spiritual realms and the celestial heavens for all eternity.
So when we find a truth that will always be truth this does not mean that it is all of the truth, but it must be a truth that can never become an untruth.
So lets speak a truth, "God is love" this will always be a truth but it is not all of the truth because God is much more, so the truth as we find it expands and becomes more as our understanding of God's love develops, so will the uttered truth that "God is love" become more and a deeper understanding comes to us., This does not change the original truth that we had that "God is love" this will always be true.
So we knew a truth, but must also admittedly know that it is not all of the truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

What is Truth? 11 Sep 2016 15:45 #7817

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That's such a clear way of looking at the truth Ian. What I'm hearing you say is that truth is forever and never changes but it's our understanding of it that does according to our spiritual condition.

Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13:12, For now we see through a glass darkly, speaking to our ability to see God and Truth as changing from the obscure to clear. That's the net effect of God's Divine Love in our soul's as it changes our perception of truth and brings everything to a clear focus.

What is Truth? 11 Sep 2016 20:48 #7818

• Ian
The truth that God wants us to know is wonderful, and when we know this truth it makes us humble and thankful because we know how great this gift is He is offering us, but the truth about this world will sadden the one who finds it.
So I pray often to the Father and feel the joy in my heart and soul and smile, and it is this that keeps me afloat in this world that I am temporarily in, but not of.

What is Truth? 12 Sep 2016 14:26 #7819

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wonderful words Ian and a sobering thought about those who seek no higher than this world. I'm happy but amazed that I saw the truth of the Divine Love the first time I read Jesus' messages as written through James Padgett. Why is one blind to these truths when presented and others can see them clearly? I have no doubt that some of us had received God's Divine Love at an earlier age before finding Jesus' New Gospel of the Divine Love. How else could we see the truth when we first found these revelatory messages through Padgett? It takes soul's perceptions to see the higher truths of God and it takes God's Divine Love to develop within us, soul's perceptions. So, taking this further, how is it that we may have received God's Divine Love as children? Something within us longed for God so much that he sent His Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His Love. And for that I'm amazed I found the highest truth in this universe, the transformation of a mortal soul into a Divine Angel even as an earthling. Oh my, how wonderful is this Gift. Yes Ian, and so humbling. I love you brother.

Dan