Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

What is Truth? 08 Sep 2016 15:27 #7805

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Last night we took our youngest son out to dinner and we talked about truth. I said truth can be such a mysterious thing because what we think is true sometimes is not. At one time it was believed the earth was flat and sailors feared falling over the edge. Some did not believe this truth and discovered it's falsity.

So what we believe as true may not be true so what is one to do? DESIRE truth and never stop seeking it. The desire for the truth is what ultimately delivers us to the truth. This simple truth is so fundamental for truth seekers everywhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Truth, keep it simple 08 Sep 2016 20:36 #7807

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
Are you sure that the earth is not flat Dan? Go to youtube and type in "flat earth" look at the overwhelming number of videos and scientific evidence that show that it might well be flat, there's definitely enough proof proving that it cannot be what science has drummed into the people the last 500 years.
I'll guarantee if you do the research your belief will change, if you want some good links let me know, watch out for the trolls they are abound within the flat earth movement.

What is Truth? 09 Sep 2016 14:19 #7808

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ian, I had heard of this theory and read a little on it, however I still believe in the traditional spherical earth view. That's in part from my boating experience in coastal waters as I can see the horizon dip away especially when viewing large ships. At first you can barely see their full elevation and only the masts of the ship. As they sail toward you, the boat begins to grow in size as it emerges from the horizon. I can see this spherical shape as well from an airplane. Kinda hard to deny empirical knowledge.

What is Truth? 09 Sep 2016 16:28 #7810

• Ian
According to the scientists this buoy should be over the horizon because of the curvature of the earth and to the naked eye it appears so, but today people have powerful cameras that can zoom in.

121,000 feet Little Piggy Cam High Altitude Balloon Flight, a lot higher than a plane can fly, the horizon looks flat to me.

What is Truth? 09 Sep 2016 22:14 #7811

• Ian
In the messages they say there is a firmament, a dome over the earth, they also mention stars and planets, I looked up what these words meant in ancient Greek because this is where we get words like cosmos, universe, world, planets stars.

This is what they say planets are "wandering stars" for star-like objects which apparently moved over the sky."
The word "world" meant universe.

What has happened though is, modern science has changed the meaning of these words to suit what they want us to believe. I'm saying this only for the sake of what is mentioned in the messages about planets, stars, universe and world mentioned therein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

What is Truth? 10 Sep 2016 15:30 #7812

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Both sides offer up much proof as evidence of their theories Ian regarding flat earth vs spherical. Hard for me to believe that all of the photographs of the earth from space are a fraud though. This is a good example of our search for truth as we offer opposing view points. There is however one truth regarding this, something that I heard coined once as the "True North Principal". Folks can debate where true north is but there is only one true north despite our opinions to the same. And so it is with the earth as the earth is either spherical or not. Perhaps the lesson here is that we never close our minds and never stop asking questions as to the truth of all things. Eventually we will come to the truth of this and any other alleged truth that we query. My son said, wouldn't that be a hoot if we go full circle from flat earth back to flat earth.

Truth: seek and ye shall find.