Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:What is Truth? 03 Sep 2012 14:32 #5872

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
You answered your own question, you asked for the truth and it came before you finished writing your post, talking of coincidences, I just read this from Jesus before I read your post which I think is relevant.
Jesus talking to Mr. Padgett.
"Just here I want to say that you, in your day, will not receive all the truths of the infinite. Always new ones will come to the knowledge of men, and the revelations of truth will never have a finality, and no man or spirit can ever be able to say that his knowledge is complete.

Progress is the one law of the universe that exists always, and man, when he gets in condition, will always be the object and subject of that law."

The Truth Concerning The End of The World

An eternity of progression, awesome!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is Truth? 05 Sep 2012 21:31 #5876

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
This is an excerpt from John's message that I thought would be well worth reading here.

"The church is the greatest of social centers in the lives of men, and its influence and power are very great and reaches further in the economy of social life than unthinking people may realize.

So then when the applicant subscribes to the creed and becomes a member of the church he becomes satisfied, usually, with his social position and his thoughts of spiritual truths are no longer plastic but fixed, and as time goes by he pays less attention to what the creeds may require of him, but in a kind of automatic manner acts upon them and rests satisfied. His position then becomes so comfortable and his mind free from efforts by the undoubting acceptance of the doctrines of his church creeds.

Of course, there are many exceptions to this condition existing among members of the churches, for while they subscribe to the creeds, yet, their souls are not satisfied and go out in longings to the Father for His Love and many who possess this Love, though intellectually they do not know what it means.

But with the majority, the preference is made because of the reasons that I have stated - and the difficulty will be great to cause an awakening from this satisfaction and feeling that in their beliefs lie the certainty of doing the Father's will and of their own salvation.

Now, while all this is true, yet these mortals do not realize that it is true just in the sense that I have described it, and the great work that lies before you and us, is to cause the truths which you are receiving to be presented to these people in such a way, that they will not be satisfied to rest in the security of their old beliefs, but be persuaded to seek for the truth outside of the teachings of their creeds.

And this I can say, that if these people will have such an awakening, and seriously and honestly seek for the truth, they will not hesitate to believe that they have been mistaken in their beliefs and will not be satisfied until they learn the truth."

What is the reason that mortals will not seek the Love of the Father

Re:What is Truth? 06 Sep 2012 14:58 #5877

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jesus wrote through James Padgett:

Just here I want to say that you, in your day, will not receive all the truths of the infinite. Always new ones will come to the knowledge of men, and the revelations of truth will never have a finality, and no man or spirit can ever be able to say that his knowledge is complete.

Ian, this is the very message that others have used to justify the introduction of contemporary messages from the spirit world, many of which are not in concert with Jesus' teachings nor do they teach of the New Birth. Further, some of these folks challenge the exclusive nature of these messages from Jesus. Perhaps they believe that new revelations will emerge that will supplant those original teachings by Jesus through James Padgett, the greatest medium the world has ever seen.

Jesus declared in his revelatory messages through James Padgett that his speaking to the world through these messages is the fulfillment of his Second Coming. That he, Jesus will not return again to the earth, in an earthly or celestial body but in the form of a revelation from God. That revelation is the New Birth of the soul through the inflowing of God's Divine Love into the mortal soul. There will never be a higher teaching than this that will ever be delivered through any medium as this is the quintessential teaching of Jesus that he spoke of 2000 years ago and teaches us today. Truth does not change nor does it compromise itself according to the thoughts and beliefs of man or spirit.

The teaching of the Birth remains, as it did when he walked in Palestine, as Jesus' principal teaching of truth and one that is not seen or heard of in many of these so called contemporary messages from so called contemporary mediums. These contemporary messages are touted as truth and to the reader I say; buyer beware.

With love,
Dan

Re:What is Truth? 07 Sep 2012 09:11 #5878

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
Now who would be behind the infiltration of people who attempt to confound and destroy the truth?

The harvest is ripe and the laborers are few! there are also those who wish to taint the messages of truth that lead to the harvest, and some even trample on it and make the work of the laborers near impossible.

They should try their best to understand this.

God has decreed that His Universe shall be one of harmony in its workings, and that no man shall destroy or interfere with that harmony; and no man can. But, as man is a part of that harmony, his every act which tends to interfere therewith (and it does not, except as to himself) brings upon himself the penalty of that interference.

Let a man who has violated this harmony (and thereby becomes inharmonious himself) again get into that harmony, and, as to him, there would be no sin or error. Let every man do this, and there would be no sin or error in all God's universe. So I repeat, there is no sin or error in the abstract in all the universe. They appear only when man himself, in the exercise of his will, interferes with the harmony of God's laws. It makes no difference what the cause of this interference may be; in what way the will of man may have been exercised, or for what reason inharmony is brought about. The effect is the same, because harmony and inharmony cannot exist together, no matter what the cause may be. It does not matter that, in one case, the cause may appear excusable, or even apparently forced on the individual. The excuse for, or apparent justification of the cause will not make what is inharmonious unite and work in unison with God's laws of harmony.

And hence, the man whose will may be excused in the way mentioned by reason of heredity, or environments, or want of proper mental or moral instruction, is just as much out of harmony with the violated law as is the man who willfully violates the law.

The penalty must be enforced just the same in each case, as the only remedy is the restoration of the harmony. But there is this difference between the individuals of what may be called the involuntary class and the individuals of the voluntary class: The former will find it easier and faster to get into this condition of harmony than will the latter.

So, man must not accuse God of permitting sin and error to exist in the world, as they do not exist, except as man brings them into existence by the wrongful exercise of his will. All sin and error bring their sufferings. And if there were no sufferings, and men were permitted to exercise their wills irrespective of the laws which govern the universe, and without incurring the penalties, then the only result would be that anarchy would prevail in all God's Universe where men live, and in the spirit universe as well.

However, the will and its great franchise of unrestricted exercise pass with the mortal when he leaves his material body.
Sin Has No Existence Except as It Is Created by Mankind, and Man Must Pay the Penalties

Re:What is Truth? 08 Sep 2012 14:07 #5879

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is an interesting topic for discussion Joan as it reminds me of those who mix the teachings of the Divine Love with other New Age teachings. Have they not had that awakening within them that John speaks to that causes them to see that they are mistaken to combine Jesus' teachings with the Urantia book and other New Age teachings that do not teach of the New Birth. Many of these other Divine Love web sites showcase such New Age teachings along with so called contemporary spirit messages from wanabee mediums that is nothing more than the over heated imagination and fabricated thoughts of the writers.

I asked another DL follower, who like myself, have followed the teachings of Jesus as written through James Padgett for over 40 years; what new truths have been revealed thru contemporary mediumship since the Jesus' revelations were delivered thru James Padgett? We both personally know all of those who claim to be contemporary mediums in the world today who are linked to this Divine Love movement and cannot recall a single truth or spiritual law that has been channeled from the spirit world since James Padgett's great revelations from Jesus in 1914 that rivals or compares to the body of work James Padgett received.

Perhaps this is a warning to those who seek truth and go to various Divine Love sites and read of those things that detract and distract from the simple truths as revealed through James Padgett. It appears to be a spiritual free for all where some will allow alleged mediums to post anything on their site without peer review, others rally behind new contemporary spirit messages from unknows that reveal little spiritual truth but is filled with flowery Pollyanna language and another claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus. Let's all get back to our roots and to the main message of Jesus of the New Birth of the soul through God's Divine Love. Let's wake up and run with this wonderful truth and not distill it with other non-essential and erroneous teachings that detract from our soul progression.

With love,
Dan

Re:What is Truth? 13 Nov 2013 21:39 #6075

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Here's an excerpt from John's message, which I think is very good:

"I was with you tonight and heard the preacher answer the question, and some of his answers were very satisfactory, but there was one that did not exactly satisfy the true longings of the man who is in search of truth, I mean the one that asks what should a man do who is not satisfied with any of the churches.

Well, if he can find no church that provides truths that satisfy that man's inquiring soul, then that man can never feel that he should go to any church for information as to those things which he has no knowledge, of or which he has grave doubts about.

The churches, of course, can give no information of truths that the churches themselves do not know, and if the truths that these churches teach fall short of what the man is seeking for, then these churches cannot possibly be satisfactory to him. While the churches differ in their creed and government, and perhaps in some particular construction or interpretation of the Bible, yet they, the orthodox churches, are all founded upon the teachings of the Bible, and they cannot teach greater or other truths than that Book contains, and, hence, if a man is seeking for truths that are not in the Bible, his inquiries cannot be answered by those whose knowledge is confined to the Bible teachings.

And the non-orthodox churches cannot give forth the truths of the spiritual kingdom of God, for they to a large degree reject the Bible and depend very largely upon ethical and moral doctrines, and the results of the works of mere conscience in determining the right and wrong of things. The spiritual things are not known or taught by these churches, and, consequently, the inquiring mind cannot get from them the information or help that it is calling for."

Read the full message What should a man do who is not satisfied with any of the churches