Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:Self Reliance vs Faith in God 12 May 2011 14:01 #4473

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Dan, I thought I would chime in here to your most interesting post.

Going through soul development with God's Divine Love is very much like working on our own individual home improvement projects, because as we know, our soul's conditions determine what type of homes we will reside in when we pass to the next world and, of course, as we progress through the spheres to the Celestial Heavens, each home is more beautiful than the last. For the past year, I've been simultaneously working on both my home and my soul... making incremental improvements on a room by room basis, all the while stepping up my prayers for the inflowing of God's magnificent Love.

What we have learned from Jesus' teachings is that our transformation is a gradual process... it's not like all of a sudden, hey guess what, I'm divine now. :cheer: The subtle changes that I have discovered about myself are that I am more at peace, I possess a greater understanding of what life is all about and, therefore, problems that come my way are easier to handle.

We know we have the keys to the kingdom here and even baby steps are so worthwhile as we strive to have an even closer relationship to our Heavenly Father.

God bless us all as we aspire to become Divine Angels on this amazing path that we've chosen.

With Love,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Self Reliance vs Faith in God 13 May 2011 12:14 #4474

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear Joan,

When I first read your post here and you talked about working on your home over the past year on a room by room basis, I thought you were talking about your spiritual home. This was my first thought which must have been from my spiritual mind because then my material mind stepped in and said, " not that one, the one in California". And as I'm writing this I realize on a much deeper spiritual level that my first thought was perhaps the correct one. Yes, you may have been changing things up a bit here on earth where you live now but your spiritual progession in the Divine Love is netting you another kind of change as well as you are building your future home in the spirit world as we speak with the Love you are receiving from your Heavenly Father. Wow, what a concept as I've never thought about this before as indeed this must be the thought of angels. Now you know Joan, when we pass over you've got to invite me over for a spot of tea so I can see what you've been doing all these years on your lovely home. As you may know I also wear the hat here on earth as a building inspector as I'm going to look very closely at all the beautiful details of your new home. Just leave on the front light in case I arrive after hours. ;)

Re:Self Reliance vs Faith in God 16 May 2011 15:08 #4486

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
If a person does not seek the truth, they won't find the truth, what they will find will be temporary at the most, a temporary truth or belief whether true or not.

A temporary truth or belief will one day fall, for example, I have a physical body is a temporary truth, at one time it did not have an existence and one day it will be gone.
Then we have a belief not based on truth, for example, there is no God, one day the person that believes this will find out that there is in fact a God, the belief that there is no God is not a truth, never was and never will be, we can call this a false belief, and the belief that there is a God, was always, is and always will be a truth, this belief is a truth even if the believer has no proof for their belief.
So the question "what is truth" must be something that is eternal, or has the potential to be eternal, we in that respect are potential truth, we have the possibility to become eternal-immortal.
Love is an eternal truth, it will always be the highest and best course of action to take, while hate or revenge will never become the best course of action to take, the latter is nothing more than a breaking of the law of love.

We do not have the authorisation from God to create our own truths or beliefs, we do not have the right to diverge from these truths at all, the truths are already created by God, we could say that these truths are the representatives of His being and we could call these truths, God's laws.
Blessings, Ian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

Re:Self Reliance vs Faith in God 17 May 2011 13:50 #4488

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Recently I was thinking about those whom will never embrace the higher Law of Divine Love and accept God's invitation and gift of His Grace as their salvation. I realized that those who do not seek this truth and therefore percieve it, will never be aware of that which they forfeited and to them it will be as if it never existed. I further realized how compassionate and loving God is for all His children regardless of belief as there is no punishment or condemnation from Him for those who reject and deny Him for such a misguided choice.

What is perplexing to me though is why a son or daughter of God would deny their creator and ignore Him as if He didn't exist? God is our Heavenly parent, who from the greatest depth of Love created us to share in the supreme joy of sharing together with Him, His Love, a life that some could call Nirvana. I suppose my view is a bit myopic at times as I expect that the world sees as I see, that accepting the Father's Love is a natural and easy choice to make and embrace.

It is said that beliefs are that which separates us from the truth and from God, however I think that there is also something else that factors into people's choices regarding their destiny. And that is "laziness". I see this disabling condition within myself and I see it all around me in others. Laziness can also be called procrastination as one puts off until tomorrow what should be done today. This is a, "I'll get around to it" mentality that unfortunately never gets addressed as folks put off making important choices regarding life decisions in favor of what they think are more urgent and mundane matters of the material. What most folks don't realize is that there is a time limit on the Divine Love option as it won't be available forever. Those that don't know of this are ignorant of this fact and those of us who do know of it have the responsibility, duty and honor of getting the word out before its too late and this option ends. I am sometimes embarassed at my own lethargy and laziness at not being more proactive in getting the word out in this regards; something to which I will pray to stop being a "fence sitter". :blink:

Your loving brother in Christ,
Dan

Re:Self Reliance vs Faith in God 18 May 2011 15:07 #4495

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
One example for why some people do not seek God.

Many people who say they do not believe in God, really are saying they fear God and therefore choose not to believe in a God that must be feared, is it possible to really love a God you fear? Or even love another person you fear for that matter, because this is what many religions teach and throughout the long years of this false teaching it has become embedded into the minds of men and women of every generation that has passed.
Of course, the seemingly opposite effect is that people not wanting to be on the wrong side of a vengful God, blindly follow what their preachers tell them, relying on what they say to be true and thus relieving themselves of doing anything that may actually connect them with God.
So from this one example it is easy to see that untruth does not and never will lead to truth because basic truth must become established first, and from there more truths will be revealed and gradually and incrementally God reveals Himself to the child, because the child asked.
Always it is a matter between the individual and God, and this is truth and always will be.

Seek Truth, Seek God.
Blessings, peace and Happiness Ian

Re:Self Reliance vs Faith in God 18 May 2011 16:18 #4496

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a father who ruled through fear and intimidation as his wrath was unpredictable but certain whenever I broke his rules. This was the traditional old school mentality of child rearing of spare the rod spoil the child. I eventually ran away from home, never to see my Father again as his overbearing nature was too much for me to bear. Perhaps lots of folks fear God because they mess up and make mistakes and fear his alleged punishment. If you're afraid of getting in trouble you usually don't want to be near the one who's going to punish you and you avoid them. All through the ages man has feared God's retribution and revenge for their wrong doings and adopted sacrifices as a means of appeasing God's alleged anger.

Thing is, God has no anger, retribution or revenge for his children as these are false beliefs and teachings engendered by guilt for doing wrong. Punishment for wrongdoing is inescapable, certain and real however it comes not from God but from our conscience memory of the misdeed in question in breaking the laws of harmony.

Perhaps as long as we live under the purview of God's laws and suffer when we break them we'll continue to live in fear. Man has patterned his laws in this same mentality. The reason that many folks follow the laws of man isn't because they're of such high moral character as they fear the punishment more from breaking them.

There is another way though and this is and was the original message of Jesus; the way of God's Divine Love. Jeremiah the prophet of old wrote of this in the Bible as God giving us a "new heart", and that God would write his law into our hearts. This is the New Birth of the Divine Love that is Jesus' core message to humankind that transforms our hearts such that all of our thoughts, intentions and actions are naturally harmonized with all of God's Laws without prethought or self management in monitoring ourselves for homeostatic harmony. In other words rather than following the letter of the law for fear of what might happen if we break it, that we live in love and faith that God's Love is all we need to be focused on for our harmony and personal fulfillment.

The choice is simple; fear or Love.

With love,
Dan