Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 25 Feb 2012 04:22 #5625

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Where did the story of Genesis come from? Is it true or not?

Excerpt from a message by Leyturgus received by James E. Padgett on August 15, 1915:

"I was a native of Arabia and lived before the time of Abraham, the Jewish patriarch.

I come to you tonight to tell you that before the Jewish Testament was written, I had written a book containing a description of creation and of the fall of man, and that the book of Genesis was copied after my writings, which were founded on traditions older than were the description of Genesis.

These descriptions of the creation of the world were not the works of men inspired by the angels or by any other instrumentalities of God, but were the results of the imaginations of the minds of men who lived long before I lived, and who left only tradition of their writings or teachings. I say all this to show you that the world has existed for many thousands of years longer than the account of its creation in the Jewish Scriptures would lead you to think.

I don't know when it was created and I have not found any spirit in the spiritual world who does know. Of course no spirit would know of his own knowledge because in the natural order of things, man must have been created subsequent to the creation of those things which were necessary for his sustenance and comfort. I have never seen any angels who were not at one time mortals, and hence I could not learn from them when the world was created and I have never seen any angels or spirits to whom God has made this revelation. So I say the creation of the world or rather any account if it is all a matter of speculation and tradition.

Yes, I have been informed as to the fall of man.

My information is as follows: - When man was created he was made two-fold, - that is there were male and female beings - which was intended to make a perfect one without losing any individuality on the part of either. Their names were not Adam and Eve, but Aman and Amon, which meant the male Am and the female Am. Am meaning the exalted creation of God...

No apple or anything else that was intended to be eaten, formed any part of the fall...

To read the full message, click here: Leyturgus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 14 Dec 2014 18:17 #6800

• Joan
Here's a truth in the Bible:

James 4:8 - Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 17 Dec 2014 04:34 #6803

• Joan
John 14:6 - Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

~ ~ ~

Message received by James E. Padgett:

When I said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life," I meant that through my teachings and example - men should be able to find God. I was not God and never claimed to be. The worship of me as a God is blasphemous and I did not teach it. I am a son of God as you are.

Jesus is not God, but was sent by the Father

The truth and errors in the Bible. 17 Dec 2014 13:44 #6804

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This one is not necessarily my favorite but one that I was in discussion on FB recently. The poster was using this as a question regarding the true piety of tele-evangalists like Joyce Meyer who are very wealthy.

In this story, Jesus is approached by a young rich man who wants to know how to inherit the Kingdom of God and the Master allegedly tells him to keep God's commandments. The seeker asked what more could he do? And Jesus instructed him to sell all that he owned and give to the poor and to follow him for which he could not do. So Jesus told his apostles the metaphor of the rich man and the camel passing through the eye of a needle.

My reply was that renunciation of worldly things has nothing to do with inheriting the Kingdom of God but to be saved by God's Love. This is also the traditional Christian view that we are saved not by acts, but by Grace.

I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:23-26

The truth and errors in the Bible. 20 Dec 2014 16:10 #6809

• Joan
Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

~ ~ ~

This is NOT the truth.

It is God's Divine Love that is our "savior," not a belief in Jesus' death.

The truth and errors in the Bible. 20 Dec 2014 16:15 #6810

• Joan
Psalm 2:11 - Serve the Lord with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.

~ ~ ~

Oh mercy, this Bible verse is preposterous and so in error.

God is Love. He comes to us in Love and in no way, shape or form, does He want us to fear Him... ever.