Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 31 Jul 2011 21:16 #4776

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Ian wrote:

I did thoroughly read the bible from cover to cover about twenty five years ago, I also re-read specific texts over the course of about a year, I think I know why people hold onto the bible as the source of truth even though they may shudder at some of the things this book contains, especially in the old testament, and going from how I felt after reading it, which was a kind of strange fear, the fear to believe it just in case, although this didn't last long and my search for truth continued, I do feel that many who have been brought up on this book may not be aware over what it has done to them.

I also think that there are a lot of good things in the bible and many truths, but on the whole it creates fear and maybe even confusion in the person that believes it totally.

Good points, Ian. What I know and now understand from posting on a Christian forum is just how much fear they do have. I believe that it's compounded by their belief in the Bible and what they are told by their particular church leaders, who want to keep their congregation in fear, which means to keep their congregation, otherwise, lots of people would be out of a job!

The curious thing about their beliefs is they think that the Bible is the inspired word of God. Well, where did that inspiration come from? His spirit? But yet when I post links to Jesus' teachings, which are all from spirits, this is the type of response that it brings... from one recent poster who commented about a paragraph from Luke:

"You may take the word of a demonic spirit claiming to be Luke and channeled through a seer, but I think I'll stick with the word of God found in the Bible."

So, according to them, only a select few who lived thousands of years ago had the privilege of receiving "God's word," and anyone who makes this claim thereafter is being woefully deceived. Well, we know the real truth and whatever they think isn't going to deter me from sharing it... all of God's children need to be aware of it... bottom line. :)

Love,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 03 Sep 2011 15:23 #4971

• Joan
As I've posted on different threads, I am also a member of a Christian forum. I post there from time to time, the true teachings of Jesus as written through James E. Padgett and is the basis for Ian's website.

In checking out some of their recent posts this morning, I came upon this most interesting thread titled: "Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!" So inasmuch as this thread is focused on the very same thing, I was very curious to learn what truths it contained.

My immediate thought after reading it was as Jesus wrote in a couple of his messages: "the river can never run higher than its source."

"I know many men believe that the creeds of the churches are what is necessary for the salvation of mankind (I mean as to baptism and observance of the sacraments, and the belief that men may be saved in my name) - that these are sufficient and all that are necessary to ensure them an entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven. They rest in such belief with the feelings of assurance that nothing else is required or to be sought for and acquired in any other way.

The large majority of professing Christians are in this state of belief; hence, the greater number of mankind will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven, or become Divine in their natures. I have already told you what is the future of those who possess this Divine Nature of the Father, and now I will confine my message to the future of this great majority.

As you may know, the river can never run higher than its source, and neither can this majority attain to a perfection and happiness superior to that which was possessed by man before the time of the fall from the state of his perfect creation. Hence, no matter how great his progress may be in his natural love, or in his moral or mental qualities, he can never excel the first created man as he was before the fall. And the only possible future for this vast majority is the condition and development that existed in the perfect man of God's first Creation."
The Destiny of the Man Who Does Not Have the Divine Love in His Soul, and Who Dies with Only the Natural Love and a Belief in the Creeds and Dogmas of the Churches

In that thread, there were several Bible verses referring to the "dead" and "death." It was apparent that the poster takes this as a literal meaning and has no idea that it has to do with our soul's condition.

But I was amazed at the very first Bible verse that was quoted:

2 Timothy 3:16 - All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

As you might imagine the words "for correction" caught my attention and I even looked up this verse in my copy of the King James Bible that I use for reference to make sure that it said the same thing and it did.

So it is no wonder that the Bible has been rewritten so many times without objection by the Christians... we can only pray that maybe in one of the next re-writes in the future, it will contain the true teachings of Jesus. :)

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 04 Sep 2011 09:32 #4979

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
Message from Luke:
I know that in various parts of the New Testament, it is said that the blood of Jesus washes away all sin, and that his death on the cross satisfies the Father's demand for justice; and therein there are many similar expressions conveying the same idea. But these sayings of the Bible were never written by the persons to whom they are ascribed, but by writers who, in their various translations and alleged reproductions of these writings, added to and eliminated from the writings of the original writers, until the Bible became filled with these false doctrines and teachings.

The writers of the Bible, as it now stands, were persons who belonged to the church which was nationalized about the time of Constantine, and as such, had imposed upon them the duty of writing such ideas as the rulers, or governors of this church conceived should be incorporated in the Bible, for the purpose of carrying out their ideas in order to subserve the interests of the church, and to give it such temporal power, as it never could have had under the teachings and guidance of the pure doctrines of the Master.

For nearly two thousand years this false doctrine of the atonement has been believed in and accepted by the so called Christian churches, and has been promulgated by these churches as the true doctrine of Jesus and the one upon which the salvation of man depends; and the consequences have been that men have believed that the only things necessary to their salvation and reconciliation to God, were the death of Jesus and the washing away of their sins by the blood shed on Calvary.

If men only knew how futile his death was and how inefficacious his blood is to wash away sin and pay the debt to the Father, they would not rest in the assurance that all they have to do is to believe in this sacrifice and this blood, but would learn the true plan of salvation and make every effort in their power to follow that plan, and as a consequence, have their souls developed so that they would come into harmony with the Father's love and laws.
The Atonement, part 1

Continued, Luke:
There is no other way in which man can become at one with the Father - in which the image can be transformed into the Substance - than the Way that Jesus taught, but which seems not to have been understood by men after the church became a church of temporal power, and after the Bible or the writings of the apostles were, emasculated and the thoughts and desires of men interpolated in the place of the gospel of peace and salvation. Yet there is in the gospel of John, one declaration of the true Plan of Salvation, though it is little understood and almost ignored in practical teachings and observances of the churches and their members, and that is "except a man be born again he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God."

These words of the New Birth are the only words that declare the true doctrine of the atonement. No death of Jesus on the cross, no shedding of blood or washing away of sins by the blood, no paying of any debt and no believing in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ, will bring men into at-one-ment with the Father and make them partakers of his Divine Nature or fit them to become inhabitants of His Kingdom. Only the New Birth is efficacious for this purpose, and no other plan did Jesus ever teach and is not now teaching.

Then what is meant by the New Birth?
The Atonement, part 2

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 05 Sep 2011 14:03 #4986

• Joan
1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love, does not know God, because God is love.

Just thought I'd share this... what can be found in the Bible are tidbits of the Truth and this one, I'm happy to say, is a gigantic one! :cheer:

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 30 Dec 2011 14:47 #5505

• Joan
From James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 12 Jan 2012 14:20 #5535

• Joan
This Bible verse is being talked about extensively in the media lately, thanks to a very popular football star, who wears his heart on his sleeve for Jesus after he throws a touchdown.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

There are many posts galore on this forum and messages from Jesus on the website, which refute this Bible verse because it is in error. The one and only thing that brings to us eternal life is "God's Divine Love."

Make no mistake about it, each and everyone of us who are receiving God's Divine Love in our souls, deeply love Jesus, as he is our brother and mentor and the most wonderful man, who ever walked this earth. But he doesn't save our souls, he just leads us to the way to get the job done. And we thank him every day that he took the time to write through James E. Padgett, so that we would have the information we need to begin the process of soul development.

My prayer is that the truth will get out to this young man and to all of God's children, so they will know what is the real truth of salvation.

Love and blessings,
Joan