Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 27 Apr 2011 21:23 #4430

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Here are a couple of Bible verses about God's Love and the Holy Spirit that made me smile. :)

Romans 5:5 - And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Joel 2:28 - And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 29 Apr 2011 16:02 #4434

• Joan
And these two: :)

Ezekiel 36:24-27 - For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 01 May 2011 17:09 #4441

• Joan
Here is a Bible verse that mentions "perfect love." As followers of Jesus' teachings, we know that this "perfect love" is God's Divine Love.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

In Andrew's message to James E. Padgett on September 17, 1915, he writes about the exact same thing:

"I came to tell you that where love is, there can be no sin or unhappiness, and fear is not.

We, who live in the Celestial Spheres, know this to be a fact, and with all the force and authority that knowledge gives, we declare this truth unto you tonight, the love that casteth out all fear is the Divine Love of the Father, and when a spirit obtains that, there exists no such thing as fear, and nothing that could create or permit fear to exist."

Divine Love Casteth Out All Fear

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 04 May 2011 14:19 #4451

• Joan
In the Lord's Prayer, which many of us may have recited and memorized prior to learning about Jesus' teachings through James E. Padgett, there is an error which Jesus wrote about in the message below:

Matthew 6:9-13 - The Lord’s Prayer - After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever.
Amen.

Jesus:

Well, I will explain that sentence in one of my messages very soon, and will to the satisfaction of your friend show that God never leads any of his children into temptation, and that I never said in teaching my disciples the Lord's prayer, that they should pray that God would not lead them into temptation. I will also write you the actual prayer which I taught them, and which is the true prayer which all men with fervent, honest, longing hearts should offer to the Father. So let not this trouble you or your friend, for God does not lead men into temptation, but, on the contrary, uses the influence of his righteous spirits upon them to help them resist all temptation.

Jesus refers to Mr Padgett's wife's description of the Third Celestial Sphere

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 08 May 2011 17:19 #4462

• Joan
In this Bible verse, Jesus speaks about the "many mansions" that he would prepare when he went to Heaven and he clarifies what he meant in his writing through James E. Padgett. In order to become inhabitants of one of these "many mansions," our souls must become completely purified with God's Divine Love. In another thread there are several descriptions of the appearance of these beautiful mansions and what spirit life is like in the Divine Love Spheres in the Celestial Heavens...(click here: (Description of Divine Love Spheres in the Spirit World).

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions. if it were not so, I would have told you. I go and prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Jesus:

I meant that I would go to the Celestial Spheres where I now am and prepare these mansions, which I have now done. And it rests with spirits and mortals only to become inhabitants thereof.

In My Father’s House Are Many Mansions

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 24 May 2011 14:20 #4507

• Joan
Here is a nice Bible verse that speaks about the Love of God and that He will help us at all times and show us His salvation. In Jesus' teachings, we know that this salvation is God's Divine Love and it's what we must seek and pray for with the earnest and sincere longings of our soul.

Psalm 91:14-16

Because he hath set his love upon me,
Therefore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high,
Because he hath known my name.

He shall call upon me,
And I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honor him

With long life will I satisfy him,
And show him my salvation.

----

Jesus explains here that the natural love that we are born with - when purified and free from sin - is not sufficient to bring about our salvation. Only God's Divine Love through the workings of the Holy Spirit will bring about our salvation and at-onement with God, our Heavenly Father.

"This Love is not the love that is a part of man's natural existence; the love that men have, who have not received a part of the Divine Love, is not sufficient to make them one with the Father. Nor is that love the kind that will enable them to enter the Celestial Spheres and become as the angels, who are filled with this Divine Love and who always do the Will of the Father. This Love is found only in the souls of those who have received It through the ministrations of the Holy Spirit - the only instrument of God's workings that is used in bringing about the salvation of men."

The Divine Love of the Father and the New Birth of the Soul