Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 19 Jan 2014 17:45 #6276

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
The evil ones are with all mortals, and the condition of the soul determines whether they, the evil ones, can or not make a rapport with the mortals; and when this love comes into the soul such rapport is impossible. Then the secret of overcoming temptations is to have the soul qualities in such condition that the rapport cannot be made.

I know that men, sometimes, by their course of thinking of things good and pure, invite this rapport, but this is not to be relied on as a sure preventive, for thoughts are changeable and the results of the appetites and emotions, and the natural, as I may say, tendencies of men are to gratify these appetites when not curbed, by the higher development of their moral qualities, which qualities are very susceptible to the influence of the sensual natures of man.

I felt the necessity of writing to you as I have, for it is so important both for yourself, personally, and as my instrument for the work that has been given you to do, that you acquire more of this love and the knowledge, by which you may be helped so very much to overcome these temptations and influences. The more love, the less the power of temptation and the possibility of thoughts that do not find their source in this love.

So I say to you: watch and pray.
The Father's Love is never far away, when temptation strikes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 19 Jan 2014 17:47 #6277

• Ian
Question: what does it mean to be "born again?"

It is the flowing of the Holy Spirit into the soul of a man and the disappearing of all that tended to keep it in a condition of sin and error. It is not the workings of the man's own will but the Grace of God. It is the Love of God that passes all understanding.

You will soon experience the change, and then you will be a happy man and fit to lead others to the truths of God. Let your heart be open to the knockings of the Spirit, and keep your mind free from thoughts of sin. Be a man who loves his God and his fellow man. Your love is only now of the earthly kind, but it will soon be of the things spiritual.

You must not let the cares of this world keep you from God. Let His Spirit come into your soul. Your will is the thing that determines whether you will become a child of God or not. Unless you are willing to let the Holy Spirit enter into your heart, it will not do so. Only the voluntary submission to or acceptance of the Holy Spirit will make the change.
I was the instrument in God's hands of leading men to His favor and Love. When I said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life," I meant that through my teachings and example men should be able to find God. I was not God and never claimed to be. The worship of me as a God is blasphemous and I did not teach it. I am a son of God as you are.
Jesus is not God, but was sent by the Father

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 19 Jan 2014 17:49 #6278

• Ian
But this natural love will not be able to make them one with the Father, as I have before written; and the utmost of its powers and functions is to give them that happiness, which they will receive in living the life of a spirit or man unredeemed.

I will not say that man should not cultivate this love for his fellow man to the greatest possible degree, for he should; and if that should be the only kind of love that he may have, either on earth or in the spirit world, the more of it that he possesses the happier will he be, and the greater will be the happiness of his fellowman and fellow spirit. So when I said, when on earth, that men should love their God and love their fellow men as themselves, I meant that they should do so with all the possibilities of whatever love they might possess. Yet, if men would only learn, as they can, that there is no necessity for them to have only the natural love, but that they can all seek the Greater Love, and obtain the correspondingly greater happiness, and immortality.

Men do not realize this, though, and seem to be satisfied with this natural love, and the pleasures that ensue from its possession.
Jesus, On the love of man.

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 19 Jan 2014 17:51 #6279

• Ian
So, in the spirit world, when a man has committed sins on earth, the law of compensation demands that he must pay the penalty of these sins until there has been a full expiation, or until the law is satisfied. And this law does not change in its operations, and no man can avoid or run away from the inexorable demands of the law. He cannot of himself abate one jot or tittle of the penalties, but must pay to the last farthing as the Master said, and hence, he cannot, of himself hope to change the operations of this law.

But, as the Creator of all law has provided another and higher law, which, under certain conditions may be brought into operation and causes the former law to cease to operate, and man may experience the benefit of the workings of this higher law. So when God forgives a man of his sins, and makes him a new creature in his nature and love, he does not, for the particular case annihilate the law of compensation, but removes that upon which this law may operate.
Divine Forgiveness