Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 22 Feb 2011 09:22 #4042

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
God Works in Mysterious Ways.

After Jesus appeared to me back in the 1980's, I wrote it down here The Visit and conveyed to me some things I didn't know. The following day I took an hours bus ride to my mothers house to get my Grandmothers big old Bible, I have always felt that she was near and helped me since I was a child, so reading her personal bible was an easy decision.

My grandmother on my dads side, whom I never met as she died long before I was born, was a missionary for the Scottish Presbyterians and worked in Africa and India preaching the word of the Bible as I had been told. My dad was not religious at all, he never spoke about it in all the years I knew him and I surmise that he had good reasons for this.

Anyway, I had to find out about Jesus and the only source I knew of then was the Bible.
As I wasn't religious, never went to church, my knowledge about Jesus was next to none.
So I read the whole Bible, after I finished reading it, I would often return to the gospels in the new testament and attempt to decipher what was written about Jesus, his sayings and parables and I came so long in my understanding of it, but a lot of it remained a mystery with some added speculation and ideas from my interpretation based on what I was reading.

In the messages received by James E. Padgett, Jesus says that many things he did say are not preserved in the Bible, and many things he did not say have been inserted in it and are not entirely true. Also, there are things he did say that are in the Bible that are true if understood correctly.

Which leads me to the reason for writing this, because I feel that many would really like to know exactly what Jesus did say. So much mystery and speculations have been attributed to Jesus and his teachings since his coming to earth that it was decided that the time was ripe to reveal the truth, and anyone open enough in their searching and who will give some of their time to reading these messages, will find that the truth has been now given to mankind.
So I thought it would be a good idea to put down Jesus' true explanations that refer to his sayings and parables in the Bible.
So this thread will be about this, I have found some and I'm sure there are more, so if anyone finds another, just add it in a reply to this post.

Blessings, Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 22 Feb 2011 10:16 #4043

• Ian
The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these messages
Quotes from Jesus and others found in the messages.
Jesus:
I meant that I would go to the Celestial Spheres where I now am and prepare these mansions, which I have now done. And it rests with spirits and mortals only to become inhabitants thereof.
In My Father's House There Are Many Mansions
Jesus:
Yes, I said that my Father sent me and that is true. I did live before I came to earth, with my Father in the heavens and so did you.

I meant that in the Kingdom of God there are homes and that I would go and prepare a place where my followers should have a home with me, separate from the homes of the spirits who are not believers in or followers of me; that my kingdom was to be a separate kingdom from the other parts of the spirit lands, and that those who wanted to live with me would have to get this love of God in their hearts to do so. My kingdom is one where Love is supreme and where it is manifested in the purest and highest degree. I have not seen God in the sense that I have seen you, but that in the sense that my love is so very abundant and so truly His Love, that He appears to my soul's eyes just as plainly as you appear to my natural eyes.

Many of my sayings were merely symbolical and not intended to be taken literally. My Father cannot be seen by anyone of His children, and no man has ever seen Him, for He is not of form or substance that can be seen. You are now very near where you will see Him with your soul's eyes, as I did, and when you do, then you will be able to know that His Love is in your heart to its fullest. Why you are so greatly blessed with this Love and Faith I really do not know, even though I do know so much of His truth and Love. But I see that you have great possibilities of faith and love which will make you a most wonderful man doing His work of saving souls for His kingdom.

They are in a condition which prevents them from seeing that I am the true Jesus, and they will all be lost unless in some way, they get an awakening to the fact that only through me can they obtain the Love of the Father, which will enable them to enter His Kingdom.
I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, as I long ago said. They will be forever shut out of His kingdom and will live in the spirit land without this love to comfort and make them happy. I do not mean to say that they will all suffer eternal punishment, for they will not. The Father loves them all, but their state will be one of only comparative happiness, and they will not have within them that Love of the Father which is necessary to make them supremely happy.
Jesus Explains That God's Divine Love is Needed to Enter Into the Kingdom of God
Jesus:
So you see, all spirits in order to inhabit this kingdom must have the prescribed requirements of soul love and soul development. As I said when on earth, "He that enters into the sheepfold in any other way than through the gate, is a thief and a robber," and no thief or robber is fitted for this kingdom of divine love.

Let man know that no mercy or love of the Father will be given him to enable him to enter this kingdom, unless that man seeks this love and mercy in the way the Father has ordained that they shall be sought for. No special providence will be extended to any man, and if he comes to the marriage feast without his wedding garment he will be cast out and not permitted to enjoy the feast.

Men may reason to the extent of all their reasoning powers to prove that the Father, being a loving and merciful Father, will not cast them out or keep them from entering this kingdom because they are all His children and the objects of His love and favor, and that one is as dear to Him as the other, and that He is no respecter of persons and therefore will treat all alike. But I tell them that they are mistaken, and if they wait until the great day when the sheep shall be separated from the goats, they will realize to their everlasting exclusion from this kingdom that what I say is true.
Why Man Must Receive this Divine Love in Order to be Admitted to the Kingdom of Heaven, or Celestial Kingdom
Jesus:
Merely good deeds are not sufficient. Back of all deeds must be the soul's development, which results only from the possession of this love. I do not mean by this that deeds do not form a part of this development, for they do, but deeds without the possession of this love will never make a man the possessor of the one thing needful to ensure his entrance into the heavenly kingdom.

Men must love one another, and must of course, 'do unto each other as they would be done by.' If this rule of conduct were observed, men would be much happier on earth even if they do not possess the divine love that I speak of.

Life on earth is an important part of the great eternity of living, and men should realize this to its fullest meaning and not think the earth a mere stopping place where the spirit is enfolded in flesh only for the pleasures and gratification of its carnal appetites. This earth life is a fleeting shadow of the spirit life, but an important shadow to the happiness which man may enjoy in the future. It is the most important period of man's whole existence, and the way that such life is lived may determine the whole future life of a man. I don't mean that there is no redemption beyond the grave, for the mercy of the Father continues into the spirit life, but when man fails to accept this mercy, I mean the way in which he may become a divine child of the Father while in the earth life, he may never accept it in the spirit life.

As I said when on earth, “Strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leads to life eternal, and few there be who enter therein.”
And this saying applies to the spirit world as well as to the material world.
The Real Truth of Life on Earth and what it Means to Mortals
Jesus:
I was with you tonight at the meeting of the Christians, and saw that you were thinking of several things that I had written. You wanted to tell the preacher of my Truths, but of course you could not. He took a text from the Bible which I am credited with having uttered; and I did, but it did not mean exactly what he explained it to mean.

When I said, "He that liveth and believeth on me shall never die," I was referring to the man whose soul was not dead in sin, and who believed the Truths that I declared - that is, God's Divine Love was waiting to enter into and fill his soul with Its Essence and Substance. And if that man by faith received that Divine Love, he should never die - that is, he would become Immortal, as God is Immortal.

No mere belief in me as Jesus, the man, or as the son of God, is sufficient to give a man eternal life. For while he must believe that I was sent by the Father to proclaim the Great Truth that He had again bestowed on man the possibility of obtaining this Divine Love by his prayers and faith, yet unless he believed this and became the possessor of this Divine Love, he could never claim eternal life.
What Jesus Meant When He Said, "He That Liveth and Believeth on Me Shall Never Die"
Jesus:
I was with you at church in the morning and heard the minister's sermon, and saw that he did not rightly comprehend the meaning of the words of the texts: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do because I go unto my Father." and "If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it."

His explanation of what was meant by "greater works than I do" was not in accord with what I meant, or with the meaning that I intended to convey; for when I referred to "works," I meant those works which the world considered as miracles. I intended to assure my disciples that they would have power to do similar works, or perform similar miracles, to a greater extent than I had performed them. "Greater" referred to quantity and not to quality.

But this power, or the successful exercise of it, was not dependent upon belief in my name, but upon their faith in the power of the Father, and in the fact that He would confer upon them that power. There was no virtue in my name, or in me as the individual, Jesus; but all virtue rested in the faith that they might have in the Father. I never performed any of the so-called "miracles" of my own self, but they were all performed by the Father working through me. And just as He worked through me, He would also work through my disciples who should acquire the necessary faith.
"Verily, Verily, I Say unto You, He That Believeth on Me, the Works That I Do Shall He Do Also; and Greater Work than These Shall He Do Because I Go u
Jesus:
As I said when on earth, "Narrow is the Way and strait is the gate which leads to Life Everlasting, and few there be that enter therein," I repeat now; for it is apparent from the observation of the way in which mankind have exercised their will from the beginning - which God leaves free to their own volition - that a vast majority of men will never enter in at the strait gate, but will be content to live in the spheres and with the happiness which their natural love, in its perfect state and progress, will fit them for.
The Teachings of the Bible That Jesus' Blood Washes Away Sin, or That Jesus Died on the Cross for the Salvation of Men, are False
Jesus:
"As for the healing act which I performed at the pool of Bethesda, I am reported to have said, "Is it easier to say, 'take up thy bed and walk,'than for God to forgive your sin?"
Well, that is the way it is recorded, but that is not what I said.

Actually I said, "That thou may know that the son of man through the power of God can forgive sin, I say unto you, 'take up thy bed and walk.'"

It was only as God's instrument in showing man the way to His Divine Love, that I could bring about forgiveness of sin and not by any power of my own. If God did not forgive, I could not and neither can any man."

I know that a church claims that authority, but it is not correct. It has no power to forgive sin or to grant any favor or indulgence to mankind, and its assertions of that power is a mere usurpation of what God alone, has the power to give.
Jesus Discusses His Mission and Tells James That He is His Chosen One to Carry it Out
Nicodemus:
Oh, the long years that have gone by, since Jesus told me that I must be born again to inherit eternal life, and how comparatively seldom this great truth is taught by the churches and the teachers of religious matters.

This truth is at the very foundation of mankind's redemption, and until a man receives this New Birth he cannot possibly enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Men may claim to have faith in God and believe on Jesus' name and conform to all the essentials and sacraments of the churches, and yet, unless they have this New Birth, their faith and works as Christians are vain.

This I know from my own experience as well as from the teachings of the Master, and I desire to emphasize, with all the powers that I have, that it is the only important requirement to immortality. The New Birth means the flowing into the soul of a man, the Divine Love of the Father, so that that man becomes, as it were, a part of the Father in His Divinity and Immortality.
Nicodemus, on the importance of the New Birth
Jesus:
A saying that he did not say.

You are now in condition, and I will give you a short message. When I was on earth I was not worshiped as God, but was considered merely as the son of God in the sense that in me were imposed the Truths of my Father and many of His wonderful and mysterious powers. I did not proclaim myself to be God, neither did I permit any of my disciples to believe that I was God, but only that I was His beloved son sent to proclaim to mankind His truths, and show them the way to the Love of the Father.

I was not different from other men, except that I possessed to a degree this Love of God, which made me free from sin, and prevented the evils that formed a part of the nature of men from becoming a part of my nature. No man who believes that I am God has a knowledge of the truth, or is obeying the commandments of God by worshiping me. Such worshipers are blaspheming and are doing the cause of God and my teachings great injury.
Jesus is not God, or to be worshiped as God. Explains his mission.
Jesus:
I first became the Christ when I was anointed by my Father, and that occurred at the time of my baptism by John. I as Christ am different from myself as Jesus. Christ means that principle which the Father has conferred upon me, which made me at one with Him in the possession of this great love. Christ is that love itself made manifest in me as man. This Christ principle is universal and is everywhere, just as is the Holy Spirit, but I am limited in my place of occupancy just as you are.

I never as Jesus merely, promised the great gift, mentioned in the Bible, such as, where two or three are gathered together there will I be also; for it would be impossible for me to be in all places at the same time. But Christ, being without form or limitation, is omnipresent and, consequently, may fulfill my promise in this regard. Christ is as much alive today as ever. He was never crucified and never died as did Jesus.
The Birth and Life of Jesus. Description of Birth and Life of Jesus Up to the Time of His Public Ministry
Jesus:
This is the Great Miracle of the universe; and so high and sacred and merciful is the Transformation, that we call that part of God's spirit that so works, the Holy Spirit.

So let not teachers or preachers teach, or their hearers believe that every part of God's spirit that operates upon the hearts and thoughts and feelings of man, is the Holy Spirit, for it is not true. Its mission is the salvation of men in the sense of bringing them into that harmony with God, whereby the very souls of men will become a part of the Soul of God in substance, and not merely in image. And without this working of the Holy Spirit, men cannot achieve such union.

I have written to you before as to how this Holy Spirit works, the Way in which It can bring men the Divine Love of the Father, and what is necessary for Its inflowing. The Way described is the only Way, and men must not believe and rest in the security of the belief that every working of the spirit of God is the working of the Holy Spirit.

Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. And such attainment is only possible by the working of the Holy Spirit. Oh preacher, upon whom a great responsibility rests, learn the Truth and then lead men into the Way of salvation!
The Holy Spirit. Many Who Think That They Have Received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit Have Only Advanced in the Purification of Their Natural Love.

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 22 Feb 2011 13:44 #4045

• Ian
John:
But sometime after the Celestial Kingdom is closed, our work on earth, as well as in the spirit spheres will cease, and then our homes in the Celestial Spheres will be our only places of labor and love.

The kingdom will be completed--the door of the Heavenly Kingdom closed, and the angelic hosts become separated from the spiritual or perfect man. Such is the decree.

And as the Father desires all men to become at-one with Him in His Divinity of Love, we must work until the great day of the consummation of the Kingdom arrives, and spirits who have not on the wedding garments, shall suffer the doom of the second death.

And when Jesus said, "Work while it is day, for the night cometh when no man can work," he meant that while the Kingdom is open for men to enter we must work, for when its doors shall be closed the work of the angelic laborer must cease, and men and spirits be left to an eternity in the spiritual spheres.

And so we work, and so must you work until the time of separation, and as the Master said, the wheat and the tares must be permitted to grow together, until the great time of the harvesting shall take place.

But until then, we must mingle and work and pray without ceasing.
The Kingdom will be completed, and the Door of the Heavenly Kingdom closed

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 22 Feb 2011 14:03 #4047

• Ian
Jesus:
But neglect or incompleteness notwithstanding, the Bible, which most of those professing to be Christians believe contains my sayings, does set forth this Way to the Celestial Kingdom! The words are few and the Way is plain, and no mystery prevents men from comprehending the meaning thereof. When I said, "Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God,"

I disclosed the only and true Way to this Kingdom. During my time on earth, there were some who understood this great Truth; since that time, there have been some who not only understood this Truth, but also found the Way, and followed it until they reached the goal, and are now inhabitants of this Kingdom. But the vast majority of men - priests, teachers, and people - have never understood, and have never sought to find the Way. To their spiritual senses, this great Truth has been, as it were, a hidden thing. And as they read or even recite the same to their hearers, it has no special significance. It is merely considered one of the moral precepts, such as "Love your neighbor as yourself," and with not as much importance to it as to some of these others. And so, all down the ages since the Great Kingdom has been waiting for men, they, though in all sincerity and in love towards God, have sought for and found only the Kingdom of the Perfect Man (to a greater or lesser extent), and have neglected to seek for, and have missed, the Kingdom of the Divine Angel.
The True Kingdom of Heaven That Jesus Taught on Earth - the Celestial Kingdom

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 22 Feb 2011 14:17 #4048

• Ian
Jesus:
In the future, all men, either as spirits or mortals, will possess that soul quality or potentiality, until the great day of judgment shall again, take from those who have not perfected their souls at that time into the enjoyment of the Divine nature, as I have explained. When that day comes, those who are without this Divine Essence in their souls will be forever deprived of the privilege of receiving this Great Gift or of obtaining this Divine Essence, or in other words, of God's Divine Love.

And after that time those spirits who have never acquired this Divine Nature will be permitted to live merely as spirits enjoying their natural love, just as Adam after his fall, and just as all spirits and men who lived between that time, and my coming lived only in their natural love.
This is the "second death." Adam's was the first, and the great day of judgment will declare the second. And after that, never again will man have the opportunity of partaking of this Divine Essence of the Father and becoming "as one of the gods."

Men may reason to the utmost of their limited intellects, in the way of saying that God would not subject his creatures to this second death, and thereby deprive them of this great boon of becoming partakers of His Divine Nature and the great happiness that comes with It. But such reasoning, or the conclusion reached, will not change the fact. What I tell you is the fact, and when too late, many men will realize to their sorrow that it is true.

He will still be their Father, even though they may not accept his Great Gift, and they will be comparatively happy from the natural love bestowed upon them. But they will not partake of His Heavenly Kingdom.
They will be like the guests invited to the marriage feast who, because of various excuses, declined to attend. While they were not deprived of other food and sustenance, yet they never partook of the more precious food which the host had provided for them at the feast, and never thereafter had the opportunity to do so.

Many of my parables in the Bible illustrate this great Truth when properly understood. And men in those days did understand my parables when I was on earth. But men now harden their hearts and shut their intellects to the Truths of these parables and to my teachings.
Immortality Only from the Immortal Can True Immortality Be Acquired

Re:The True Explanations for Many of Jesus' Sayings and Parables are in these Messages 22 Feb 2011 14:27 #4049

• Ian
Jesus:
The Bible does not contain many sayings of mine disclosing the Truths, and does contain many sayings attributed to me which I never said. Take that saying over which a controversy is now occurring and which is referred to in another article contained in the book mentioned; that is, that I said "I came not to bring peace to the world but rather a "sword."

Now, while this appears in Matthew's Gospel as coming from me, I never said it nor used any expression that would convey the meaning that some of the commentators are endeavoring to place upon the words. I never taught war upon a man's neighbors, and never at any time was such a thought a part of my teachings to the disciples or to any others.

No, militarism is all wrong and against all the precepts of truth. It should not be believed for a moment by any Christians, or by anyone else, that such action was ever advocated by me. While I know the truth will cause a division among men as to what the truth is, and may even separate men and cause bitter thoughts and even hatred to arise in the souls of men towards their fellowmen, with even brother perhaps coming to dislike brother, yet the accomplishing of such results was not the object of my coming to earth and teaching the Truths. Rather, they are the results of the unavoidable conflict between truth and error. Truth cannot compromise, even for the sake of peace, and error will not submit or acknowledge its untruth so long as it can get any mortal to believe in and advocate it.
Sin Has No Existence Except as It Is Created by Mankind, and Man Must Pay the Penalties