Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group

TOPIC:

The Power of Divine Love 22 Feb 2011 03:45 #4041

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
This message from Jesus explains the power of Divine Love - that the influence of this Love can be felt by all of God's children, even though they may not be praying for it or know of his teachings.

"This divine love is also the influence which makes men on earth think and do that which makes for peace and good will among men. It is not possessed by all men, in fact, by comparatively few, yet its influence is felt over nearly the whole earth. Even those who have never heard of my teachings, or of my Father, enjoy the benefit of its influence in some kind of belief or faith in an overshadowing spirit of great power and watchfulness.

I know that this is true, for I have visited all parts of the earth and have looked into men's hearts and found in them some elements of belief which evidenced that this great Love was influencing these unenlightened people. So notwithstanding the fact that my gospel is not preached to every creature as I commanded when on earth, yet this Love of the Father is everywhere and all-pervading. Still it is not received in all that fullness that enables those who feel its influence to realize that God is their Father, and they are His children and may become members of His household in the Celestial Spheres."

The Power of Divine Love to Redeem Men from Sin and Error

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The Power of Divine Love 23 Feb 2011 05:47 #4056

• Joan
Andrew tells us that the power of Divine Love removes all fear.

"I came to tell you that where love is, there can be no sin or unhappiness, and fear is not.

We, who live in the Celestial Spheres, know this to be a fact, and with all the force and authority that knowledge gives, we declare this truth unto you tonight, the love that casteth out all fear is the Divine Love of the Father, and when a spirit obtains that, there exists no such thing as fear, and nothing that could create or permit fear to exist.

God wants the souls of men in love and not in fear, and the only way in which such end can be accomplished is for men to see and know Him, as God of love only. No man can come to the Father except through this New Birth and faith in the Father's love."

Divine Love Casteth Out All Fear

Re:The Power of Divine Love 24 Feb 2011 04:39 #4060

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Andrew wrote:

God wants the souls of men in love and not in fear, and the only way in which such end can be accomplished is for men to see and know Him, as God of love only.

Hi Joan, this is a good discussion and I am particularly fond of this message. As the oldest of 5 children my parents dropped us off for Sunday School and afterwards we attended the Methodist church service. Interestingly, my parents never attended church with us. Despite the hell, fire and brimstone teachings of Christianity, I can't recall ever feeling any fear as regards God. The images of Jesus holding a baby lamb or of his selfless service to the downtrodden, the sick and lame spoke to me of a God of compassion and love.

Perhaps it is man's guilt for his sins that fears God's judgment. However God judges no one, as God is Love and love judges not. Many believe also the judgment happens after we die and yet we atone every moment of our earth life for our thoughts, desires and actions. In other words, we experience self judgment predicated on our perfect memory of all our deeds all the time.

I can understand how someone who does not have a plan to redeem themselves of their past, might live in fear. The church teaches that if we do not confess our sins before God and accept Jesus as one's personal savior; we will go to hell. If an individual is spiritually ignorant and is not a seeker of truth they might just buy into this false belief by default. The spirit world is full of disillusioned people who still believe they are doomed to their unhappy destiny for eternity. The fact remains that redemption is available beyond the grave.

Fear is old school as it is portrayed in the Old Testament, as man sought to please God by obedience to His Laws and feared his wrath for disobedience. The New Covenant was ushered in by Jesus who personified God as Love and to love one's enemies. The more we are filled with God's Love the less we fear until one day when no more fear is left and only love remains. Love is the answer; God's Divine Love.

Your brother in Christ,
Dan

Re:The Power of Divine Love 25 Feb 2011 14:25 #4074

• Joan
As is the way of life, many times we worry about certain material things and this effect of our worrying may cause us much mental stress and unhappiness, as we may not know or understand how we can change certain situations. But there is a way to remove the cause of our worries and that is by the power of Divine Love, which brings to us peace and calm in the midst of mental chaos.

In this message, Jesus explains how it works to Mr. Padgett:

"You must surely realize the effect of prayer to a greater extent than ever, because if you had not prayed as you have been doing for the past few days, you would have found yourself in a great degree of despondency, as the same cause for creating this despondency exists now as it existed several days ago when you were so depressed and worried.

Prayer is a wonderful help when offered with the true longings of the soul and will always find a response, and the benefit will not be merely spiritual but, as you may say, material as well.

Of course, prayer does not remove the cause of worry and thus relieve the mortal from worry, but it operates on the mortal's consciousness in such a way as to remove the effect of this cause of worry on the feelings and mental conditions of the mortal, and in this way is the mortal benefited and his prayers responded to. He, as it were, becomes a new man and ceases to look upon these causes in the same light that he did before the prayers commenced to bring their responses. And he, in his real self, is a different man from what he was when in the condition that existed before he prayed."
The Result of Obtaining The Divine Love in Removing Worry

Re:The Power of Divine Love 25 Feb 2011 15:15 #4075

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan,

Prayer is one of my best stress reducers too and without it I'd be without my anchor that keep my ship from drifting too much in the winds of drama, controversy and negativity. As a boater, when winds pick up on a lake, bay or ocean it's rock and roll time in my canoe or kayak. If winds are too strong and dangerous conditions persist, one needs to find a safe harbor or cove to avoid capsizing. I've paddled through these conditions and it takes great skill to navigate treacherous waters without mishap. Sometimes it's safer and easier to pull out of the storm and let it blow over and avoid the risks. When things are getting pretty wild and crazy here on earth, rather that staying in the middle of it all, it's better for me to withdraw to prayer to find my center again with God through prayer for His Love. Prayer is my refuge, my safe harbor from the storm.

I love this thread Joan. Thanks and love to you too.

Dan

Re:The Power of Divine Love 25 Feb 2011 17:03 #4077

• Joan
I'm right there with you, Dan, as sometimes I feel I'm making such a pest of myself with my Father when something is troubling me and I need His Love and comfort. Well, He assures me I'm not being a pest as He loves it when I come to Him no matter what the reason is. :cheer:

I wanted to add here for those people who haven't yet received God's Divine Love what it feels like when it flows into my soul. When I first began praying, my soul opened up about a half inch in diameter... and this is in the middle of my chest to the right of my heart and I could feel a warmth that I had never felt before. Every time I pray and long for and receive it, there is that warmth so I know that it is God's Love.

So fast forward to today and what is the change with me... the half inch diameter has grown to ten inches and when I'm multi-tasking like I am right now... typing this post and not verbally praying, well, my soul is busy longing for God's Love because I can feel it's warmth from my neck to my waist.

When I'm laying down and meditating, the warmth flows through my whole body. It's an unmistakable wonderful feeling... and one that I highly recommend. :)

Love and Blessings,
Joan