Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re:The Second Coming 20 Feb 2011 19:52 #4035

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Thank you all for your great posts and insight.

I'll just add that prior to being open to the messages and the truths, as it was in my case, I had a curiosity as to what they were all about. I had heard about them for a few years before I even opened the first volume. But I do believe that during this time, the Angels were preparing me as it is explained in the teachings and, of course, I was not aware of what they were doing.

And like James Padgett, I didn't know before I tried automatic writing that I had this gift. Frankly, I had never even heard about it. What I found after reading the messages is that I began to have a few spiritual experiences after receiving God's Divine Love.

As you did, Dave, at some point I did question the messages... are they true. So I gave it the truth test as John describes in his message - the way to find out if something is true or not. I put it out there for God and what happened is that I was lead right back to where I started.

But as they say, and pardon me for this cliche', the proof is in the pudding. Action = results. Praying for God's Divine Love causes it's inflowing.

For a few years now, I have been totally committed to my Father and to the work that He wishes us to do and I have been blessed and humbled that Jesus has poured his love on me and thanked me for doing it. And it is an honor and a privilege to assist him at this stage of his Second Coming.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The Second Coming 03 Mar 2011 05:41 #4102

• Joan
I was looking for a message on another topic, when I ran across this one to share. It's from Elizabeth, who was the cousin of Jesus' mother Mary. She writes about the Second Coming and that so many spirits are engaged in the work with Jesus that James Padgett is a part of:

"Let me say a word and, that is, that you are a very happy man just now, and so you should be; for as the Master said, you have much of the Love in your soul tonight. You may not fully realize this fact, but the influence and effect of its presence will manifest themselves, and you will find coming to you that wonderful peace of which the Master has told you.

For a moment, think that there is nothing between you and the Father, and that as regards your longings and His Love, they are face to face, and no mediator intervenes or can intervene. Only the Father's Love and you, alone. Think of this and you will realize not only what a wonderful thing the Divine Love is, but what a wonderful thing your soul is that it can become so in nearness and in Love with the Father.

This is the only way of becoming at-one with Him, and everything besides is inefficacious to bring about the great transformation of which the higher spirits have written you. So many spirits are engaged in this great work, which is the real Second Coming of Jesus - and which means the Second Coming of the love and mercy and privilege of receiving the Love - and if you could only for a moment with your physical vision see those who are present, you would never doubt the work that you are to do, and the great responsibility that rests upon you. But as you cannot in this way see, you must believe without seeing, and let no doubt of the fact enter into your faith."

Elizabeth, cousin of Mary--Mother of Jesus. The work that Mr. Padgett is doing, which is the real Second Coming of Jesus.

Re:The Second Coming 09 Dec 2013 21:28 #6181

• Joan
Yesterday, I posted on my blog a message from John written on December 29, 1916, which doesn't appear to be on Ian's website. It's a short message where he refers to the second coming:

"...I was with you tonight and heard the sermon of the preacher on the second coming of Jesus, and by it you were convinced of the continued revelation of the truths that you are receiving. How very much mistaken this preacher is in his beliefs, and how disappointed he will be when he comes to not only realize the truths, but also the knowledge that while living on earth, Jesus had already come the second time and that he, the preacher, might have had the benefit of that coming if he had not permitted his orthodox beliefs to prevent the truth from entering his mind and soul."

It's been 97 years since that message was received by James E. Padgett and some people still think Jesus' second coming will be any day now. How sad is that! Well, while they're waiting for this supernatural event which will never come, we're blessed here to know the Real Truth. :)

Re:The Second Coming 10 Dec 2013 01:30 #6182

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
I remember reading that in the book awhile back. It is sad that so many people will not believe that Jesus has already come a second time. It also surprises me that not only do they think Jesus will return, but that he is going to raise the dead from the grave.

Re:The Second Coming 11 Dec 2013 15:47 #6184

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
MichaelD wrote:

It also surprises me that not only do they think Jesus will return, but that he is going to raise the dead from the grave.

Funny story here about the graves opening and bodies floating upward to be taken by Jesus to the Kingdom of Heaven. I was chatting with a relative during our Thanksgiving holiday about our final arrangements and said I wanted to be cremated. This disturbed the other person somewhat as he said he had been burned before in a fire and didn't want to be burned again. I told him he wouldn't feel the flames and he understood that. Now that I look back on the conversation he's also a believer in Jesus' return and may want to keep his body intact for such an event. Perhaps destroying the body by fire exempts one from paradise. Such silly beliefs.

Re:The Second Coming 11 Dec 2013 16:24 #6186

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
If only they would realize that Jesus' body after he returned was a spirit manifestation and is possible for all that learn the procedure and you will never need your earthly body again. Look how much less space we would need if everybody was cremated and given back to the earth.

• Page: