Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC:

James Padgett's Vision of Jesus Many Years Before He was Selected by Jesus to Receive Messages 30 Jan 2011 16:43 #3928

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Jesus Wants the World to Follow His True Teachings

Jesus wrote this message through James E. Padgett on September 12, 1914. It can be found in True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, volume II, page 1... and on Ian's website here: Jesus of Nazareth Selects James E. Padgett, Part l .

Note Dr. Stone's footnote at the bottom, where he indicates that Mr. Padgett had a vision of Jesus many years before he began receiving messages from him. And as Jesus wrote, "you were hard-hearted and sinful," so this wasn't speculation by Jesus, but an actual awareness of Mr. Padgett's soul condition that would need to be changed before he could write the higher truths of God.

I am here, Jesus.

God is Love. And they that worship Him in spirit and love will not be forsaken.

I came to tell you that you are very near the Kingdom. Only believe and pray to the Father and you will soon know the Truth, and the Truth will make you free. *You were hard-hearted and sinful; but, now that you are seeking the light, I will come to you and help you. Only believe and you will soon see the Truth of my teachings. Go not in the way of the wicked, for their end is punishment and long-suffering. Let your love for God and your fellow man increase.

You are not in condition for further writing. I will come to you again when you are stronger. **Yes, it is Jesus, and I want the world to follow the true teachings of my words.

Good-bye, and may the Holy Spirit bless you, as I do.

JESUS CHRIST.

*Mr. Padgett told me that he had a vision of Jesus many years before he knew he had the mediumistic gift to receive communications from spirits. He told me that when he saw Jesus at the time he had the vision, that he looked at him with a great love and sympathy as if he wanted him to become a true follower of him.

The first messages from Jesus are for the purpose of encouraging Mr. Padgett to get into his soul the Divine Love in sufficient abundance so as to change the quality of his brain into that high quality that would enable Jesus to write the high quality of truths or formal messages, that he is so anxious to give to the world. For further explanation, read Foreward, page X of Preface -- Why these earliest personal messages in this Vol. II were not inserted in Vol. I.

Leslie R. Stone

In True Gospel Revealed Anew By Jesus, vol. II, the Foreward, page X that is mentioned in the footnote was removed. But in the Book of Truths, which is Dr. Stone's publication of vol. II, the explanation is on page ix, and not page x.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mr. Padgett's Vision of Jesus Before His Writings 01 Feb 2011 18:28 #3935

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
So to me, this it looks like Mr. Padgett was being prepared long before he took his first message, could it be that Jesus visited him to let him know that he would be chosen to do a work, maybe he was chosen before Jesus appeared to him.

The same thing happened to me, Jesus appeared before me The Visit , now I am doing this work of spreading these messages out, maybe you have a similar or the same mission.
Maybe there is more to come.
Food for thought.

Re:Mr. Padgett's Vision of Jesus Before His Writings 02 Feb 2011 04:45 #3937

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ian, I think many of us have also been prepared for this journey just like James Padgett. And further, anyone who reads Jesus' revelations for the first time and resonates with the truths he reveals, has previously received God's Divine Love to enable and bring to life the soul's perceptions. Without some development of these perceptions by God's Love, Jesus' truths may appear as simply religious literature and not necessarily the fulfillment of his Second Coming and his Repeated Gospel of Love.

I received God's Love at 18 and 5 years later discovered Jesus' revelations through James Padgett at a Divine Love study group. When I read the True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, many of the things he spoke of was a confirmation of an inner knowing, like the truth that He is not God, that God is not angry or vengeful however loving and Jesus can't/doesn't pay the sins of the human race.

I wonder when mortal soul preparation begins as many of us may begin this journey as children? The many unseen hands and hearts that guide our way are all instrumental in our soul preparation that has led to this amazing life we share.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Re:Mr. Padgett's Vision of Jesus Before His Writings 02 Feb 2011 10:55 #3938

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
This paragraph from Jesus sprang to mind Dan, it explains what needs to happen first.

"How the Redeemed Soul Is Saved from the Penalties That Sin and Error Have Brought Upon It"

"When the soul is in a condition of sin and error, it is not responsive to the inflowing of the Holy Spirit. In order to get into a condition of receptivity to these influences, it must have an awakening as to its actual condition of enslavement by these things. And until such an awakening comes to it, there is no possibility of its receiving the Love of God into it, and of turning its thoughts to the Truths of God, and to the practices of life that will help it in its progress towards a condition of freedom."

A couple more paragraphs from the same message.

"This awakening must come from other causes that influence the mind as well as the soul, and cause them to realize that the life man lives is not the correct life, or one in accord with the demands of the Laws of God, or with the real longings of their own hearts and souls.

Until this awakening comes, the soul is really dead so far as its having a consciousness of the existence of the Truths of its redemption is concerned. And such death means a continuance in such thoughts of sin and evil, and in the life which may lead only to condemnation and death for long, long years to come." End Quote.

So, as long as we do not realise that there is something very wrong with this world of man and ourselves, we will remain in it and apart of it, oblivious to the salvation God offers us.
Even if one dies without this awakening, they will still be in the earth planes or worse.

When I found these messages I went around full of zest telling people about them, I thought people wanted the truth, the truth that was seemingly hidden from the world.
I found this not to be exactly true, most people wanted other things and truth was a word to be avoided, they would change the subject, get confused, tell me they weren't religions etc, and I met many a blank expression on peoples faces.
Sometimes though, it appeared like I struck a note with some of them, because I saw that they lightened up from inside and it was noticeable through their eyes.

I found that saying too much created confusion and learnt to know when to stop. Sometimes challenging a contradictory belief they held would be the first step, whatever it was no plan of action was needed, it all came spontaneously, like I would get impressions about what to say and sometimes some very extraordinary occurrences would occur, like their guides were there too trying to help their cause. Sometimes you can say just the right thing which sets into motion another step towards an opening to God for someone.

• Page: