Soul's Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 26 Jan 2011 04:44 #3890

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
On-line Study Group Lesson 1
True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus

The Condition of the soul, when and after the Divine Love flows into it by John

When the Divine Love flows into the soul, and it becomes permeated with the Divine Essence, then it takes on the Divine Nature of the Father and to the extent it receives and possesses this Love, it becomes at-one with God and ceases to be a mere image and becomes transformed into the substance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 26 Jan 2011 05:57 #3891

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
When we speak about being made in the image of God I look for metaphors like the light of the moon which is a reflected light of the sun and is dependent upon for it's own light. The moon does not make it's own light and the light it reflects is only a shadow of the light of the source.

If God is the sun and we are the moon, our light is borrowed as we do no make our own light as we are a mere reflection of God. When we look in the mirror and see our reflection, the image we see is not the real person just as we are created in the image of God, or God's reflection as it were. This is the condition of the soul before Divine Love flows into it.

After Divine Love flows into our soul it finds a lodgement. When I think of lodgement or something being lodged I think of something getting stuck and you can't get it un-stuck. It's there for good. Once the Divine Love in embedded in our soul it's there forever and can never be dis-lodged, removed and lost.

John says we take on the nature of the Heavenly Father when we receive His Love. I think back to the sun and moon as we begin to shine a new Love and light, not just a reflection anymore. The nature of God that we take on is His Love Nature and the extent of this Love that we receive and possess, determines our degree of at-onement with God. Perhaps some of the key words here are receive and possess as the only way to obtain God's Divine Love is to pray for it, receive it via the Holy Spirit and then possess it as a permanent soul's possession.

Our understanding of God's Nature is in direct relationship to the development of our souls' condition by the amount of Divine Love in our soul. It's not just a one time deal that we pray for God's Love however is something we do everyday, over and over... I think the object here is to reach a constant state of yearning for God's Love. Since the Divine Love is God's substance, it would stand to reason that the more we prayed and received His Divine Love that the more we would take on His nature, Love and substance.

Dan

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 26 Jan 2011 13:44 #3895

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
I like your analogy, Dan... I have thought of God in this way, also. We learn in the messages that this earth is an image of the spirit world and that it is God's love that lights the spirit world... just as the sun lights the earth.

As our souls receive more Divine Love and we become closer to God, our soul longings take over for our prayers and all throughout the day, the love will flow in response to these longings, without us even thinking about it.

As to the Divine qualities of our Father which change our soul to become in tune to His... from my own experience, these changes are very subtle and you may not even notice any change is taking place at all... until you recall the past and realize that you used to think or act in a certain way... and really without any conscious effort on your part, a change for the better in your character has occurred. Such is the power and the miracle of God's Divine Love.

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 26 Jan 2011 23:43 #3906

• brotherdavek
  • Thank you received: 0
i like this Daniel! Yes the Divine Love is the Spiritual Substance of the Divine Soul
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 27 Jan 2011 05:59 #3909

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Would you like to respond as to how you know this to be true to you Dave?

Re:Souls Condition After Divine Love Flows Into It 27 Jan 2011 13:56 #3912

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
John wrote:

When the Divine Love flows into the soul, and it becomes permeated with the Divine Essence

When I consult the dictionary regarding the word permeated, which means to penetrate or diffuse through I couldn't help but look above that word to permeability or the state of being permeable. Being permeable is the conducive state of our soul created by several things:

1. Our sincere longings and desires for God's Divine Love. Are
you crying out for it man with all you got?

2. The influences of Divine Angels that assist the soul in
opening up to the inflowing of God's Divine Love.
There are many influences that help lift us up out of
ourselves, most of which are invisible and come from the
spirit world.

3. Our active soul condition in real time. Where are we at in
our thoughts and feelings? Are we in a positive or
negative state? Are we dwelling purely on the material
level or do we entertain nobler thoughts that transcend the
mundane and venture into spiritual overtures of love,
compassion, caring, nurturing, charity, empathy,
forgiveness etc?

Considering that all of these are fundamental and necessary to the reception of the Divine Love it would appear that a further study of them could be helpful. Regarding our longings and desires for God's Divine Love, it is no small feat to have them. Perhaps some may believe they have soul's longings however may only be in their mind. . When I pray to God I can sense the state I'm in and what my state of being is at the time. I'm not discouraged if I'm only at the level of my mind as I pray to transcend my thoughts and reach the higher levels of the soul's longing. One of the best ways for me to get to a place of true sincere longing and desire is to pray for forgiveness for my errors. When I feel really convicted by my conscience and turn to God and cry out for His Love to forgive me and to purify and my heart; it's usually a sure bet that I'm going to straight to the heart of God. Music is also inspirational to me and helps to lift my soul as there are many influences we can use to create a more conducive condition for the soul's longings. I enjoy my "quiet time", a special time every morning when I rise about 4:00 am, enjoy a cup of coffee, put on some gentle music, and read spiritual material, participate here, pray and write in my journal. This is a very conducive time for prayer for me and it's at this time that my soul's longings are most active. Of course through out the day I seek these longings while I am working and into the world.

Regarding the influence of our spirit helpers in assisting us with their love and influence to open up our souls to the inflowing of God's Divine Love; I can feel their presence and I know that they are with me and others. Perhaps we would be amazed at how much help we receive from the spirit world as all mortals have some level of influence in their lives. All of us may have guardian angels, ancestors, friends, family, colleagues, associates and teachers that influence our thoughts constantly. We do not live to ourselves alone as no man is an island. Getting back to John's opening thought; When Divine Love flows into the soul; this the is active flow of Love from deity to our soul that requires our desire and longing to attract it. God's Love is not sent via the Holy Spirit because He wills it, as He already desires it for us, however we must want it for ourselves and will it to come into us. So, this is what the Celestial Spirits do for us, as they assist us in the forming of our soul's longings and desires for God's Love. According to the information we have from the Celestial Angels, apparently we cannot open up our own soul without their assistance. Apparently somewhere along the way in our progression I assume that we will be able to open up our own souls, particularly when we become angels and assist others who are of lesser soul development. At this juncture of our soul development we need the assistance of the Celestial Angels to help us open up our souls to the inflowing of God's Divine Love. And because of this, we need to attract them by turning our thoughts and desires to God as often as we can so the Law of Attraction will work to attract the right kinds of influences that help us in our yearning for God's Love.

Your loving brother in Christ,
Dan