Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Profound Pearls of Wisdom 14 Dec 2013 19:39 #6188

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Faith is not the belief that arises from the mere operation of the mind, but that which comes from the opening of the perceptions of the soul, and which enables its possessor to see God in all His Beauty and Love. I do not mean that the possessor of this faith will actually see God in form or feature, for he has none such, but his soul perceptions will be in such condition that all the Attributes of the Father will appear so plainly to him, that they will be as real as anything that he can see with the eyes of the spirit form. Such faith comes only with constant earnest prayer, and the reception into the soul of the Divine Love.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Profound Pearls of Wisdom 16 Dec 2013 15:23 #6191

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
God recognizes and respects the independent will of His creature. He does not force them to seek His Love, but waits until they, by their own experience, learn that what they once thought was all sufficient for their happiness, is not sufficient; and realizing this insufficiency, they become dissatisfied, and with such dissatisfaction comes the wish to learn the great unknown of desire, which, at last, causes them to feel their dependence upon a source of happiness not emanating from themselves.

Re:Profound Pearls of Wisdom 17 Dec 2013 20:31 #6194

• Ian
It has been asserted by many that the beliefs of a man do not count for much in determining his condition of soul and mind, and that only his acts and deeds and the qualities of his heart determine that condition; but this assertion I declare to be untrue, unless these acts and deeds and qualities of heart are the results of beliefs being in accord with the truth.

Re:Profound Pearls of Wisdom 21 Dec 2013 00:14 #6201

• Ian
No man can of himself become filled with this Divine Love, for in only one way will it come into his soul, and that is by prayer to the Father for its inflowing, and faith that He will give it to him who asks earnestly and humbly.

Re:Profound Pearls of Wisdom 28 Dec 2013 15:38 #6209

• Joan
Divine Love is the influence which makes men on earth think and do that which makes for peace and good will among men. It is not possessed by all men, in fact, by comparatively few, yet its influence is felt over nearly the whole earth. Even those who have never heard of my teachings or of my Father enjoy the benefit of its influence in some kind of belief or faith in an overshadowing spirit of great power and watchfulness.

Re:Profound Pearls of Wisdom 30 Dec 2013 17:04 #6216

• Joan
When the spirit leaves the body, there is a breaking of the silver cord and thereby all connection between the spirit and the body is severed for all eternity. Never again can that spirit enter that body, and neither can any other spirit. When the silver cord is once severed, no power that is known to the spirit world, or among spirits of the highest sphere, can again resuscitate that body and cause the manifestation of life.