Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re:Let's talk about God 03 Mar 2014 18:56 #6372

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I know what you mean but if they will not listen there isn't much anyone can do, you could though ask him if he really really loves God with all his soul, I say this because you never seem to hear this from the bible people, it appears that they fear Him more than anything, so why should they fear an all loving God? Maybe they are taught to believe this and think it is the right thing to do, I'm sure if you get the chance to show your love of God to anyone they would think again and wonder about their own belief in a wrathful God, and you never know, they might change that belief one day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Let's talk about God 07 Mar 2014 21:50 #6394

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
MichaelD wrote:

I find that knowing the truth makes it where you want to share. Dealing with Bible thumpers makes it very difficult as if you don't agree with them, then you are wrong and they don't want to talk anymore. I mentioned something about God the other day to a client. His comment was, :we're all born bad". I thought, I wasn't sorry you think that, but I didn't say anything as it wasn't the right time.

Hey Michael,

That's so true. We do want to share the truth with everybody and I agree about the right timing. I work in an area where there are a lot of homeless people walking the streets and several times, a person will approach me to ask for money. Most of the time, I think... well, you're going to get more than that. So I reach into my wallet for a dollar or two and then I ask them if they ever heard about Divine Love and I proceed to enlighten them if only to introduce to them the words.

Last weekend, it was pouring down and raining so hard, but I needed to go to the bank and another store in the same shopping center. As I approached the bank with my umbrella, I saw a woman and her little child in a stroller standing by the front door. When I came out, she told me of her dilemma, that when she left the house it wasn't raining and she asked if I would give her a ride home. I thought for a minute, well, I do need to go to that other store, but then I said to her that she asked the right person because of God. I gave her a ride home, which was less than a mile and she was so appreciative. We hugged before I drove off and we both said, "God bless you." Even though it wasn't the right timing to tell her about Divine Love, it was the best time to bring up God and I felt so good in knowing that I helped somebody in need that day.

Re:Let's talk about God 08 Mar 2014 07:19 #6395

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
Wonderful story Joan, I love that.

• Page: