Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Let's talk about God 14 Feb 2014 14:00 #6337

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Don't you just love it when a conversation about God pops up during the day. It's a rare thing because most folks don't include Him in their conversations. I don't know if it's a taboo to talk about Him because of some spiritual correctness to not offend others as being proselytizing or offensive to non-believers. Some may write or speak about spiritual or positive things but rarely do we talk about God. To know God is to experience Him through His Love through conscious aspiration for it's infusion into our hearts. In this bonding process between our souls a way of knowing and seeing God emerges through what are called the souls perceptions. Through this transformative relationship with God, a personal relationship develops that yields many new and wonderful insights, experiences and perceptions about our awesome Creator. And to that spirit we share herein. This thread is all about YOU.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Let's talk about God 14 Feb 2014 14:40 #6338

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sometimes it seems like things get a little fuzzy about what God does in our lives and what we may take action on. There's a popular slogan that's been around the self help circles for some years now; If it's meant to be, it's up to me. This can be viewed from many different angles but the one I love best is where God empowers and moves us to be proactive in ways that are harmonious to our wellbeing and spiritual growth. Lately I've had a very nice experience with God.

During the month of January, Debra and I both got the flu. As soon as one started to recover the other would get it and then the one improving would relapse. Both of us could not work as we were running out of money and I had no prospects of work in my construction business. Both of us were beat up from our sickness and were still so weak that the prospect of working looked daunting. All our bills were payed but we were bumping up against new bills without an income. Through the years as a self employed contractor, we've learned to survive through these times so we don't get real worried about this sort of thing as God has always provided for us. As I pray for His Divine Love my faith in His provision for us has grown. And I'm also learning to listen when He prodes me to do something. Deb said go back through your past bids and contact folks. I've done this many times before as this is what one does in the contracting business. Lately I've been offering discounts to stimulate business but this time God proded me to do something different, to ask for the business. I looked through my bids and selected the latest and best prospect and sent them an email and told them we needed their work and needed it now. Interestingly, the client I sent that too is one of few that I could be so direct with as we have done allot of business with them over the years. Within 10 minutes I got a phone call from the client who said when can you start and handed me cash to get started? Today, we will complete their work on schedule and put ourselves back on solid financial footing. This all happened because God guided and prompted me to speak up and ask for my clients business, something I have never done before. Thank you Father for guiding my life.

Your loving son,
Daniel

Re: Let's talk about God 17 Feb 2014 03:57 #6340

• David
  • Thank you received: 1
I have noticed this too that it seems like a taboo to talk about God unless you’re in a church setting. I think that because there are so many competing churches trying to gain new members that when the topic of God comes up people fear that the person who is bringing it up is trying to convert them to their religion. As a result this has created a situation where people don’t want to talk about God unless they are with people who share their same beliefs. I have sometimes been in conversations or situations where I was trying to explain my point of view but could not express myself clearly because in order to do so I would have to explain my beliefs and how in every situation we should lead with our souls as much as possible and not to rationalize things with our material mind. Since most discussions are centered around rational, material ways of thinking I often find myself searching for rational ways to explain something but fail because I can’t bring my soulful thoughts into the conversation. I have at times used the expression, lead from your heart and not your mind and everything will work out just fine. This seems to go over ok but eventually the rational side of the discussion is reignited and I feel frustrated and become quit or simply leave. But I feel things will change as it becomes more exceptable to talk about spiritual topics.

with love,
David

Re: Let's talk about God 18 Feb 2014 00:05 #6343

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I had a dream last night, I was talking to a lady and telling her about the great opportunity God offers everyone, she seemed very interested at first, but the more I explained the more confused she became, so I just gave her the title of this website, "Truth for all people" and left, then woke up.
So maybe the message here is to keep it simple, don't reveal too much at once.

It's not only here on earth we meet these barriers but in the spirit world too, there are a myriad of beliefs systems in both and even the angels of God have a hard time convincing the spirits what the truth is and the happiness that awaits those who follow the true teachings of Jesus.
I did notice on many occasions that whenever I mention God or Jesus to someone they would automatically think I am from a church and trying to get them to join, and when I tell them I am not from any church and am not trying to get them to join anything, they still seen to connect me with the Christian religion and the bible teachings and cut the conversation right there.
Some listen though and that is the seed sown, then it's up to them if they wish to find out more, but I think that if they are not searching for truth they won't even recognise it if it is told them, it will just be another theory, as Jesus said on earth “Strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leads to life eternal, and few there be who enter therein.”
He knew then what we are finding out now, this is the work though and in these times with the internet the truth can be found and read, it is there for everyone to find, many will not seek it, but some do seek and they will find it.

Love and Blessings Ian

Re:Let's talk about God 27 Feb 2014 02:26 #6359

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A local mechanic who owns his own shop; Tony, is my spiritual friend too. I stop at his shop from time to time and we always get around to talking about our thankfulness for His Blessings. This morning I pull in and he's standing under a car and said he was sorry but had a customer with him and was really busy. I made some remark about thanking God for my recent blessings and Tony couldn't hold back as he started telling me a similar story about his daughter and her recent blessings too. I felt a little embarrassed as 10 minutes later I'm shaking hands goodbye with his customer being so patient. Bragging on God is contagious.

Re:Let's talk about God 01 Mar 2014 16:13 #6364

• MichaelD
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 3
I find that knowing the truth makes it where you want to share. Dealing with Bible thumpers makes it very difficult as if you don't agree with them, then you are wrong and they don't want to talk anymore. I mentioned something about God the other day to a client. His comment was, :we're all born bad". I thought, I wasn't sorry you think that, but I didn't say anything as it wasn't the right time.

• Page: